• Blogger of the Month

Quicken Loans National

• Congressional CC (Blue)(Par71) • Bethesda, MD
    • June 23rd – June 26th

Event Websites
    Quicken Loans National
    PGA Tour Quicken Loans

Past Quicken Loans National champions and sites

• 2015 – Troy Merritt(-18), Cut(-2); Robert Trent Jones Golf Club, Gainesville, Va.(Par 71)
    • 2014 – Justin Rose(-4), Cut(+3); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 71)
    • 2013 – Bill Haas(-12), Cut(+3); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 71)
    • 2012 – Tiger Woods(-8), Cut(+6); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 71)
    • 2011 – Nick Watney(-13), Cut(+3); Aronimink Golf Club, Newtown Square, Pa.(Par 70)
    • 2010 – Justin Rose(-10), Cut(+3); Aronimink Golf Club, Newtown Square, Pa.(Par 70)
    • 2009 – Tiger Woods(-13), Cut(+2); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 70)
    • 2008 – Anthony Kim(-12), Cut(+3); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 70)
    • 2007 – K.J. Choi(-9), Cut(+4); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 70)

You can see that Congressional was changed from Par 70 to Par 71 in 2012 so keep that in mind when doing history research.

Links:
    Ownership Reports
    JimKronlund $10 50/50

• miamimunich

@BrianVT said...

Yep. This is why this might be my last weekend of messing with DFS golf for awhile. I have not been able to find any true correlations between stats and results for about the last two months.

@brianvt

there are many different things you can do with the stats. recent form is not just the number that says their finishing position. A player could be hitting 40th-60th place but certain statistics be trending upward. And lets say the course upcoming he has really good putting statistics there and that is the one statistic that has been holding him back. This would indicate maybe theres a higher probability this guy finishes better this week.
    Assigning probabilities, risk measures, variances etc is good, even covariances among types of players to really diversify your lineup.

Then again, this is my theory. Will be testing all this when I have the time.

• mmccannwin

@thetitanlb said...

Meh i think the featured groups arent half bad at all.

Charley Hoffman
    Haas
    Furyk
    Keegan – They are still going off how he was with the long putter
    Reed
    Merritt-Always happen with the previous year winner
    Kj Choi – Ok he is meh now
    Justin Thomas
    Smylie
    Rickie

Thats a decent featured groups to me.

You got some hahn. It’s bentgrass. He should kill this course

• thetitanlb

On a side note. I cant believe how high owned Rahm and Lovemark are.

• KJP24

@Rye300 said...

Yeah I’m just saying from a lineup construction standpoint. If I know everyone is taking David Johnson and spending up at WR I can take AP and go cheap at WR. I know instantly that I am different than most and if it pans out I’m moving up quick.

In golf even if I think the top 3 salaried guys will be super popular or incredibly unpopular, neither has the effect on Branden Steeles ownership because you can fit him in with a top guy or start your lineup with him.

Spot on with everything you said here and previous post. Golf is such an interesting puzzle to figure out. In football you have a general idea of how things might go; but not dfs golf. That’s part of the reason I love it.
    It’s awesome to see a guy you took a risk for to sink that 20 foot putt!

• mmccannwin

@thetitanlb said...

On a side note. I cant believe how high owned Rahm and Lovemark are.

Rahm was probably hyped up this week. That’s why he’s overowned.

• thetitanlb

@mmccannwin said...

You got some hahn. It’s bentgrass. He should kill this course

Hahn is always in play baby. But yeah Bentgrass is a go!!!

• fabuluslife

@davidkyle said...

may I ask why do you like Molinari? Going through teams this morning I saw a couple of the sharks like Daut44 had him. I’m just not seeing anything in his stats that makes him worthy in my opinion.

I’m just a fan of his and he is usually low owned with decent upside. I don’t dig into his stats a lot but know he can strike it very well and if he EVER gets the putter going he can get a top 5. Usually plays the memorial well, except for this year, and to me these courses are similar. Just a gut feel, no analytics backing it up.

• JimKronlund

Kevin Chappell 16.5% T4 (-1)
    Tony Finau 16.0%
    Jim Furyk 14.3%
    David Hearn 5.9% T4 (-1)
    Will MacKenzie 1.3% T4 (-1)
    Kyle Reifers 10.1% T1 (-2)

Nice for the next 5 minutes anyways

• mmccannwin

Come in harman.

• amanuel777

Heavy Woodland and Vegas exposure looking great for me early. I’m done, on to next week. :D

• BrianVT

@NCRick said...

What % got Barnes? Cauley? (in the 400k i mean)

Cauley is 2.9%, Barnes 2.2% (Drive the Green $400k)

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

of course I threw cauley in my lovemark lineup as my last move of last night. WTF dude. Cost another guy a chance with this last second WD. Pretty damn rude. Did he hurt it this morning?

• thetitanlb

@amanuel777 said...

Heavy Woodland and Vegas exposure looking great for me early. I’m done, on to next week. :D

Cutting the ripcoard at +1. I like your style

• reeses

wow steele 3 putt for bogey from 12 feet. Come on.

• Pats7914

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

Why, why, why did I take Steele for $9,900 knowing he’d be chalk

• th3goat84

Checking in, did this event get cancelled? People are saying they are done and moving onto next week? Interesting, guess it might have got cancelled…or is this the special 1 round tourney?

• walkoff9

7 golfers on the course, 6 -1, 1 is -2

Solid start.

• BrianVT

@miamimunich said...

@brianvt

there are many different things you can do with the stats. recent form is not just the number that says their finishing position. A player could be hitting 40th-60th place but certain statistics be trending upward. And lets say the course upcoming he has really good putting statistics there and that is the one statistic that has been holding him back. This would indicate maybe theres a higher probability this guy finishes better this week.
    Assigning probabilities, risk measures, variances etc is good, even covariances among types of players to really diversify your lineup.

Then again, this is my theory. Will be testing all this when I have the time.

Yea, my wife starts to get a little annoyed when I’m home from work (where I was on a computer all day doing stuff in Excel), and pick-up another computer to start doing more non-work data analytics stuff. It’s definitely fun, though…..the stats and analytics part is what keeps me in it, even though I don’t make any money. I’ll try to look a little deeper into recent form, though….good suggestions. Takes a lot of time researching specific courses and stuff, though. Gotta cook dinner, get the kids in the tub, cut grass, drink a few beers, etc…..

• JimKronlund

Kevin Chappell 14.3% T4 (-1)
    Adam Hadwin 16.9%
    Jamie Lovemark 17.7% T1 (-2)
    Patrick Reed 22.3%
    Kyle Reifers 10.4% T1 (-2)
    Nick Taylor 2.9%

More 5 minutes of harmony

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Steele is such an ass. 12 foot bird and gets bog. Man Woodland and Steele get it together.

• davidkyle

@th3goat84 said...

Checking in, did this event get cancelled? People are saying they are done and moving onto next week? Interesting, guess it might have got cancelled…or is this the special 1 round tourney?

you make me wish this forum had an “ignore user” feature.

• mschu1213

• mschu1213

@slpanthers24 said...

Steele is such an ass. 12 foot bird and gets bog. Man Woodland and Steele get it together.

• jeffgo33

Steele with a 10-footer for eagle, so no worse than par on this hole

• jeffgo33

Birdie. Probably should be 1-under now. Maybe 2. Putz.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler