PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

This looks to be the last Outlaw Tour event we’ll see on DK with the PGA Tour starting up the following week on June 11th.

This event is at Lone Tree GC in Chandler. AZ
    It’s a Par 71 course tipped out at 7007 yards.

There was a 2-day event here in February with Matt Gurska winning by 2 shots at -13 over Jimmy Gunn. Leaderboard here:
    https://outlawtour.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/outlawtour19/event/outlawtour1928/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

Last week I talked about Norman Panda Xiong as the special guest addition to the field and he promptly shot a 1st round Even par round and then WD with a back injury.

This week’s field has another new pro and former top amateur (#3 in the World) and recent 2019-2020 Haskins Award winner (for best NCAA player) in Sahith Theegala from Pepperdine. Theegala’s final college season (as a 5th year Senior due to sitting out most of 2019 with a wrist injury) also got cut short with the NCAA cancelling the last few tournies plus the NCAA Championships due to the virus ruining what could have been a memorable run from his Pepperdine team that was ranked #1 for a good part of the season and a virtual lock to get to the Match Play portion of NCAA Golf Championship. They were also probably the best “mid-major” golf program since Patrick Reed’s (and Henrik Norlander’s) 2010 and 2011 NCAA Champion Augusta State University team.

This tourney seems to be a bit of a weird format and I’m not sure how DK is going to handle it – there are actually 2 tournaments scheduled here: a 45 player Pro Field (already Full) and a separate 30 player amateur field (with at least 15 spots still open) as separate tournies because they are crowning their first Outlaw Aamateur champion so if it stays that way, we may only have 45 player salaries to choose from. In case they combine these fields into one leaderboard and we get up to 75 players on DK, I’d suggest taking a screenshot of the pro field off the Outlaw Tour tournament info page so you know who is a Pro and who is an Am before building lineups as sometimes that is not updated on the bluegolf tournament page before Round 1.

• Kpwgamecock

Being the degen that I am, I’d love it if DK kept the Outlaw Tour events, that way, we’d have golf every day of the week. Outlaw Tour usually start their tournaments on a Monday or Tuesday.

• Southie777

How is EVERYBODY 30-40% owned?! I’m no mathematician, but that math doesn’t seem to add up!

• Jdizzy007

RG Overall Ranking

So many +s on the board early on. Final day jitters??

• Jdizzy007

RG Overall Ranking

@Southie777 said...

How is EVERYBODY 30-40% owned?! I’m no mathematician, but that math doesn’t seem to add up!

Lol. Small field to select from. Choosing 6 players out of a field of 24 gives you 25% ownership chance for a given player. Remove 1 or 2 players that most folks avoid (eg. Trevino 5% owned) and odds increase

• titanhawks

@Kpwgamecock said...

Being the degen that I am, I’d love it if DK kept the Outlaw Tour events, that way, we’d have golf every day of the week. Outlaw Tour usually start their tournaments on a Monday or Tuesday.

I’d definately play golf everyday of the week over baseball every day :)

• BIF

@Jdizzy007 said...

Lol. Small field to select from. Choosing 6 players out of a field of 24 gives you 25% ownership chance for a given player. Remove 1 or 2 players that most folks avoid (eg. Trevino 5% owned) and odds increase

Yah that’s the problem with doing these as Showdowns – at least the first 2 rounds had 48 players to choose from so only like a 13% average.

I just wish they could do a 3-day GPP – the cut sweat would be great with only a small number making it to the final round

• Jdizzy007

RG Overall Ranking

No combination of 2 of Alker/Calkins/Winston minus Theegala/Lampson = No $

• Jdizzy007

RG Overall Ranking

@Jdizzy007 said...

No combination of 2 of Alker/Calkins/Winston minus Theegala/Lampson = No $

Or maybe not. Who knows today

• skankinmat

You shall be missed Outlaw Tour DFS

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.