MAIN FORUM

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x3

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

FantasyDraft is a site launching out of Beta this week with its first slate of paid games.

As evidenced by the aggressive $400,000 in Guarantees, there’s a lot of money behind this site. They’re based out of Charlotte and backed by a founder of ACN.

We’ve seen a lot of gripes from players bombarded by other players pushing FantasyDraft’s referral system and we’ve yet to do any promotions with them, but we’d be remiss to not get the word out to Grinders about this overlay.

Here’s the status of their tourneys at the time of this posting:

$250,000 Guaranteed $25 Buyin Tourney: 1,816 out of 11,000 (over $200,000 short currently)

$100,000 Guaranteed, $10 Buyin Tourney: 1,660 out of 11,000

$50,000 Guaranteed, $5 Buyin Tourney: 1,803 out of 11,000

Click here to sign up to FantasyDraft through our link to be sure to be locked into future Grinders-Only promos. Your first deposit will be matched up to $600.

These tournaments are almost guaranteed to fall incredibly short of filling, offering massive value to anyone who takes the time to set up an account and put in the entries. Their CEO tells me they plan to keep the petal to the metal on Guarantees through the rest of the NFL season.

Admin Update – Official Fantasy Draft Statement of Resolution

The team at FantasyDraft is dedicated to our mission of providing the best DFS experience possible and are committed to taking every step necessary to achieving this goals.
    Today we came up short and for that we apologize. As a measure of goodwill to our users we are going to refund the entry fees for players who do not finish in the PayoutZone for our three large guarantee contests as listed below.
    NFL $250K Sunday Sizzler (Sun-Mon)
    NFL $100K Sunday Warmup (Sun-Mon)
    NFL $50K Sunday Tailgate (Sun-Mon)
    Please allow a few days after the conclusion of the Monday night game to finalize scoring and process refunds.
    The FantasyDraft team

• stevster77

Potentially interested in signing up but your link isn’t working… do you/or will you in the future have incentives linked for this site?

• uscgrad1968

Also not able to sign in through link. Will delay signup for a while to give RG time to correct the link for possible incentives.

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x4

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Fixed it – the first link was working but not the second.

It’s too early to guarantee that we will have an Incentives package (or include this site in our Rankings) but we’re likely to have either that or other Grinders-Only promos if FantasyDraft takes off.

• NCRick

site looks pretty decent. I’ll try them out. No reason not to with that potential overlay. They have a video with Drew Brees as the spokesman too so Id say any shadiness of not knowing about them is out the window now. Thanks! And yes I live in NC, but I dont work there haha.

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x4

@NCRick said...

site looks pretty decent. I’ll try them out. No reason not to with that potential overlay.

It’s pretty epic overlay if this pace holds. There are a lot of new sites that are launching or have recently launched so I wasn’t closely following FantasyDraft’s release from Beta. These Guarantees are definitely attention-grabbing, though.

• wikingfan

Signed up!

• madnpaxx2

Signed up! From mobile site blows (functionality) but i guess I’ll get on the desktop if I have too

• FaulkIt

We seem to have experienced a problem handling your request. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please return to the page with a full refresh and try again.
    If the situation continues, please contact FantasyDraft Support or click below to return to all available contests:

Message I keep getting after I signed up. I emailed support but maybe I’ll get a faster response here

• mrathburn

I can give you my personal experience with FDR. Their offices are 30 minutes from my house and I met with their CEO Grant Yoder and several other people on the team. They have significant financial backing via ACN and will be in DFS for the long haul. I would feel confident playing on the site this weekend and taking advantage of significant overlay over the next several weeks. It is a good platform and I’m hoping they offer up some of their FDR swag soon. The fleeces, hats, and backpacks are pretty sweet.

• NCRick

@FaulkIt said...

We seem to have experienced a problem handling your request. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please return to the page with a full refresh and try again.
    If the situation continues, please contact FantasyDraft Support or click below to return to all available contests:

Message I keep getting after I signed up. I emailed support but maybe I’ll get a faster response here

You need to login. And yes, they should change the webpage text to say that instead of what it does now.

• bostonboca

So many sites! I will do it if the overlay is there at noon, I’ve seen overlay fill fast so what you think is a great deal at 10pm is not so much at noon tomorrow.

Good looking site thou!

• Jcarabello

I also signed up. Had a few not responding type errors where it would close me out and restart, losing my built lineups. I like the site. Any chance of a mobile version in the near future?

For what it’s worth I signed up on the iphone using the web browser

• aboynamedsuh

Signed up for a quick look. Pricing is insanely…..soft. No 50/50s to really speak of. That being said, UI looks pretty good. Doesn’t appear to have a mass lineup change. Entered 4 contests. They have a page that shows your different lineups, similar to DK. I have the same lineup in 4 contests, yet it shows the same lineup 4 times with 1 match each. It’s early, I’m sure it will change. We’ll see.

• Richebee

Why is first prize in the 250k only 20 grand…. A brother can’t do nothin with 20 grand

• Ravenfan

They take 1/3 of all the entry fees for each contest and reserve that for bonuses for the big promoters. Looks like MLM scheme here, which could raise some issues, right?

• Richebee

@Ravenfan said...

They take 1/3 of all the entry fees for each contest and reserve that for bonuses for the big promoters. Looks like MLM scheme here, which could raise some issues, right?

damn ponzi schemes

• DocterDrew

I’ll be your brother for $20,000 and I’ll find something to do with it

• Myprimetime

100% MLM. Quick google search shows that people behind this are all multi level marketers.

That’s all they promote. I didn’t sell knives and recruit friends to sell knives, and I’m not going to do that in DFS either.

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x4

@Myprimetime said...

100% MLM. Quick google search shows that people behind this are all multi level marketers.

That’s all they promote. I didn’t sell knives and recruit friends to sell knives, and I’m not going to do that in DFS either.

Yes, the referral system I mentioned in my original post is multilevel. We’ve actually deleted a ton of spam posts on RG from guys trying to be early adopters in their system, which has been annoying.

I don’t think many on RG will be interested in the referral system, but the appeal of the overlay is strong. It’s at 2500/11,000 now.

• Ravenfan

Cal, keep in mind that with it being 30% of the entry fees being given to those promoters that overlay is not nearly as impressive as some may believe.

Their contests should be looked at having a 30% required overlay or the field is playing for a negative ROI as a whole (except those big promoters). So with an 11,000 entry field, if more than 7,700 entries are received the field is losing money and funding the promoters instead. If all of the players are not “referred” which clearly they won’t be. That site is profiting by saying out not paying out the 30% they are putting aside for the referral bonus.

It’s a real shady thing, and I would encourage you all to take a stand and remove your referral link from the first post in this thread to show them you do not support their MLM schematic trying to fool the players that are not MLM’ers.

• Ravenfan

Mrathburn, Can I ask how many referrals you have there? It’s only fair to be honest about that if you are supporting a site built on MLM.

Honestly DFS is looked on suspiciously by some to begin with. The last thing those of us that want to industry to survive should want to see if something that potentially brings more negative light to the industry which MLM does.

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x4

@Ravenfan said...

Cal, keep in mind that with it being 30% of the entry fees being given to those promoters that overlay is not nearly as impressive as some may believe.

Their contests should be looked at having a 30% required overlay or the field is playing for a negative ROI as a whole (except those big promoters). So with an 11,000 entry field, if more than 7,700 entries are received the field is losing money and funding the promoters instead. If all of the players are not “referred” which clearly they won’t be. That site is profiting by saying out not paying out the 30% they are putting aside for the referral bonus.

It’s a real shady thing, and I would encourage you all to take a stand and remove your referral link from the first post in this thread to show them you do not support their MLM schematic trying to fool the players that are not MLM’ers.

I can’t tell what you’re confused about, but you’re confused about something.

This tourney is going to pay out $250,000 in cash regardless of if it fills or who referred who. If there’s only $125,000-$175,000 in entry fees paid in every player is getting a greatly positive expected value (+EV) opportunity – the site will have to pay $75,000 to $125,000 out of pocket to the players.

You don’t have to refer a single person to take advantage of the +EV situation.

• Linsanity88

@Ravenfan said...

Can you explain this further? Do you mean that of the $250k guaranteed for their Sunday Sizzler, only $175k of that is actually paid out to the players? I did a quick sum of all the payouts and it added up to $250k. If they fill at 11,000 players, then they take $25k as rake, but that’s relatively low compared to sites like DraftKings and FanDuel.

• Ravenfan

Cal, their TOS clearly states they pull 30% of the entry fees for referral bonuses. This means an 11,000 entry tournament there is NOWHERE near equivalent to an 11,000 entry tournament at any other site for the same entry amount, as it pays 70% of what that tournament pays.

This means that If you are comparing apples to apples, you should take the entry limit of the tournament and reduce it by 30% to compare it equivalently to other tournaments across the industry.In other words their prize fund for an 11,000 entry tournament is equivalent to a 7,700 entry tournament at any other site for the same entry fee.

• terrymandangle

Thanks Cal, this will definitely be something to monitor Sunday morning.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).