PGA FORUM

Comments

• GhostaVeli8701

COURSE: Whistling Straits (Straits), 7,514 yards, par 72.

FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 600 points

Notable Past Winners: Rory Mcilroy (2014) Martin Kaymer (2010)

With another cool Million up for grabs this week on Draftkings the field has been increased, making this the largest Millionaire Maker event of the PGA season. Good luck to everyone looking to take it down!

Final Day Coverage of the DraftKings Millionaire Maker: https://rotogrinders.com/articles/draftkings-pga-millionaire-maker-updates-781868

• whitnall

Same here Steele, for some reason this major I have changed my 2 teams about 8-10 times each. And every time it looks better than the last, I know it’s going to come back and bite me

• elmore0631

@JSteele said...

I’ve heard a number of players say it is geared more towards the accurate players. Someone needs to get me to stop changing my team.

key is fairway, everyone has said that.. DJ just said the same… being in the rough will equal some funky lies.. the rough will be hard to come by no matter how far you hit it.. obv though a 120 yard shot from the rough will be easier than one from 160 yards..

everyone has stated that it’s playing softer.. so i tend to think that’ll be the case until at least the weekend

• elmore0631

I’m trying to figure out if i wanna put much stock into the tee times.. i have a few guys targeted for later times but Spieth did mention that when the wind is down theres plenty of holes to score on… in other words he was saying he was practicing differently as he believes the wind will be of a factor for the afternoon guys.

• JSteele

All of my guys are later than noon Thursday

• hokie2009

News flash guys, not to be a smartass … but hitting the ball far is an advantage in golf.

So is hitting the ball straight.

Get guys who can do both! Or MAKE SURE they excel in one area SO RIDICULOUSLY MUCH, that they can overcome their inevitable lack of skills in one area or another.

Also, if you compiled all of the research articles I’ve read, I think you could make a list of at least half the field who one person or another has anointed “chalk” and therefore unplayable. Which is ridiculous. Some guys are going to be high owned. It’s a pretty safe bet on a FEW of them, but all in all, people are going to be wrong about as often as they are right when trying to guess ownerships.

I’ll get off my ivory tower now! Just had to vent, because some people get toooo fixated on one thing or the other, and end up passing over some very strong golfers by trying to pigeonhole them, or exclude them because of a lack of 1 skill or because of ownership.

My 2 cents!

I say play PGA for a YEAR and prove to yourself that you can make sharp picks week-in week-out. And THEN start trying to duck and dodge guys based on ownerships.

Anything less than that and you’re probably not experienced enough to not hurt yourself more than you help yourself. I still have myself in this category, honestly, and I think I know a fair bit, as do many of the people on these forums … but changing your lineups due to ownerships is something that allllll of the sharps do, but putting $600 in a Drive the Green is a joke to them, most of them are taking high-variance pot-shots waiting for football and basketball to come back, and I don’t necessarily think everyone should model their lineups the exact same ways that some of the high-volume players do.

• DK_Ninjaaaaa

+1 @hokie
    i started PGA cuz i was bored and can’t get into baseball. im addicted but can’t wait for NFL and NBA to be back. this forum is comical. wait until tomorrow, i just drink my coffee and laugh at all the tilt.

• JSteele

PGA.com’s leaderboard only allows 5 players to be added to your own SMH don’t they know people play DFS! Think shot tracker will work for this one ?

• chy

You can still use pgatour.com for tracking.

• bjk121

It’s odd that I’m seeing such high ownership % predictions for Fowler. I’m not really on him myself and I haven’t heard much chatter about him. Mainly a lot of focus on Bubba at that same price.

• TommyWantWingy33

Anyone else get the fear? I usually don’t tinker with my line ups when they are set in fear of wrecking a good line up. Took me longer than normal to settle my milly line up this go round because I was just a couple hundred off on some of the guys I really wanted. Anyway thinking about making a bunch quarter arcade line ups with some of the guys I had to leave out of my milly lineup, then I think what if one of these line ups ends up significantly better than my milly one? hahaha ugh might just stick to the single bullet.

• ninerzfan8

Dk just sent me an app notification and a email about 10 seconds apart about the Milly maker, think they are worried that they are 50K entries short 13 hours out?

• stuvb12

@TommyWantWingy33 said...

Anyone else get the fear? I usually don’t tinker with my line ups when they are set in fear of wrecking a good line up. Took me longer than normal to settle my milly line up this go round because I was just a couple hundred off on some of the guys I really wanted. Anyway thinking about making a bunch quarter arcade line ups with some of the guys I had to leave out of my milly lineup, then I think what if one of these line ups ends up significantly better than my milly one? hahaha ugh might just stick to the single bullet.

Ya man, I need to just turn off the computer. Can’t do much more research than walking the course, reading all the RG articles, pgatour.com stats every which way, etc. No matter what you do gonna take insane luck to beat out 189k people, but there’s always a chance!

• kdsdawg

well, I was settled but I read that tidbit bit on Rose and it has me second guessing one of my two milly L/Us. What to do what to do, I could drop to Bubba instead.??? or Stenson as I already have Bubba in the other L/U. Or leave Rose alone..dam..

• tprokopenko

@ninerzfan8 said...

Dk just sent me an app notification and a email about 10 seconds apart about the Milly maker, think they are worried that they are 50K entries short 13 hours out?

It’s already over 140k entrants; this thing fills with ease

Also, calling a $5 million prize pool for The Masters.

• DK_Ninjaaaaa

@kdsdawg said...

well, I was settled but I read that tidbit bit on Rose and it has me second guessing one of my two milly L/Us. What to do what to do, I could drop to Bubba instead.??? or Stenson as I already have Bubba in the other L/U. Or leave Rose alone..dam..

rose is a more matured golfer now than his history at this course would show. i think he should have a good showing. i understand his comments can be a bit concerning. but think about it, what golfer really looks at this course and says to himself “wow im gonna make this place my bitch and be -22 by sunday afternoon!”
    trust your research. if your process is sound you should be fine. a little luck will be nice too. i have rose in 20% and i am happy with those rosters.

• kdsdawg

@DK_Ninjaaaaa said...

rose is a more matured golfer now than his history at this course would show. i think he should have a good showing. i understand his comments can be a bit concerning. but think about it, what golfer really looks at this course and says to himself “wow im gonna make this place my bitch and be -22 by sunday afternoon!”
    trust your research. if your process is sound you should be fine. a little luck will be nice too. i have rose in 20% and i am happy with those rosters.

thanks man, appreciate the reply,

• jdtrey22

@JSteele said...

PGA.com’s leaderboard only allows 5 players to be added to your own SMH don’t they know people play DFS! Think shot tracker will work for this one ?

LOL idk what u talking about I had like 15 last week and ill have the same this week, https://gyazo.com/80e687035184aaac07ba4c23bacb75d6

• LinkSinc

Really having a new-found appreciation for guys like Danny Lee, Furyk, and Poulter right now as I tinker. Solid short games and accurate drives could lead to a nice finish. And call me crazy but I actually like Toms at 5.9k over perez at 6k in the lineups where I need it.

• rotoryan

@jdtrey22 said...

LOL idk what u talking about I had like 15 last week and ill have the same this week, https://gyazo.com/80e687035184aaac07ba4c23bacb75d6

The poster is referring to PGA.com. You provided a screenshot of PGATour.com.

Different sites

• VinnyT87

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

does anyone else get scared by Phill Mickelsons picture on draft kings ?

Not as scary as Johnson Wagner’s (not in this tourney, but check it out any other week, looks like a pedophile with a creepy stache)

• DK_Ninjaaaaa

@VinnyT87 said...

Not as scary as Johnson Wagner’s (not in this tourney, but check it out any other week, looks like a pedophile with a creepy stache)

dont you ever say that! wagner’s stache is legendary.

• noddy

@dncolonna said...

I’m not so sure this thing is going to fill. Does anyone have an idea how many players entered more than 100 lineups into the previous Millionaire Makers? It’s not being talked about much, but limiting the entries is going to have a huge impact on this tournament.

I think it fills.

• thetitanlb

@DK_Ninjaaaaa said...

dont you ever say that! wagner’s stache is legendary.

Second this. Johnson wagner is the man. He is what Wario would look like if he was real

• thetitanlb

My low owned pick of this week is gonna be An. People forget that a few months back An was a darkhorse to win the US open. His Tee 2 green game is pretty darned good. His one problem has been his putting and i read on twitter today that many people observed him on the greens making everything. That is putting me on him.

• ninerzfan8

He was my low owned pick of the week last week. Had 1 really bad round, was under 1% thougj

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).