MAIN FORUM

Comments

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x3

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

FantasyDraft is a site launching out of Beta this week with its first slate of paid games.

As evidenced by the aggressive $400,000 in Guarantees, there’s a lot of money behind this site. They’re based out of Charlotte and backed by a founder of ACN.

We’ve seen a lot of gripes from players bombarded by other players pushing FantasyDraft’s referral system and we’ve yet to do any promotions with them, but we’d be remiss to not get the word out to Grinders about this overlay.

Here’s the status of their tourneys at the time of this posting:

$250,000 Guaranteed $25 Buyin Tourney: 1,816 out of 11,000 (over $200,000 short currently)

$100,000 Guaranteed, $10 Buyin Tourney: 1,660 out of 11,000

$50,000 Guaranteed, $5 Buyin Tourney: 1,803 out of 11,000

Click here to sign up to FantasyDraft through our link to be sure to be locked into future Grinders-Only promos. Your first deposit will be matched up to $600.

These tournaments are almost guaranteed to fall incredibly short of filling, offering massive value to anyone who takes the time to set up an account and put in the entries. Their CEO tells me they plan to keep the petal to the metal on Guarantees through the rest of the NFL season.

Admin Update – Official Fantasy Draft Statement of Resolution

The team at FantasyDraft is dedicated to our mission of providing the best DFS experience possible and are committed to taking every step necessary to achieving this goals.
    Today we came up short and for that we apologize. As a measure of goodwill to our users we are going to refund the entry fees for players who do not finish in the PayoutZone for our three large guarantee contests as listed below.
    NFL $250K Sunday Sizzler (Sun-Mon)
    NFL $100K Sunday Warmup (Sun-Mon)
    NFL $50K Sunday Tailgate (Sun-Mon)
    Please allow a few days after the conclusion of the Monday night game to finalize scoring and process refunds.
    The FantasyDraft team

• Faucher

• Blogger of the Month

I already entered my lineups but was trying to edit just now and it would not let me, emailed support. Let’s hope this is all fixed and resolved in the AM. Not off to a good first impression though with this.

• LgndNMyMind

2012 DSFC Finalist

@nbush1974 said...

PONZI MLM, completely agree with you RavenFan. Sort of pissed myself about it.

If you don’t care for their site don’t play on it, it’s a very simple concept. Why is that people come and comment so vigorously and try to tear people and sites down? Why are you upset nbush1974, nobody’s making you play.

I could care less about whatever their referral system is I won’t be using it or whether it is MLM or not. I care about if they put out a good product. I care if I can make a profit on their site, everything else is meaningless.

There would have been a lot of overlay if this post wasn’t made on RG. I had been monitoring the tourneys. Before this post it was only around 850 entries, so it was looking like a pretty massive overlay.

• wavegoodbye

while i like the money they are throwing into the economy how much respect/trust do you give a site who can’t handle contests they have had months to prep for?

for that matter who drops 400k on a grand opening and is this unprepared?

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x3

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

It’s been down for about an hour now. What a shame. The $250K is stuck at 3102 entrants.

• fishcakeking

FCK

I’ve been having trouble trying to enter my address and birthday. Tried 4x so I could deposit. Each time I choose the month it auto closes the form.

FCK

• cBraund

I’ve been trying to enter my LU for over an hour and i keep getting the following:

“We seem to have experienced a problem handling your request. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please return to the page with a full refresh and try again.
    If the situation continues, please contact FantasyDraft Support or click below to return to all available contests:”

I’m assuming other people are having the same problem.

• yoteach

• Blogger of the Month

Yep, same deal. Trying again in AM.

• scottmsteiner

Just signed up…can’t enter anything…

• grantgurtin

CBS Rep

this outage is probably going to result in more overlay. It is ironic that I was working on lineups there tonight in anticipation of a possible outage (is we all know, it happens in high traffic situations) and it happened early

• snow_ninja

Signed up and deposited but now it says my account is locked? Is the site still down for everyone else?

• mrathburn

@Ravenfan said...

Mrathburn, Can I ask how many referrals you have there? It’s only fair to be honest about that if you are supporting a site built on MLM.

Honestly DFS is looked on suspiciously by some to begin with. The last thing those of us that want to industry to survive should want to see if something that potentially brings more negative light to the industry which MLM does.

I have 3 referrals as of 8 am EST this morning. I made 1 single post on my FB page to promote it so far. I’m not out there recruiting for this, only to give my experience so far with them. I’m in agreement that “MLM” does have a stigmatism towards it, and they are trying to move away from using that terminology in their marketing.

• pabano

sold i’m in

• Jwcommish

Yeah…that was 2 hours of joy just to enter 2 lineups

• detroittigers44

With this much overlay, I am ok struggling with getting a few lineups in…

• Ravenfan

Here is why I am concerned guys. I have been around the net for quite awhile and long ago, many of you guys may have remembered sites that were MLM for mailing lists and sharing websites on “traffic exchanges”. I’ll admit, as a college student I thought it was a great opportunity to maybe make $100-200 a month and then play it on poker sites lol, so yes I had my vices.

Did I ever make that money? Maybe hit it one or two months in several years. But then word came out that Paypal was shutting down accounts that accept money from MLM websites. Knew a couple buddies that lost their accounts due to it, and that was the end of MLM sites online for me.

From the poor development of the site, to the iffy marketing strategy and the way Paypal treats MLM and even people that receive money from them (even if they aren’t promoting the site) I felt it was only fair to point out the red flags and risks to people on here in case this site causes some major issues down the road for the casual player in the industry.

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@Ravenfan said...

From the poor development of the site, to the iffy marketing strategy and the way Paypal treats MLM and even people that receive money from them (even if they aren’t promoting the site) I felt it was only fair to point out the red flags and risks to people on here in case this site causes some major issues down the road for the casual player in the industry.

I think you’ve summarized your concerns very well in this paragraph.

I won’t have any part of a DFS site with MLM as its base. I think it’s taking DFS down a direction that we do not need to head. I applaud sites that try something new, but this is not the best move in my opinion. It’s very shaky.

Good luck to everyone that has decided to throw entries over there today. I don’t care if there are 400 entries, 4,000 entries, or 10,000 entries in this tournament. I’m not signing up. The spam messages to me on Twitter, e-mail, PM’s here, etc.. basically begging for a referral only make my conviction to that decision even stronger.

• Myprimetime

@stlcardinals84 said...

I think you’ve summarized your concerns very well in this paragraph.

I won’t have any part of a DFS site with MLM as its base. I think it’s taking DFS down a direction that we do not need to head. I applaud sites that try something new, but this is not the best move in my opinion. It’s very shaky.

Good luck to everyone that has decided to throw entries over there today. I don’t care if there are 400 entries, 4,000 entries, or 10,000 entries in this tournament. I’m not signing up. The spam messages to me on Twitter, e-mail, PM’s here, etc.. basically begging for a referral only make my conviction to that decision even stronger.

Well said.

• johnnyj580

Can’t get the GPPs to come up … aka the ones they were about to take a bath on.

Nope, nothing fishy about that.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

Haha overlay or not no way am i playing on a site that rakes 30%…..and nobody else should either.

• emac

@thedude404 said...

Haha overlay or not no way am i playing on a site that rakes 30%…..and nobody else should either.

Help me understand the math that gets to 30% rake…

11,000 entries x $25 entry fee = $275,000 less prize pool of $250,000 = $25,000 in site fees.

• SACoconuts

They are over 4000 entries now. I’ve got 5 lineups in the $5 pool (better overlay) that are red, apparently invalid, I cannot edit, if I edit them it enters me again, contacted their support last night & this morning.

This site is the worst.

What’s going to happen when we all try to pull our money out Tuesday morning?

• wazzu24

RG LoL Writer

threads like this both promote bad sites and kill overlay, doesn’t get much worse than that

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@emac said...

Help me understand the math that gets to 30% rake…

11,000 entries x $25 entry fee = $275,000 less prize pool of $250,000 = $25,000 in site fees.

Just going off what someone said on page 1 of this thread that they pull 33% as its a multi level marketing scheme per post on page 1.

• wavegoodbye

the rake is less than 10% i think… 30% of the rake goes to referrals (allegedly)

and yeah good luck creating a lineup today lol so slow
  • Myprimetime

It’s 10% rake.

But don’t think you’ll have to worry about payouts occurring Tuesday – in beta it took a few days for the contests to payout.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.