MAIN FORUM

Comments

• Roma315

Who’s excited about this?!?!? I was invited to play the beta and it was different but definelty enjoyable.

• KillaChap

I played the beta too and I liked it. I need to figure out how exactly the scoring looks with the rounds 1-2 and 3-4 stuff but that’s part of the process.

• CUTiger81

Too much variance in the format for me. I’ll stick to DK.

• medlund

I was not a fan of the format at all, but luckily won money in the beta so I might try it again. I will most likely stick to DK and FantasyDraft though

• priceisrite

Are you guys involved in the beta able to provide feedback and let them know the format sucks?

• Aberlanche

I was in the beta and followed up with feedback in the survey after it ended. I personally hated the split of 1-2 and 3-4 for the teams and also didn’t like the fact there was no scoring for finish place. Hopefully (if others agreed with me), they made some changes to the format.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking

Have 0 interest in the format. Makes it a total crap shoot.

And if the claim its for legal reasons its nonsense. Do they really think people are going to say football baseball basketball are all fine and then come after them over 1 niche sport?

• CUTiger81

@Aberlanche said...

I was in the beta and followed up with feedback in the survey after it ended. I personally hated the split of 1-2 and 3-4 for the teams and also didn’t like the fact there was no scoring for finish place. Hopefully (if others agreed with me), they made some changes to the format.

Couldn’t agree more. I was in the beta a few weeks ago and the split sucks. Like I said above…adds completely unnecessary variance and makes it more of a crapshoot than anything else. There also absolutely needs to be scoring for placing in events. With the current format you could have a golfer on the weekend who’s T-65 and gets hot on the weekend to move up to 8th-10th place and outscores the guy who wins the tournament by a large margin. That makes zero sense to me. I play at least 70% of my non PGA volume on FD but I’ve got no interest in playing a total crapshoot format. Hope they make some changes. You’ll see the high volume players keeping their action on DK if they don’t.

• dude_abides7

@CUTiger81 said...

Couldn’t agree more. I was in the beta a few weeks ago and the split sucks. Like I said above…adds completely unnecessary variance and makes it more of a crapshoot than anything else. There also absolutely needs to be scoring for placing in events. With the current format you could have a golfer on the weekend who’s T-65 and gets hot on the weekend to move up to 8th-10th place and outscores the guy who wins the tournament by a large margin. That makes zero sense to me. I play at least 70% of my non PGA volume on FD but I’ve got no interest in playing a total crapshoot format. Hope they make some changes. You’ll see the high volume players keeping their action on DK if they don’t.

With the split round scoring (which I too do not like btw) you can’t have points awarded for placement. Otherwise, you would have everyone adding the better golfers for the 3-4 rounds. LU’s would be scrubs (Rd1-2) and Studs(Rd3-4). That is unless you award the placement points for the RD 1-2 players even though they don’t accrue points. The whole this is nonsensical to me.

Maybe it was because ProAM’s drag on at a snails pace, but I didn’t even bother to pay attention much once the tourney began. I put a good part of the blame for that on the format and the way the offering is designed.

• Tsrobertson

I was also in the beta and very vocal about how much I did not like the split round format.

• swh10e

How do you get invited to the beta testing?

• Roma315

I didn’t like the format either and let them know but I cashed with one player getting a 0 😂 Because he missed the cut. Excited because FD needed more sports.

• Roma315

@swh10e said...

How do you get invited to the beta testing?

I received a email

• WidumBoise

Split round format is going to attract a total of 0 players and FanDuel is making a fatal error if this is how they are going to introduce DFS golf to their platform.

• madmanjayWV

@KillaChap said...

I played the beta too and I liked it. I need to figure out how exactly the scoring looks with the rounds 1-2 and 3-4 stuff but that’s part of the process.

HOW can you like the BETA
    talk about pure GAMBLING
    you gotta pick 8 golfers
    and 4 of them only GET POINTS for the FIRST 2 ROUNDS
    then you have to 4-see the ultimate future — YOU CAN NOT TAKE anyone from your other 4 GOLFERS who you took in your first 4 GOLFERS, who only get points for DAYS 1-2

SO — You have to hope u don’t play BUBBA WATSON on your DAYS 3-4 plays (You must roster 4 guys starting on THURS who only get points) if they make the CUT and play on the weekend….total trash IMO, but it’s DFS so whatever.

P.S. — There are so many great posts in this thread trashing this BETA testing, it’s so spot on. BUT, I can see FD sticking with it…figure it out yourself….it’s not their problem and they are part of TEAM MERGER, if that even ever happens with DK in some shape, way or form.

I could play it again..but I’m GPP and no way anyone who plays CASH GAMES would think of placing real $$$ on the way the BETA format was done, but PROPS to FD for trying…but yeah, overall it blew chunks :(

• Mirage9

seems like you would just play four scrubs/min priced guys in the Thurs/Fri rounds and load up the stars on the weekend. If the pricing is soft then I’m guessing there would be some very highly owned weekend guys (Dustin Johnson, Jordan Spieth, etc.)

• RangerC

The only way to make the split round work is to have VERY tight pricing (which I’m sure they won’t have) OR to price golfers differently based on wave – ie. Rory/Day/DJ are much more expensive in RD 3-4 (which they aren’t doing). Everyone is going to play 4 scrubs with upside (hi Andrew Loupe) 1st 2 rounds and then load up with 4 studs last 2 rounds to avoid a zero. I’ll play because I’ve played PGA on every DFS site ever, but doubt the game will be any good.

• jgtl25

thought the split round work was different and nice to change it up from the DK format. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

I played in the Beta on FD. I think I came in 30-40th i dont remember

Anyways, whats the problem? For rounds 3-4 you take your studs and pay up , these are the guys you are confident will make the cut and play all four days.

rounds 1-2 take your cheap picks

This strategy led me to an easy cash on the Beta.

• monds6

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking
    • x2

2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

DraftKings FCFWC Finalist
    • 2013 DraftStreet DSFC Finalist

DraftStreet DSFC Finalist

I was in Beta and gave feedback about my dislike as well. Hopefully they listen.

• mabrla

FD should just do a DAILY golf product. 4 different slates Thurs-Sun. Only based on that round’s scoring. Would be fun.

• timusbr

@Roma315 said...

I received a email

Anyone think that FD didnt have a list of players on their site who also have DK accounts and played golf? the company might not be 1 right now, but……

• priceisrite

When are they starting golf?

I haven’t had a chance to play the beta but Im not sure putting your studs on the weekend is the best strategy. If your studs are shooting 65 on thursday/friday you aren’t going to be getting any of those points. When Sunday comes around and they only need to shoot 71 to win there are probably better scoring opportunities out there especially if no points are awarded for finishing place. It seems to win a gpp you will need guys that are coming from behind and need to make birdies.

• TheRyanFlaherty

I get why they are not using the points for position finished – but with the scoring the way it is, playing the Beta, it seemed like all the scoring was jumbled and there was less differentiation between golfers.
    Or at least that was the impression I had.

I appreciated it being different and would probably give it a shot, but with the structure as is I would imagine people not wanting to invest heavily in it.
    I also don’t really agree with the tight pricing post a few posts up. In the Beta there were heavily owned studs that didn’t even make the cut…and without the placements in the weekend, as I was saying, there wasn’t large separation between much of the field. It’s a straight up gamble (or educated guess) picking those players….and really it’s the one aspect that I do find intriguing, because it provides so many different lineup variations. Even if your picking the favorite you then have to decide which day to play him….I do like the variation aspect to it, especially on FD where lu’s are so rigid and have resulted in sky high ownership percentages that at least to me) make it barely worth playing.

• theoddsmaker

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #26

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

got excited that this was for this week – it isn’t. when the hell is it going to be avail?

• jgtl25

@theoddsmaker said...

got excited that this was for this week – it isn’t. when the hell is it going to be avail?

The Jerome Bettis contest is set for March 30. I submitted a ticket and asked them when the first day of contests was, and they said it was not known yet. I am hoping contests will be open well before 3/30

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.