PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

Next up on the Outlaw Tour is a 3-day event running Tuesday-Thursday at the lesser known TPC Scottsdale – Champions Course.

The big boys on the PGA Tour play on the Stadium Course; this event on the same property but at the easier and slightly shorter Champions Course.

Par 71 – stretched out to 7115 yards from the Tips

Unlike most Par 71’s, this course has 4 par 5’s and 5 par 3’s with just 9 par 4’s. Lots of Birdie opportunities but avoid bogies on the Par 3’s will be huge to go low and keep the scorecard clean.

• joephoto

I see nothing for Jeremy Paul.
    He’s in my lineup.
    He’s playing today right ?

Ok. Now I see him. Started later.

• Kingspark35

@skankinmat said...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/625718436

This was a whole new experience for me, but a fun one.

The energy drink – the wind – the planes

Mr this and Mr that

Brilliant – much appreciated – even the swearing lol

• skankinmat

@Kingspark35 said...

This was a whole new experience for me, but a fun one.

The energy drink – the wind – the planes

Mr this and Mr that

Brilliant – much appreciated – even the swearing lol

This was actually pretty cool and honestly way more fun than following standard PGA tournament coverage. This type of coverage is totally doable for the PGA, especially with more pro style AV equipment. You could stick Go Pros on color commentator type people and have them follow certain groups.

• ifthethunder

Thought I had Sam Triplett in more than one lineup, but I guess I edited him out.. The only one I have him in also has Nicolo Galletti, who has decided today was not his day.
    ~

• monarch

The weather looks great tomorrow…no clear advantage like today. With that said I’ll probably lean AM guys again. The strategy has worked for me the past several events, again today and hopefully tomorrow.

• BIF

I’m watching the 2000 PGA Championship on Golf Channel and man did Bob May play well – for a guy with zero PGA Tour wins and zero top 10’s in majors, he shot a final round 66 to Tiger’s 67 while playing with him in the Final group on Sunday.

While he lost in a playoff, the turning point for me was #15 – May was already 1 shot up on Tiger when May stuffed it to 6ft on the par 4 and Tiger badly pulled his approach and got good hop out of the rough into a collection area that he could putt from – Tiger got up and down while May missed the short bird. If May is 2 shots up with 3 to play (and one of them the par 5 18th that most players birdied including May that Sunday) he is a Major champion and steals one of Tiger’s most storied wins.

• ifthethunder

I wonder if Nicolo Galletti or Jeremy Paul will bounce back big today. Weird of them to have such bad rounds. Of course they had tough weather with the afternoon tee times, but so did Sam Triplett.
    ~

• Kingspark35

In these difficult times, it must be hard for a golfer to be called Kent Hagen.

• ifthethunder

“At least I’m not Yack Now!” – Kent Hagen
    ~

• skankinmat

I was tempted to stack early tee times again but seeing as the wind seems calm all day I veered away from that strategy.

• monarch

Someone is +14 through seven holes. I might be able to take that dude lol

• Southie777

@monarch said...

Hahaha, just saw that, I’d be thrilled double-bogeying every hole on a legit golf course, but it’s rough to try to make money golfing when you’re doing that!

• Jdizzy007

RG Overall Ranking

@Southie777 said...

Hahaha, just saw that, I’d be thrilled double-bogeying every hole on a legit golf course, but it’s rough to try to make money golfing when you’re doing that!

Make that +19 thru 10 holes. Dude should be charged extra for wasting everyone’s time on the course

• Yeoman

Meantime Barry Enright is at -8 and leads the tournament…

…and they’re in the same threesome.

It’s hard to blame it on course conditions when your playing partner is beating you by 46 strokes.

—-

Looking at the leaderboard at bluegolf I see two players inside the current cut line who had morning tee times but show no scores. Evan Knight, Perry Cohen. I assume these were DNPs? Anybody know what happened?

• BIF

@monarch said...

The dude is a 12 handicap amateur from what I could find on him

• monarch

@BIF said...

The dude is a 12 handicap amateur from what I could find on him

I played for the first time in nine months the other day. Shot a 53-36. So I’d be over 100 on this course most likely

• skankinmat

Watching the twitch stream, the guy just said wind is probably going to be like it was yesterday with 20mph gusts but windfinder says wind is steady all day 5-8mph. Who knows…

• lexmarke238

@Jdizzy007 said...

Make that +19 thru 10 holes. Dude should be charged extra for wasting everyone’s time on the course

I give credit to him, although I wish he could at least play bogey golf.

I was hoping one of the semi-pros on this forum would give it a go at one of these tournaments. It’s only like $800 to get in.

• ifthethunder

Picked the wrong Paul, yet again. Also, Weworkski: where was you yesterday, dammit???
    ~

• bfwl3434

Anyone know how often DK updates for a tournament like this? Sitting in 6th in the $10. Most of my guys are done when I look on the leaderboard but DK hasn’t updated their scores yet.

• BIF

@bfwl3434 said...

Anyone know how often DK updates for a tournament like this? Sitting in 6th in the $10. Most of my guys are done when I look on the leaderboard but DK hasn’t updated their scores yet.

They seem to do it at their leisure and do a bunch at a time and then not again for 90+ minutes.

How’d you finish ?

Edit – I see you finished 13th for a $100; seems like that should be worth more !!

• norruf11

209.3 didn’t put it in the longshot $10 tournie, what would that have netted me?

• BIF

@norruf11 said...

209.3 didn’t put it in the longshot $10 tournie, what would that have netted me?

209 ?? Probably closer to last place than the cash line as Winner had 324.1 and the last cashing spot was at 253.25 points.

• Felixxberg

Haven’t played yet for this tournament, but my favorite player Kaleb Gorbahn looks like a lock at that price! He’s an eagle machine and doesn’t have one yet here.

• Felixxberg

I also really like the fact that everyone is very close to each other, so almost everyone still has a shot. Should be exciting!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.