PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

Next up on the Outlaw Tour is a 3-day event running Tuesday-Thursday at the lesser known TPC Scottsdale – Champions Course.

The big boys on the PGA Tour play on the Stadium Course; this event on the same property but at the easier and slightly shorter Champions Course.

Par 71 – stretched out to 7115 yards from the Tips

Unlike most Par 71’s, this course has 4 par 5’s and 5 par 3’s with just 9 par 4’s. Lots of Birdie opportunities but avoid bogies on the Par 3’s will be huge to go low and keep the scorecard clean.

• BIF

In other news, DK has just posted 2 contests for the PGA’s return in June at the Charles Schwab.

We have a $20 entry $2.5M total prizes Milly Maker with a terrible payout structure with $1M to first and $100K to 2nd – pretty disgusting but it’ll fill because we love PGA golf and miss live golf tournaments.

More appealing but much more costly to enter is the higher stakes $555 entry $1M Clash at Colonial which has a much better payout structure with $250K to 1st, $125K to 2nd and $75K to 3rd….also only 2002 total entries versus 148,529 in the Milly.

PGA Tour golf is back in less than 4 weeks

• JH822547

• ifthethunder

Prices are up on DK.
    ~

• Kingspark35

@BIF said...

In other news, DK has just posted 2 contests for the PGA’s return in June at the Charles Schwab.

Why did they pick the Charles Schwab for the milly maker ?

• byo34

@Kingspark35 said...

Why did they pick the Charles Schwab for the milly maker ?

Just because it’s the first event back I guess.

Just won a Milly maker ticket to it for $2 on Nascar. Jordan Spieth is a lot more appealing with a ticket only costing $2…

• ifthethunder

Here’s a contest. Decided to see if we could get 25 people, just for the halibut.

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/87310374
    ~

• ifthethunder

Boyle Sports has odds up for round one leader:

https://www.boylesports.com/betting/tpc-champions-classic/?moremarket=16102601.1,5012076.1
    ~

• Kingspark35

On DK, it seems that some golfers who were marked as out are now in the field.

• titanhawks

@Kingspark35 said...

I saw that also like the early contests that disappeared and we got refunded then they magically re-appeared

Strange days @ DK

I’m still staying away from Olson though lol

• ifthethunder

@ifthethunder said...

Here’s a contest. Decided to see if we could get 25 people, just for the halibut.

I thought there might be more interest with a return to the Outlaw Tour scoring and DK updating, which has been more prompt than what we got from the Scottsdale Open. But we still need 11 more to fill, and most of the usual suspects are already on board.

Anyways, here’s another bump:

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/87310374

P.S. Here’s another thing they have: a section of the website where you can check things like par 3 performance (relevant because the course has a lot of par 3s):

https://outlawtour.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/outlawtour19/stat/seasonstats/par3perf.htm
    ~

• monarch

Looks super windy tomorrow. May go back to stacking some early tee times!

• titanhawks

Lapa has WD’d due to bad rib

Liringis is now in as seen on the Outlaw Tour twitter

• BIF

@Kingspark35 said...

DK will have someone marked as Out if they WD from the previous event and then it’ll get updated a day or two before the event goes live – happened all the time on PGA Tour

• futoo

I’ve seen conflicting weather reports I guess I’ll have to check in the morning

• Kpwgamecock

https://www.abc15.com/weather/forecast/todays-forecast/phoenix-arizona-spring-weather-forecast-2020

• ifthethunder

@Kpwgamecock said...

https://www.abc15.com/weather/forecast/todays-forecast/phoenix-arizona-spring-weather-forecast-2020

Certainly seems like a bump to the early tee times, but there are only a few that I wanted in my lineups. Hmmm.
    ~

• skankinmat

it’s really windy out there right now. and it’s only going to get windier. the later tee times are going to have issues.

• skankinmat

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/625718436

• ifthethunder

@skankinmat said...

it’s really windy out there right now. and it’s only going to get windier. the later tee times are going to have issues.

Making an afternoon lineup is straight garbo after you pick a couple of expensive guys, on top of that.
    ~

• skankinmat

@ifthethunder said...

Making an afternoon lineup is straight garbo after you pick a couple of expensive guys, on top of that.
    ~

Im not making any afternoon lineups because of the weather but i could see a strategy of fading the top guys and going balanced since most people will pick a couple expensive guys then drop in fillers and pray they all dont implode

• strassnerte

Anyone have a score for Hambright and Kuest? The leaderboard on the site is not updating that group for some reason.

• jeffgo33

You know it’s going to be an interesting day when the only guy on the course with two birdies is +2

• ifthethunder

@skankinmat said...

Im not making any afternoon lineups because of the weather but i could see a strategy of fading the top guys and going balanced since most people will pick a couple expensive guys then drop in fillers and pray they all dont implode

Thing is, there is no balanced tier, except what DK created with pricing.

For instance, Nick Arman is 9,200. In the all day slate, he’s 7,400 and is listed at 80:1 to lead round one by Boyle. So does it make sense to fade Jeremy Paul (10,200) for him just on ownership? And it gets rapidly worse…it’s so funny I’m trying for some tickets anyways. Everyone faces the same issue.
    ~

• skankinmat

@ifthethunder said...

Thing is, there is no balanced tier, except what DK created with pricing.

For instance, Nick Arman is 9,200. In the all day slate, he’s 7,400 and is listed at 80:1 to lead round one by Boyle. So does it make sense to fade Jeremy Paul (10,200) for him just on ownership? And it gets rapidly worse…it’s so funny I’m trying for some tickets anyways. Everyone faces the same issue.
    ~

So in summary, It’s a total crap shoot ha.

• skankinmat

Need Yamauchi to fall so I can split 1st place 140 ways.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).