MAIN FORUM

Comments

• pdidawg82

SC World Cup Bracket Champion

• Blogger of the Month

Petition to make EPL/soccer games high on DK’s new list of priorities.

Signed, pdidawg82. (Just want to hopefully show DK that a lot of people really enjoyed DS’s foray into soccer DFS and that it would a popular option.)

• pdidawg82

• Blogger of the Month

If it’s excitement you crave, join the never-ending relegation sweat and become a Sunderland supporter like I am. ha.

• alsmizzle

• 2013 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

• $1M Prize Winner

I love that even within our little DFS RG community we have such a diverse group of supporters.

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

if anyone is interested in routinely finishing 5th-9th in the table and love the idea of Tim Howard being your last line of defense, Everton is the way to go

• oldschoolways

@DSMatt said…

if anyone is interested in routinely finishing 5th-9th in the table and love the idea of Tim Howard being your last line of defense, Everton is the way to go

Yeah, what he said! Plus Roberto Martinez is a delightful manager.

• alsmizzle

• $1M Prize Winner

@DSMatt said…

That’s a good point. Anyone who loves Timmy but wants an entry level EPL team, you can go with Everton…added bonus, you hate Liverpool.

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@alsmizzle said…

That’s a good point. Anyone who loves Timmy but wants an entry level EPL team, you can go with Everton…added bonus, you hate Liverpool.

any chance to hate liverpool is a good first step for anybody who wants to follow EPL

• medavis6

For anyone else who is looking for USA players to assist in their selection of an EPL team to follow, here’s a list:

Jozy Altidore – Sunderland
    Geoff Cameron – Stoke City
    Brek Shea – Stoke City
    Brad Friedel – Tottenham Hotspur
    Brad Guzan – Aston Villa
    Tim Howard – Everton

• pdidawg82

• Blogger of the Month

I was going to add Juan Agudelo, but forgot that he couldn’t get a work visa or some crap. Odd.

• waffles2003

@pdidawg82 said…

I was going to add Juan Agudelo, but forgot that he couldn’t get a work visa or some crap. Odd.

You have to be a regular of your national team to receive a work visa to play in the EPL, unless you are a EURO.

• pdidawg82

• Blogger of the Month

@waffles2003 said…

You have to be a regular of your national team to receive a work visa to play in the EPL, unless you are a EURO.

18 appearances for USMNT versus Shea’s 26. Seems comparable.

• louiescards

DK KoTH winner

So looking into this a little more Manchester United is the Yankees it seems.

I am leaning Everton. Would like some more recent success but hey they have some solid history and one of the more identifiable Americans.

• everettcase

@louiescards said…

So looking into this a little more Manchester United is the Yankees it seems.

I am leaning Everton. Would like some more recent success but hey they have some solid history and one of the more identifiable Americans.

Correct. Do not choose Manchester United. That is rule number one.

Everton is a very solid choice for an American looking to pick a side. Recently (past few years) they and Fulham have had the best American representation, and currently it’s probably them and Stoke vying for that. Dempsey isn’t at Fulham anymore and nobody wants to watch Stoke and boom, you’ve process of elimination-ed your way to Everton.

• Frozen

I loved Draftstreet’s WC Competitions and would love the integration to DK with their last minute swap options.

• medavis6

@louiescards said…

If you want to be a hipster with your choice, take Aston Villa. Brad Guzan has been tagged by Tim Howard to be next in line as goalkeeper for the USA. He could be starting in net for the USA as soon as WC 2018.

• tfbelongia

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

@alsmizzle said…

As many people found out during the World Cup, DFS soccer and late swap are a match made in heaven. I would love to see DFS EPL and Champions league on DK this year with some scoring additions/changes from the bare bones approach that was on DS for World Cup. Time to take off the training wheels.

Couldn’t agree more. With late swap and a few additions/changes from the DS scoring, soccer will be huge on DK. Make it happen!

• alsmizzle

• $1M Prize Winner

@everettcase said…

Correct. Do not choose Manchester United. That is rule number one.

Everton is a very solid choice for an American looking to pick a side. Recently (past few years) they and Fulham have had the best American representation, and currently it’s probably them and Stoke vying for that. Dempsey isn’t at Fulham anymore and nobody wants to watch Stoke and boom, you’ve process of elimination-ed your way to Everton.

• everettcase

That is fantastic.

• boc4life

Everton was a clear winner for me when I chose a team to support a year and a half ago.

An underdog side, but no real need to worry about relegation. Choosing a financial behemoth like Chelsea or either of the Manchester squads wasn’t at all appealing to me. And obviously as mentioned by many, Tim Howard.

• fcbjakub

IF you want to root for the team that plays the best futbol than you should consider watching FC BARCELONA. The best soccer in the EPL at the moment is being played at Anfield right now. Liverpool is kinda like the Cardinals but less league titles.

• baldi41

Signed. Bring it DKs

• everettcase

@fcbjakub said…

The best soccer in the EPL at the moment is being played at Anfield right now. Liverpool is kinda like the Cardinals but less league titles.

Arsenal + Sanchez > Liverpool – Suarez

If you want to root for a team that plays the best futbol, you should consider watching Barcelona’s matches between 2008 and 2013. You’ll already know who’s going to win, but the futbol is beautiful.

Bundesliga > La Liga (nothing against Barca, Real or Atleti though)

• fcbjakub

@boc4life said…

Choosing a financial behemoth like Chelsea or either of the Manchester squads wasn’t at all appealing to me.

but yet you have a c.ronaldo(real madrid) avatar …..

• kuttpack

would love to see soccer. DS soccer was great

• fcbjakub

@everettcase said…

Bundesliga > La Liga (nothing against Barca, Real or Atleti though)

Im not so sure about that …last 10 years 4(3 Barcelona) times a spanish side won the CL … and 6 times the Europa League … while a bundesliga rep only 1 time cl in that span and you have to go back to the 96-97 season that a german team won the europa league.

• everettcase

@fcbjakub said…

Im not so sure about that …last 10 years 4 times a spanish side won the CL … and 6 times the Europa League … while a bundesliga rep only 1 time cl in that span and you have to go back to the 96-97 season that a german team won the europa league.

I’m speaking more to the overall depth and level of competition. Obviously the top tier La Liga sides are at least on par with the top Bundesliga sides and it’s a fair argument that Barca and Real have been better than Bayern the past few years, but I believe the middle of the Bundesliga table to be a good deal more competitive than the middle of La Liga. The biggest knock on La Liga recently has been it’s top-heaviness.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).