2 pm – 8 pm on TNT

Saturday & Sunday,
    11am – 2pm on TNT
    2pm – 7pm on CBS

Live Streaming at PGAChampionship.com

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@timusbr said...

I am back on my heels, I expected PGA Championship, A Major to be a very difficult course. I read that the greens are easily ready for runoffs due to being more convex in style then concave. Approaching the green ..It is essential to get the right quadrant. I imagine some birdies and many 3-putts or worse. I heard 1 person say he kinda expects a -15 or -16 for the winner. Not one person said anything. I read that in 2008 Villegas finished -15 here. Does an ave of 66 for the winner sound reasonable?

Btw, expect to see many “divots” on the greens this week…😂

• Dunzor

@Cooper08 said...

Btw, expect to see many “divots” on the greens this week…😂

haha ya, sounds like guys are not going to be spinning their wedges on these greens, it’s going to be “target golf” as Rory put it, where you land it is where it stays whether you’re hitting wedge or 7 iron

• noddy

@Cooper08 said...

Hahaha…just saw city of Akron telling the truth on LBJ school now..they are not happy he is galavanting around in LA getting all the props for the school. What he left out is his portion was only 20% while the taxpayers are billing the other 80%…people in that area not all impressed with LBJ.

Unreal. And here I was thinking he did it all by himself. What a joke. Would have been much better if he had come out and said he’s only footing 20% of the bill.

• smallANDflaccid

This has decent coverage of it:
    https://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2018/08/whos_paying_for_lebron_james_n_1.html

I was more curious how he was going to cover college, but it sounds like the university is covering that.

What this doesn’t take into account is the hard to measure stuff – like does this help or hurt other public schools in the area, etc. These things take so long to have an impact that it makes it hard to measure – with governments, it is usually because the turnover of who is in office is more frequent than the time these things take to show results – and so someone running is incentivised to just say whatever their opponent is doing is wrong and they will change it. So the program gets changed and doesn’t have enough time to fail/succeed and a new one is put in place and the cycle starts over.

So this has a chance at lasting through a longer cycle – which isn’t to say it will work or fail, but at least stands a chance to get measured.

• karatesbadboy

The Lebron thing is a hatchet job. He’s paying 100% of the cost to get the school started with a limited number of students and then 20% once it has grown to full capacity.

The key point is they are founding it as a public school within the Akron school district – so none of this 80% “cost” they will eventually be responsible for is actually new tax money, it’s just being divided differently within the district.

Lebron is basically building them a new school and offering to cover 20% of the tax load for it in perpetuity and they have the gall to complain.

• eleanorRigby

@noddy said...

Unreal. And here I was thinking he did it all by himself. What a joke. Would have been much better if he had come out and said he’s only footing 20% of the bill.

Was he claiming that he would fund the entire school? It sounds like his foundation will be throwing $2 mil a year towards its costs not to mention the millions he has already given the district. Sounds pretty charitable to me.

• timusbr

@smallANDflaccid said...

So this has a chance at lasting through a longer cycle – which isn’t to say it will work or fail, but at least stands a chance to get measured.

the whole thing above has truth. Any government partnership is only as good as the next election. LMAO, The only reason Illinois got a lottery program was that the money(profit) generated was to go to the Illinois school system. How that turn out Illinois?

• nicholasmarsh

In line… Waiting to purchase tickets for the KSDT Express. He seems to fit what I want to do at $7.1K. Anyone have an ownership guess on Kyle Stanley? Will this be the week we see it crash and burn?

• mitchsnyderdfw

If I lose everything on DK this week. Just let me win this.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1026876844094709761

• smallANDflaccid

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

hell yeah Caddyshack

• sfguy21

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

I’ve seen a few of the press releases for this, and not a single one makes any sort of Caddyshack reference. Huge missed opportunity.

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Oh wow!

• mitchsnyderdfw

@nicholasmarsh said...

In line… Waiting to purchase tickets for the KSDT Express. He seems to fit what I want to do at $7.1K. Anyone have an ownership guess on Kyle Stanley? Will this be the week we see it crash and burn?

I’m on board. He just needs to make the cut and I’m happy.

• Mizzou311

Anybody else on Chris Kirk @ 6.8k?

• rty123iop

I’m almost 100% on JT and Olesen and I hate how chalky that is going to be but who am i to go against statistical models?

• Quadhole

Winner : Patrick Cantlay

Cash Favorite : Kevin Kisner

GPP Long shot Flyer : Michael Kim

• sfguy21

@rty123iop said...

I’m almost 100% on JT and Olesen and I hate how chalky that is going to be but who am i to go against statistical models?

I’m about 85% on Olesen as well. Scare the hell out of me, but can’t talk myself out of it. Ride or die!

• mitchsnyderdfw

Anyone looking at JB Holmes? Keeps popping for me.

• Dunzor

@Quadhole said...

Winner : Patrick Cantlay

Cash Favorite : Kevin Kisner

GPP Long shot Flyer : Michael Kim

Are we doing this again? I never went back last time to see who did the best:

Winner: Dustin Johnson

Cash Favorite: Justin Thomas

GPP Long Shot Flyer: Niemann (but he probably doesn’t count as enough of a longshot) so I’ll add Gary Woodland

• Dunzor

@rty123iop said...

I’ll be heavy on both as well. I played no JT last week and he proved me wrong so I’ll have to play a bit this week.

As for Thunder Bear, I’ve been playing him heavily the last month before it was cool and while I loved getting him at 3% for the Open & WGC, I’m not about to jump off now even if he’s gonna be higher owned

• Matoshea

What are people’s thoughts on Niemann?

• sfguy21

Winner: Rory
    Cash Favorite: Justin Thomas
    GPP Long Shot Flyer: Dufffffffffffffffner

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

@Matoshea said...

What are people’s thoughts on Niemann?

I have him in 11/21 lineups, so I hope he does well!

• Cbed11

Day is way underpriced but damn he played horrible on Sunday.

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

Winner: Rose
    Cash Favorite: I never play cash, but if I did, I guess Rose would still be my pick
    GPP Long Shot Flyer: flip coin between Walker and Henley

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler