PGA FORUM

Comments

• TeddyG0213

Hey guys,

Just joined Rotogrinders not long ago. I’ve been dabbling in golf DFS for a few seasons now and think I’ve had above average success. However, I think one of the things that has held me back from taking the next step is my player pool. I find that my pool might be too big sometimes. I do mostly SE, 3max, and will play 20 max sometimes.

Any suggestions on the ideal player pool size for each of these tournament types?

Thanks in advance!

• timusbr

I dont think there is such a thing as an ideal player pool.

Its more about what you want to accomplish, how much money your willing to risk. At some point you need to realize that you cant make 1000’s of LU’s You cant add everyone in a 20 max contest. You need to be true to how you see the event, who you believe has a chance, what salaries remain leftover to finish your last 1-2 spots. Who you place in a core, how many LU’s do you use that core.

for myself, I like tight cores smaller player pools. I like to wheel the same golfers with pivot points. This might not be right for everyone, but it is right for me. This is comfortable for me, its the way I think, it matches my goals. Others like to spread it out, use different high salaries, use different medium salaries, and use different scrubs all in a 20 max spread. Its not wrong for them.

Find your comfort zone and playing theory, stick to it

• TeddyG0213

Speaking transparently, I am not a big 20 max player. I may look to play say the $1 20max this week because its cheap, i get to have a little more exposure, and I’m interested in playing the ownership percentages… not sure if thats a right strategy or not but at the end of the day I look at it as $20 for a little experiment.

Generally speaking, and I only play football and golf dfs, I stick to SE and 3max…. Do you tend to play a core if say your in 3 different SE or 3 different teams ok? and then with 3max, I understand a core is needed and then pivot points off that core. But say I like Rory this week and he’s projected at 25% and i want to use him in 3 max, 1 team wouldnt’t be enough but 2 would get me overexposed?

I appreciate the insight. Like I said, I do alright in DFS but I also think that I’m missing a lot of the building/pool strategies that could really help elevate my game. Especially with golf.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.