PGA FORUM

Comments

• airwolfe777

Would love to hear some thoughts/advice – this is my first time playing DK golf. Not sure where to start my research?

• regns08

Do we know what dk uses as their odds to win? Is it a particular betting site or their own odds? I know they come up with prices pretty early compared to most betting sites.

• huitcinq

They might use an amalgation of different sites, or maybe they partner with one of the bookies to get the info. I don’t really know. Either way the correlation is very strong with any site I check.

I have anecdotal evidence that their PGA games go online almost exactly after bovoda posts their odds.

• huitcinq

I really doubt they handicap the golfers themselves though.

• uncforte

There’s a reason though that Fanduel’s lawyers won’t let them offer PGA, which must be related to their thinking there’s little “skill” to it. I feel like there must be people who are winning consistently at this though that would be in a better position to comment.

• huitcinq

FanDuel’s lawyers are caught on the “multi-event” requirement of fantasy sports as per the legislation, which is why they don’t offer PGA. They seem to consider a golf tournament as one event, whereas the other guys interpret the four days of competition as sufficient for “multi-event”. It’s all pretty gray really.

• uncforte

That makes sense. Thanks.

• huitcinq

I am with you in that I am not yet convinced it’s possible to build a sustainable edge.

However, the PGA sweat is something particularly unique. It’s a lot of fun. It’ll keep me going for a while until I have enough data to conclude whether or not it’s possible to make money at this.

• leafs93

you have to remember vegas wants to minimize loses first and for most so popular players get the treatment they deserve. I have a strong feeling although there is merit to vegas odds and golfer performance it should not be the only dfs source by anymeans,

• huitcinq

Yeah that’s the point I’m making… since players prices are determined based on vegas odds, it makes using vegas odds as a research tool almost entirely redundant.

• airwolfe777

Have you seen this “Bernd Weisberger”? He seems to be on quite a winning streak – but it looks like this is his first time playing Riveria. Thoughts?

• airwolfe777

I’d put him in my DK lineup – but I don’t wanna get Burnd!

• gordmania

@airwolfe777 said...

I’d put him in my DK lineup – but I don’t wanna get Burnd!

ZING!

• dan72

Golf is one of the few sports I have seen really top notch handicappers win consistently in year over year. The problem is they can go a while without hitting anything but then they nail a longshot to win or place. There is an edge to golf handicapping no doubt. Golfers like certain courses, certain greens, etc. also when a golfer is going through a swing change or equipment change he might struggle some but Vegas won’t change their odds. It’s the handicappers job to know that and avoid.

As for Weisberger, all of those starts were on the Euro tour. Who knows if his hot streak will continue on The PGA a Tour. That’s one thing that spreadsheet doesn’t do. It doesn’t tell you what tour those starts were on. So it could be on the Euro tour, or Champions tour or WEB.COM tour or lower. Be careful

• leafs93

anyone else hate that they are ruining out first major with a ultra ultra ultra top heavy nfl style contest

• wavegoodbye

@leafs93 said...

anyone else hate that they are ruining out first major with a ultra ultra ultra top heavy nfl style contest

yes… all we can hope now is that they offer some different gpps with better payouts to go along with

• huitcinq

I don’t mind it in this case. I want more people playing golf.

• leafs93

@noddy said...

I will NEVER understand why people want tough pricing in DFS. Part of playing DFS is having players on your roster that you know and can root for. Who wants players on your roster in any sport that you don’t know, or don’t play very much, or suck, or etc. I just don’t get it. More people who are not good at DFS will play if they can put together a lineup that they can follow along with.

I made 300$ last week with 4/6 for cuts because of the tight pricing, makes it so one golfer doesnt sink a hole team because its so easy to get 6/6 cuts with soft pricing

• evanpro13

RG Overall Ranking

does anyone else think that mahan is underpriced on DK?

• jdtrey22

@leafs93 said...

I made 300$ last week with 4/6 for cuts because of the tight pricing, makes it so one golfer doesnt sink a hole team because its so easy to get 6/6 cuts with soft pricing

or because it was a 54 hole cut not pricing

• leafs93

@jdtrey22 said...

or because it was a 54 hole cut not pricing

yeah true probably helped a bit also, My rosters bombed the time before when we had a 54 hole cut so i didnt cash at all that time. Just happy we are back to regular fields.

• airwolfe777

Anyone else in the dk $27 GPP for this tourney? Im rolling with 4 entries – all completely different.

• cedwinscash

It really can be a tough sport to jump into (DFS), because the results can be unpredictable week to week. I like Hideki Matsuyama (25-1 odds) & Bill Haas (28-1), as guys who will have nice weekends.

• airwolfe777

@cedwinscash said...

It really can be a tough sport to jump into (DFS), because the results can be unpredictable week to week. I like Hideki Matsuyama (25-1 odds) & Bill Haas (28-1), as guys who will have nice weekends.

Cool, i have Haas in one lineup. I made 3 lineups with one high priced pro as the main guy and built around that. DJ, Watson and Johnny Walker Red.

• wmartin3

Ive done well in PGA cashing consistently with pretty high scores. Last week low to mid 500’s. Players on the radar for me who will be in my LU’s are: Jimmy Walker – $12,300 (last 6 starts yielded 4 top 10’s and he’s 4/4 top 20 at the Northern Trust). Jordan Spieth – $13,600 (He’s done well for me. He had a near top ten finish last year (12th) at the NT. Additionally, Google, “Spieth Riviera NCAA.” You will find a nice morsel of golf goodness about his University of Texas play at the Riviera. Sergio Garcia – $9700 (simply put, he’s good…see Noto’s article. Noto put me back on Sergio). Brian Harmon – $6900 (Harman had a 3rd place finish last year at the Riv and has made 4/4 cuts this year). Harris English – $9,000 (Lets see … Mr English finished 2 at the Farmers at Torrey Pines and 3 in Honolulu at Waialae in the Sony Open. Again if you Goog “Harris English 2014 northern trust,” click the first link in the results to see his score card for last years Northern Trust. You will like it. Anyone can pm me for some more value picks but I don’t think you can go wrong incorporating the above guys. Good Luck everyone. I am in the 27.00 Dk tournaments with a few entries.

• qatman

I’ve dialed back to one lineup per site the last few weeks to simplify things. Oddly enough, I have zero overlap between DK and Victiv this week.

Victiv’s pricing changed a fair bit this week – there are a lot of guys over 10k, and a lot more viable options under 5k. I ended up with 3 over 10k and 3 under 4k, hoping that at least one of the semi-punts can make the cut.

On DK I went very balanced with all six golfers between $7300-9800. We’ll see how that works out.

I played Finau on Victiv only as I just can’t quit that guy!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).