PGA FORUM

Comments

• GhostaVeli8701

COURSE: Whistling Straits (Straits), 7,514 yards, par 72.

FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 600 points

Notable Past Winners: Rory Mcilroy (2014) Martin Kaymer (2010)

With another cool Million up for grabs this week on Draftkings the field has been increased, making this the largest Millionaire Maker event of the PGA season. Good luck to everyone looking to take it down!

Final Day Coverage of the DraftKings Millionaire Maker: https://rotogrinders.com/articles/draftkings-pga-millionaire-maker-updates-781868

• hokie2009

Play Watson AND Stenson!

Stenson definitely less popular, especially since Bubba did well here last time.

Interesting note … they actually have moved a lot of the tees back, mostly, from what I can gather, because Bubba was jumping some of the doglegs, notably the double-dogleg I believe it is on Hole #5, par 5, and Bubba was able to shortcut BOTH doglegs on his tee shot, I believe.

So. Something to consider when looking at course history. Bubba, DJ, and some of the longer drivers in 2010 probably scored more often on those holes than the field last year, but it will be a little bit more level this year.

Unless Bubba can hit it over again! They say that #5 would require a 340 yard carry in order to clear it after they moved the tees back for 2015. Which. Well. I guess if anybody would ever try that in competition, it would be Bubba!

• JSteele

Bubba hit a 424 yard drive last week that had about 340 yards carry.

• fantasybender

@sneaksox said...

I love having these European players in tournaments for DFS, it makes things much more interesting and there are some undervalued gems in there

Love the Euros as well. That LU looks like it would be very highly owned if thats what you are going for

• dncolonna

I’m not so sure this thing is going to fill. Does anyone have an idea how many players entered more than 100 lineups into the previous Millionaire Makers? It’s not being talked about much, but limiting the entries is going to have a huge impact on this tournament.

• TPSC

@dncolonna said...

I’m not so sure this thing is going to fill. Does anyone have an idea how many players entered more than 100 lineups into the previous Millionaire Makers? It’s not being talked about much, but limiting the entries is going to have a huge impact on this tournament.

Agreed.

• JSteele

Why are people off Rory so much. I think he will win.

• DK_Ninjaaaaa

@JSteele said...

shhhhh….

• sneaksox

@JSteele said...

I like Rory a lot this week…just can’t bring myself to have full exposure in case he slips in a bunker or something.

• elmore0631

@JSteele said...

It’s tough to take that much time off in competitive golf & come back being better than everyone..

• JSteele

Well I hope his ownership stays down

• DK_Ninjaaaaa

@JSteele said...

Well I hope his ownership stays down

i think this is the last time you get him priced that far below Spieth with the likelyhood that he is under 10% owned.

• tprokopenko

@dncolonna said...

It wasn’t too many people, and I believe the cap was 500 for the Open, so it’s only a few thousand entries at most that is the difference. I would assume this easily fills, but if it doesn’t, I’d assume the reason is that the PGA Championship is the red-headed stepchild of the 4 majors. Everyone loves the Masters, US Open, and The Open, but this one doesn’t really have the prestige.

• JSteele

Steve Stricker is using a new putter for the first time in 15 years, if that catches anyone’s interest.

• MrSnuffleupagus

Gona guess anything with over 10k in entries will need 5 of 6 in the top 10 and a top 15 to win with this pricing ?

• gibbathy

2014 FSWA Golf Writer of the Year

• Blogger of the Month

@JSteele said...

Steve Stricker is using a new putter for the first time in 15 years, if that catches anyone’s interest.

Nice tidbit

• Tsw1999

I put my DK lineup together that looked chalk as hell. Dropped down from Berger and now have $1K left over. Probably not the best idea.

• cccalloway

People worry too much about a lineup being chalk on here honestly.

• jdtrey22

@cccalloway said...

Yes I agree, believe it or not you can win a gpp with 5 guys over 15% and one guy just a tad below 10% it happens all the time, CHALK WORKS IN PGA, its not like mlb, people under estimate chalk in pga, no idea why.

• DK_Ninjaaaaa

@cccalloway said...

hey splitting a million bucks ten ways ain’t bad at all. i would be a little mad but not really.

• carolinacrusher

Bubba Watson (12.1%) was the low owned guy on the winning team of last week’s $100,000 contest. All the top players are playing and they are all affordable. Many who you think will be chalk will be in the 12-15% range just like last week or lower because there are more players this week.

• tfed1

Honestly, with no guy expected to clean 35% ownership, and so many of the studs looking at 10-20% ownership, there will be plenty of variance enough to not worry about chalk.

If your worried about being too chalky, make 3 of the same lineups and pivot on 2 and 3.

Also, I usually will leave around 3-400 on the table to further my chances of having an entirely unique lineup.

• cccalloway

Exactly. and as soft as pricing is, you are going to have a guy around 20+% on your team. Then a bunch in the 15% range. There are like 4 players (koepka, spieth, fowler, streb) at most worth fading but to me even at expected 30% levels it might not be the correct play.

• whitnall

Interesting that Speith just said that while Chambers Bay was a bombers course, Whistling Straits is going to be more precision golf to be successful this week. Have not heard that opinion often this week. Everyone is talking about the big hitters off the tee and driving distance. Sounds like Speith thinks otherwise

• ActionJunkie

I think a bunch are under-estimating how owned “name recognition” cheapies are going to be like Na/etc. I’m betting an easily 20% for some with others 30%+ depending on contest. Just go look at the last Milly Maker ownership #s… many of those ~20%+ cheapies were projected at ~10% ownership by quite a few.

With that said, I agree don’t worry about chalk too much but at the same time don’t be surprised if some of these cheapies/sub-8k players are ~25%+.

• JSteele

I’ve heard a number of players say it is geared more towards the accurate players. Someone needs to get me to stop changing my team.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).