When: June 10-13

Where: Ridgeland, SC

Course: Congaree Golf Club, par 71, 7,655 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Inaugural Event

Last Year’s Cut:

Coverage: PGATourLive | Golf Channel | CBS

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal 2020 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Steverino01

Thinking of playing lots of DJ, but zero Brooksy, so you should probably do the opposite.

• whodat2

Waiting for tomorrow when prices come out to see who KBarnhill claims as egregious underpriced by DK.

• Steverino01

@whodat2 said...

Waiting for tomorrow when prices come out to see who KBarnhill claims as egregious underpriced by DK.

• BIF

@whodat2 said...

I’m not saying Stanley wasn’t undervalued and had some value but it was one of those crazy weeks where there was a ton of value in the low salaries going in and then some great performances from the 6000-6900 (especially the $6000-$6400) salary range.

Stars and Scrubs was the way to go by playing 3 of the top salaries (Cantlay, Morikawa, Scheffler or even Rahm or Reed) along with any 3 guys below would have brought home a Top 1% or better finish.

These 18 guys in that range outscored Stanley’s 57.5 in DK points and 3 others (Dahmen, Kang, Steele) from that range tied him with 57.5

$6400 Walker had 94 DK points
    $6800 Grace 89
    $6000 Zhang 74.5
    $6800 Noren 69.5
    $6400 Herbert 68.5
    $6500 Rozner 68.5
    $6600 Willet 68.5
    $6100 V Taylor 66
    $6100 Shelton 66
    $6200 Cabrera-Bello 66
    $6200 Hagy 66
    $6300 Hoag 66
    $6000 Herman 65.5
    $6500 Long 65.5
    $6400 N Taylor 64.5
    $6900 Merritt 62
    $6200 Dufner 60.5
    $6100 Theegala 60

• mh8235

Are we ready for a Joe Bra chalk week? It all depends on pricing, but I for one am not ready for Joe Bra chalk week…

As a founding member of Team No Bra, and overall supporter of the tits out movement, I simply cannot flip to the dark side lol

I’d be firmly in the minority here though, as I believe BIF & KBarnhill have both previously been Big Bra Backers

• mitchsnyderdfw

This is one of the if not the best Monday of the year for golf fans. US Open Qualifying ongoing this morning.

It’s really too bad there is not live coverage of the Columbus qualifier.

https://www.usopen.com/qualifying/final/columbus-ohio-brookside-the-lakes.html#!&tab=results

• Wander_Bread

Thanks for the reminder Mitch. Now I know how I will procrastinate today.

• RudyPujols

@mh8235 said...

Joe Bra chalk week

Joe Bramlett? As in the guy who was last seen shooting a 77 (missing all the putts on his least bad surface) and is quite possibly the worst bermuda putter on Tour? Chalk? I doubt it, but I will be happy to fade that chalk. He is a damn good ball striker for a scrub, though.

• mh8235

@RudyPujols said...

Joe Bramlett? As in the guy who was last seen shooting a 77 (missing all the putts on his least bad surface) and is quite possibly the worst bermuda putter on Tour? Chalk? I doubt it, but I will be happy to fade that chalk. He is a damn good ball striker for a scrub, though.

Lol maybe not chalk, but I think 5-7% in a weak field seems about right…hit or miss guy for sure but a T7 this month is nice, also the first name that caught my eye scrolling the field list – remember he’d been touted here a bit for the last month…might toss him in a couple – salary permitting

• mh8235

Koepka offered to cover whatever cost Pak needed for a private flight, the next day he picked up the entire trip.

“That’s not the first time,” Jones said. “You’re not going to see Brooks standing out there with a big check. Anything our golf team needs he will do it, but he’s just going to keep it to himself.” – FSU HC Trey Jones

That a little shot at JT for his check to Big Mike?

• JimKronlund

Will Gray
    WillGrayGC · 42m Jason Day officially missing from Columbus sectional field and won't qualify for usopengolf
    . It ends a run of 34 straight majors played for the former world No. 1 and next week will be the first major he’s not exempt for since 2010 U.S. Open.

• BIF

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

This is one of the if not the best Monday of the year for golf fans. US Open Qualifying ongoing this morning.

It’s really too bad there is not live coverage of the Columbus qualifier.

https://www.usopen.com/qualifying/final/columbus-ohio-brookside-the-lakes.html#!&tab=results

Longest day in golf going to get longer

Rain delay in Springfield and it’s headed to Columbus now.

Here is live scoring for all of the sites playing today:

https://www.usopen.com/qualifying/final.html

• BIF

From MondayQinfo on Twitter about the US Open qualifying today

How good is the Columbus Final qualifying site?

There is over $550,000,000 in Tour earnings and over $15,000,000 in KFT earnings teeing it up today.

• MrBreeze

Congaree is a recently completed course design by Tom Fazio that has received recognition including being named Golf Digest’s Best New Private Course for 2018, as well as being named the best golf course built during the decade of 2010–19.The club will debut at No. 39 in Golf Digest’s America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses when those rankings are released in May.

• RudyPujols

@mh8235 said...

Lol maybe not chalk, but I think 5-7% in a weak field seems about right…hit or miss guy for sure but a T7 this month is nice, also the first name that caught my eye scrolling the field list – remember he’d been touted here a bit for the last month…might toss him in a couple – salary permitting

Yea, I was on that train, too, at least for Bent greens. He strikes it well. But I don’t think I can stomach him on Bermuda even if he isn’t 5+%. Maybe he will just hit them so close that he doesn’t have to putt and I’ll be wishing I didn’t jump off.

• mitchsnyderdfw

Brendan Grace finished 4th yesterday at Memorial in Columbus, then jumps on a plane to play the US Open Qualifier this morning in Jupiter, FL.

Currently T1 thru 6. Six spots up for grabs.

• whodat2

Random Question: Anyone have experience taking Adderall to gain focus while playing golf?

• ifthethunder

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Brendan Grace finished 4th yesterday at Memorial in Columbus, then jumps on a plane to play the US Open Qualifier this morning in Jupiter, FL.

Currently T1 thru 6. Six spots up for grabs.

Still p.o.ed at the fvcker for wrecking my lineups 2 weeks ago. Then doing the same (in reverse) this past weekend.
    ~

• RudyPujols

@whodat2 said...

Random Question: Anyone have experience taking Adderall to gain focus while playing golf?

Golf, no. Collegiate baseball and academics via prescription, yes. It worked. But you might experience some heart palpitations and difficulty sleeping or “turning it off” depending upon dosage and your personal brain/body chemistry, of course. I ultimately chose to stop taking it and have made it through a rigorous graduate program, competitive profession, marriage, parenthood, etc. in the ensuing 15+ years without it. If I weren’t concerned with the fact that it is a narcotic/stimulant and I do have a family history of heart disease and did experience palpitations from it, I might have maintained my low dose ‘script and still taken a low dose, as the sharpened mental acuity and increased productivity was undeniable in my experience.

• kps3205s

Last 5 paragraphs give a little insight as Lucas Glover is a member:

https://www.savannahnow.com/story/sports/2021/05/05/pga-tour-event-palmetto-championship-congaree-golf-club-has-media-day-for-june-2021-south-carolina/4915959001/

• kps3205s

Some other interesting notes on PGA Splits 101 Twitter feed. Click on the box within the tweet on the link below.

https://twitter.com/PGASplits101/status/1401918849302335498

• mgravity

@whodat2 said...

Did it…not sure it helped or hurt just felt weird. I have a very short if non-existent attention span so it does help me with some other things

• MrSnuffleupagus

@whodat2 said...

I play for money to keep my attention lol

• MrSnuffleupagus

Could any compile a list of PGA pros playing in qualifiers right now that also plan on playing this week ?

• naj1073

@whodat2 said...

No, but thinking about it now, that sounds amazing!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).