• Blogger of the Month

Quicken Loans National

• Congressional CC (Blue)(Par71) • Bethesda, MD
    • June 23rd – June 26th

Event Websites
    Quicken Loans National
    PGA Tour Quicken Loans

Past Quicken Loans National champions and sites

• 2015 – Troy Merritt(-18), Cut(-2); Robert Trent Jones Golf Club, Gainesville, Va.(Par 71)
    • 2014 – Justin Rose(-4), Cut(+3); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 71)
    • 2013 – Bill Haas(-12), Cut(+3); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 71)
    • 2012 – Tiger Woods(-8), Cut(+6); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 71)
    • 2011 – Nick Watney(-13), Cut(+3); Aronimink Golf Club, Newtown Square, Pa.(Par 70)
    • 2010 – Justin Rose(-10), Cut(+3); Aronimink Golf Club, Newtown Square, Pa.(Par 70)
    • 2009 – Tiger Woods(-13), Cut(+2); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 70)
    • 2008 – Anthony Kim(-12), Cut(+3); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 70)
    • 2007 – K.J. Choi(-9), Cut(+4); Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.(Par 70)

You can see that Congressional was changed from Par 70 to Par 71 in 2012 so keep that in mind when doing history research.

Links:
    Ownership Reports
    JimKronlund $10 50/50

• davidkyle

@BrianVT said...

Didn’t he also hole-out a couple eagles? Seems like luck was on his side at Oakmont

I had him as my salary relief on my 2nd best team in the milly last week. (damn you Stenson!) https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/23149201?uc=421832340

He got one eagle and fifteen birdies.

• billholler

@skeeter1114 said...

Back to the topic of the Quicken Loans National, I have a gut feeling that DeChambeau wins this week. Not sure I have a good reason why, but I just get a feeling this is his week.

I like him this week. Looked good last week and only a few wayward shots knocked him out of contention. Fairway bunkers aren’t as scary this week and green side bunkers won’t have 2-3 inch grooves.

• JimKronlund

@BIF said...

I play MLB on DK so saw the Noah scratch and filled his spot with Kluber who threw a 45+ points complete game shutout gem with 9K’s BUT my other pitcher was Nola who got rocked and put up Negative 9.25 yup -9.25 points. Too bad as I had Tomas and Segura from Ariz and Cozart from Cinc so was still able to cash but could have been a real good night with 15-20 from another pitcher instead of almost -10 !

I had Carpenter 14 Cozart 32 Bruce 28pts everyone else had points. except Duffey -9. Still won min cash. 90 pts
    This year even when I get 5 homers and 2 good pitchers I barely win anything most times. I end up just outside the money.
    I rocked last year and I know baseball but I can not win anything this year so far. I am at a loss as to why.

• Pickle29

I created a lineup solely of players without a profile picture on DK just for the hell of it, and I don’t hate it. Only left $2K on the table.

• mschu1213

@JimKronlund said...

I had Carpenter 14 Cozart 32 Bruce 28pts everyone else had points. except Duffey -9. Still won min cash. 90 pts
    This year even when I get 5 homers and 2 good pitchers I barely win anything most times. I end up just outside the money.
    I rocked last year and I know baseball but I can not win anything this year so far. I am at a loss as to why.

Because the games are getting tougher and tougher to beat. Now just saw RG is offering dfs coaching, great. Just like poker, slowly and slowly it will get tougher and tougher to beat. The edge is too small and the fish are too few. Sorry for the rant.

• billholler

@Pickle29 said...

I created a lineup solely of players without a profile picture on DK just for the hell of it, and I don’t hate it. Only left $2K on the table.

Tournaments like this, I always make at least one faceless LU and one all Asian LU. Had to use Rahm as an Asian this week due to the lack of Asians.

BTW, Webb Simpson didn’t burn me enough last week so all in again.

• BIF

@JimKronlund said...

I don’t play much MLB just Mon-Wed when I do and usually avoid Coors Field slates when possible or just play 1 anti-Coors lineup as DFS Golf and NFL occupies more than enough of my time and are the sports I’m most passionate about.

Agree with mschu1213 to some extent on being tough as MLB most years is far easier to win in April-May versus 2nd half of season – on average the Sharks have fleeced the sheep and run many out of money leaving a higher % of better players still in the game.

• billholler

First world problem…..uploaded 200 LU to DK. Enter them all just to find out it only uploaded 152.

• Jk1492

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

Just signed a contract with Taylor Made, all new equipment i believe.

Not sure if he was already playing Taylor Made or not. Could make a difference if he wasnt.

Interesting. All I could find was that he was using the Taylor made driver last week and also an article that indicated that he had a room full of all different types of equipment while in school to determine which he liked best before signing with someone. Obviously money talks though. Don’t think it will back me off though new equipment and newborn children usually back me off guys.

• DomTwan

Soon You’ll Noe that Some Ting is Wong.

• cowbell204

@billholler said...

Tournaments like this, I always make at least one faceless LU and one all Asian LU. Had to use Rahm as an Asian this week due to the lack of Asians.

BTW, Webb Simpson didn’t burn me enough last week so all in again.

Kim, Kim, Kim, Noh, Iwata, Kang, Choi.

All Asian.

• smallANDflaccid

@cowbell204 said...

Kim, Kim, Kim, Noh, Iwata, Kang, Choi.

All Asian.

Technically Anirban Lahiri and Vijay Singh are also both Asian, but you mean like China/etc – my Indian friends would always correct me when I said that.

• TeamTwerk

I’m not sure what to make of Kang’s fine performance at US Open. I’d like to think he’s returned to the fine form he flashed earlier in the season but then again it is the US Open and I feel like I should 100% disregard all results as a measure of current form.

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

I’ve heard some people talking about Bill Haas this week and he didn’t pop up in my filtering for making lineups. i investigated it a bit more and found that he has only finished better than the field average 6 of his last 14 rounds dating back through the Players Championship. Although he made 3 of 4 cuts he only has one round under field average on the weekend and it was only -.11 shots ahead. He doesn’t really have any major blowup rounds but just on the last month of play I don’t think he is on his best game.

His course history is almost excellent with 12 good rounds and 2 bad rounds. But I’m torn when the current form is not really what you want in a guy.

Does anyone have some counterpoints that go in his favor? If so I would like to hear them.

• Dewoc19

Feelings on Tim Wilkinson this week, not very long off the tee which I guess isn’t bad but he is accurate

• billholler

@Dewoc19 said...

Feelings on Tim Wilkinson this week, not very long off the tee which I guess isn’t bad but he is accurate

This is where I have a hard time separating recent performance from previous tournaments and actual stats. Tim screwed me each time I had faith in him the last month so faded him this time. Almost positive he is your winner this week.

• Dewoc19

@billholler said...

This is where I have a hard time separating recent performance from previous tournaments and actual stats. Tim screwed me each time I had faith in him the last month so faded him this time. Almost positive he is your winner this week.

Yeah I’ve been burned by Wilkinson a few times recently too, I just need a cheap player and he is the guy I turned to almost instantly, it used to be Tringale, now I’m finding it to be Wilkinson. He’s gotta turn he play around sooner or later right not that he has been playing terrible lately

• DomTwan

@billholler said...

and one all Asian LU.

This is a completely standard operating procedure in all PGA events.

And in IMHO, +EV

• JimKronlund

Remember it is dangerous to fall in love with any player. Need to be picked on merit alone every given week.

• flip4flop

I keep ending up with Castro as a player to look at this week, not a bomber but fairly accurate with a great par 4 scoring ability

• JimKronlund

@BIF said...

Agree with mschu1213 to some extent on being tough as MLB most years is far easier to win in April-May versus 2nd half of season – on average the Sharks have fleeced the sheep and run many out of money leaving a higher % of better players still in the game.

well I can attest to this and its really frustrating. I only do a couple $3 plays a night now because of this. I can achieve better results when its only 4 or 2 teams. But no top tens or wins when last year I had a decent amount.

• billholler

@Dewoc19 said...

Yeah I’ve been burned by Wilkinson a few times recently too, I just need a cheap player and he is the guy I turned to almost instantly, it used to be Tringale, now I’m finding it to be Wilkinson. He’s gotta turn he play around sooner or later right not that he has been playing terrible lately

I did a 50 LU longshot stack with Sean O’Hair/Leishman/Chappell. O’Hair is only 6400 and should at least make the cut. Issues with long irons may be the only reason he doesn’t compete for the win.

• billholler

@flip4flop said...

I keep ending up with Castro as a player to look at this week, not a bomber but fairly accurate with a great par 4 scoring ability

Catro will probably be at 20% ownership. Nice recent form and great course history. I think the long irons will be a key this week and Castro isn’t the best long iron guy this year which is surprising since he is an excellent ball striker.

• newynewstrom

• x3

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

3-4 players anyone really likes from 6.5k to about 7.5k?

• DomTwan

Does anyone bet the OUTRIGHT winner, week to week?

Last week I got in on Dustin at 15-1 for $10. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler