• Blogger of the Month

Quicken Loans National

• Congressional CC (Blue)(Par71) • Bethesda, MD
    • June 23rd – June 26th

Event Websites
    Quicken Loans National
    PGA Tour Quicken Loans

Past Quicken Loans National champions and sites

• 2015 – Troy Merritt(-18), Cut(-2); Robert Trent Jones Golf Club, Gainesville, Va.(Par 71)
    • 2014 – Justin Rose(-4), Cut(+3); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 71)
    • 2013 – Bill Haas(-12), Cut(+3); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 71)
    • 2012 – Tiger Woods(-8), Cut(+6); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 71)
    • 2011 – Nick Watney(-13), Cut(+3); Aronimink Golf Club, Newtown Square, Pa.(Par 70)
    • 2010 – Justin Rose(-10), Cut(+3); Aronimink Golf Club, Newtown Square, Pa.(Par 70)
    • 2009 – Tiger Woods(-13), Cut(+2); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 70)
    • 2008 – Anthony Kim(-12), Cut(+3); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 70)
    • 2007 – K.J. Choi(-9), Cut(+4); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 70)

You can see that Congressional was changed from Par 70 to Par 71 in 2012 so keep that in mind when doing history research.

Links:
    Ownership Reports
    JimKronlund $10 50/50

• flip4flop

2 Bud Cauley Lineups and 2 Rickey Barnes….damnit

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

Had Barnes in 2/5 lineups, and also had him in a bet on Bovada, so I’ve already lost like $16 bucks on him overall… unless my two lineups go 5/6, and I break even.

• BrianVT

@BillionaireBank said...

I totally agree. And I struggled with this for a long time until I came to the realization that shit happens and I can’t get upset that one errant drive can cause a golfer to lose confidence and confound his mistakes. But once I started focusing more on recent form and totally threw out stats I started performing significantly better in cash lineups; GPPs are still my achilles’ heel.

Yea, I say that now, but I’ll probably just keep adjusting my strategy. Going by recent form, my Furyk pick better pay-off! I still think it’s a big crap-shoot in the end. My main problem is that I don’t do high volume multi-entry, so probably never have a chance to begin with, but I still think completely random is as good as weighted random in this sport; staying close to $50k.

• davidkyle

Is this on TV or no?

• BillionaireBank

@davidkyle said...

Is this on TV or no?

Should be on Golf Channel at 3:30 pm EST.

• th3goat84

@BillionaireBank said...

Should be on Golf Channel at 3:30 pm EST.

PGA golf channel needs to be a thing. No reason why we can’t watch a full event.

• mschu1213

Wtf is Ernie Els in one of the featured groups every week?

• NCRick

What % got Barnes? Cauley? (in the 400k i mean)

• anomalous1

does anyone know how the bud cauley WD went down. Did he actually withdraw on the tee box?

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

Looks like Woodland still has some bogeys left in him from last week…

• HSXLNC

Cauley. WTF had him in 16% of lineups.

• macG31

@anomalous1 said...

does anyone know how the bud cauley WD went down. Did he actually withdraw on the tee box?

Per twitter he hurt his wrist.

And there’s certainly a lot of tough guys on twitter calling him out for it.

• Rye300

@BrianVT said...

Yep. This is why this might be my last weekend of messing with DFS golf for awhile. I have not been able to find any true correlations between stats and results for about the last two months. Reason being – it’s golf. Golf is the most difficult sport on our planet to be consistent and successful at. I’d say golf for DFS is probably the closest to gambling out of all of them. I think having a completely random LU generator that just finds mixed LUs between 49.5-50k salary and maxes out the multi-entry limits (which I’ve never done) gives you just as good an opportunity of cashing out than building any sort of optimizer or algorithm based on golf stats. One putt, one errant drive or approach, and your guy could miss the cut. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s fun (creating and watching your guys all weekend), but when I haven’t cashed-out enough to cover all my entry fees for about 5 weeks straight, I just don’t see the point of putting much effort in it anymore. Of course, this weekend could change everything!

The tough part to me is that they all play the same “position” from a DFS perspective. Say in NFL you can make easy pivots by knowing what the common player will do. Like the end of last season when David Johnson was going off at cheap price and high ownership. You could differentiate easily by either paying up at RB or choosing a cheap RB near Johnson. You instantly knew that you were different. Golf is so much harder, like Lovemark this week, I knew he was going to be pretty heavy by reading the stuff leading up to it but I can’t make an easy pivot from an ownership perspective because Lovemark can be had in a balanced lineup or someone who played Rickie at the top. There are so many more ways to get them in as opposed to NFL where you know they can only have so many QB, RB, WR etc.

• qatman

It’s strange to see all these birdies after last week.

• flip4flop

@davidkyle said...

Whee Kim is my salary relief guy. I’ve got 34% exposure. I got spooked late last night thinking I needed to find someone else, but for the price needed, he was the best statistically from my numbers. Happy to see a top 1000 grinder mention him!

I couldn’t find anyone better according to my model. There were a few others close but Kim ranked so high. I have to much of him so hope he does well.

• JimKronlund

Fak woodland +2 already

• miamimunich

@peachfuzz said...

Had Barnes in 2/5 lineups, and also had him in a bet on Bovada, so I’ve already lost like $16 bucks on him overall… unless my two lineups go 5/6, and I break even

I think if the golfer doesn’t play or withdraw before hitting a shot the bet is cancelled

• walkoff9

Featured groups on pga tour live are a joke this week.

So they will probably all shoot amazing rounds.

And now there is a chick talking about getting wet and taking inches….interesting.

• NCRick

@Rye300 said...

The tough part to me is that they all play the same “position” from a DFS perspective. Say in NFL you can make easy pivots by knowing what the common player will do. Like the end of last season when David Johnson was going off at cheap price and high ownership. You could differentiate easily by either paying up at RB or choosing a cheap RB near Johnson. You instantly knew that you were different. Golf is so much harder, like Lovemark this week, I knew he was going to be pretty heavy by reading the stuff leading up to it but I can’t make an easy pivot from an ownership perspective because Lovemark can be had in a balanced lineup or someone who played Rickie at the top. There are so many more ways to get them in as opposed to NFL where you know they can only have so many QB, RB, WR etc.

Yes, but the odds of needing Lovemark to win are small. Much smaller than his ownership. Easy fade.

• BillionaireBank

Damn Woodland.

• anomalous1

bud cauley wd via twitter??

• Rye300

@NCRick said...

Yes, but the odds of needing Lovemark to win are small. Much smaller than his ownership. Easy fade.

Yeah I’m just saying from a lineup construction standpoint. If I know everyone is taking David Johnson and spending up at WR I can take AP and go cheap at WR. I know instantly that I am different than most and if it pans out I’m moving up quick.

In golf even if I think the top 3 salaried guys will be super popular or incredibly unpopular, neither has the effect on Branden Steeles ownership because you can fit him in with a top guy or start your lineup with him.

• Rye300

@anomalous1 said...

bud cauley wd via twitter??

He went over to an official on PGA tour live and said he was trying to work it out but said he just can’t really hit a shot and WD. I don’t believe he hit a tee shot, however, he really should have alerted the alternate to maybe be ready if he truly thought he may not be able to take the first swing of the day. Sounds like he knew it was an issue coming in and was working on it yesterday but couldn’t get it good enough to compete this week.

• thetitanlb

@walkoff9 said...

And now there is a chick talking about getting wet and taking inches….interesting.

Meh i think the featured groups arent half bad at all.

Charley Hoffman
    Haas
    Furyk
    Keegan – They are still going off how he was with the long putter
    Reed
    Merritt-Always happen with the previous year winner
    Kj Choi – Ok he is meh now
    Justin Thomas
    Smylie
    Rickie

Thats a decent featured groups to me.

• davidkyle

@walkoff9 said...

I saw that…. she’s wearing Paulina Gretzky’s outfit from last Sunday.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler