MAIN FORUM

Comments

• SmartWater

Marketing and Social Media Manager

Hey guys,

We are excited to team up with Global Poker to bring you the DFS Poker Open! With no sports to follow we think this is the perfect time to come together as a community and play some online poker. We’ll have a nice prize pool on this tournament, but perhaps even more importantly we’ve got 15+ fun bounties on the heads of various DFS and poker personalities.

First, let’s start with what is Global Poker?

GlobalPoker is a sweepstakes-based US online poker site that has been in operation since 2016. Rather than buying in for cash, players purchase Gold Coins to fund their account. Prizes won on the site can be redeemed as cash and paid back to your bank account.

How to signup for Global Poker and the DFS Poker Open.

STEPS:

1. Go to Global Poker (Make sure you click through this link or one of our links on Twitter)
    2. Create your username and password
    3. Click “Buy Coins” in the top right-hand corner and purchase your Sweep Coins (Watch video below)

4. After you have completed your purchase, click the “Switch Currency”. From there, click the refresh icon next to “SC” and you should see your purchase amount there
    5. Click the Tournaments tab. From there, search DFS in the search bar and the DFS Poker Open will come up (make sure to switch the currency to SC from gold coins first).
    6. Enter the tournament by using this password and 25SC!
    7. Have fun and enjoy knocking out some of your favorite DFS personalities and winning their bounties!

What is the DFS Poker Open?

The DFS Poker Open is an online poker tournament played on GlobalPoker.com. Exclusive to RG members, this tournament features “bounties” paid out to players who eliminate pre-determined players during each tournament. The tournament will also payout cash prizes based on the total number of entrants.

DETAILS:

Thursday, March 26 @ 9 PM ET
    Buy-in: SC25
    Password: CLICK HERE FOR PASSWORD
    Prizepool: 5K min guaranteed + bounties (can be found below in the first reply)

Global Poker FAQs

Is Global Poker Legit?
    Thanks to their unique sweepstakes model, players in the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) can play on GlobalPoker.com. Unlike a traditional online poker site, players do not make deposits but rather purchase Gold Coins which have no monetary value. With each purchase, players receive Sweeps Coins which has a 1:1 value to real dollars when redeemed.

How do you get Sweeps Coins on global poker?
    Sweeps Coins is obtained on Global Poker with a purchase of Gold Coins. Depending on the amount of Gold Coins purchased, players will receive free sweepstakes entries by way of Sweeps Coins.

Is Global Poker played with real money?
    Technically, no. There are two currencies in use on Global Poker. Gold Coins have no monetary, but Sweeps Coins can be redeemed for cash prizes – usually at a 1:1 ratio.

Is Global Poker safe?
    Part of a publicly-traded company (VGW Holdings), Global Poker is whitelisted by Facebook and licensed by the Gaming Authority in Malta. Global Poker is a safe option for US online poker players.

How do I claim my bounty?
    Global Poker will contact RG with a list of the usernames that knocked out someone with a bounty. If you knock out someone with a bounty, please post your Global Poker username in this thread with the person(s) you knocked out. We will then contact you via RG DM’s to work on getting you your prize.

Enjoy and good luck on the felt!

• SmartWater

Added Prizes (I will be updating this as more bounties get added and including their Global Poker name)

The player who wins the tournament receives a Poker Open Champ Profile Badge, an invite to the 2021 RG Party, and two nights hotel for said party.

Knockout any of these players and you get their bounty!

• BigT (BigT44) – 30-minute chat session on Showdown slate strategy
    • Notorious (RG_Notorious) – DFS coaching session
    • STLCardinals84 (stlcardinals84) – PGA DFS Coaching for Masters
    • Peter Overzet (revertzeetop) – Manz coin
    • Kevin Roth (KevinRothWx) – Five Personal Forecasts Through DM and One Month RG Premium
    • SmartWater (Milton Friedman) – One month of free RG Premium
    • Dan Back (DB730) – One month of free CFB Premium
    • Chop (headChopper) – One Month CFB Premium
    • Beermakersfan (RGbeer) – Six-pack of your favorite beer ($30 or less)
    • David Kitchen (socrdave) – Workout tips
    • Eric Crain (jakz101) – Poker or DFS training session
    • Brit (britdevine) – DFS coaching session
    • JJ (uncl3dunkl3) – One on one sports betting consultation
    • Blender (blenderhd) – DFS coaching session
    • Cal Spears (GrindersCal) – One month of free RG Premium
    • Jacob Horton (Hondizzzle) – Golf Lesson/Swing Analysis (PGA member)
    • Adam Small (RealDustinGouker) – One month of free RG Premium
    • Daniel Barbarisi (Pimpbotlove) – Signed copy “Dueling with Kings”
    • Stevie (StevieTPFL) – NASCAR Premium Weekly Pass x3
    • CSURAM (CSURAM88) – One month of free FantasyLabs
    • Jeff Collins (jeffeljefe) – One month of free Numberball
    • Kevin Mathers (KevinMathers) – Bounty Info Coming Soon
    • SamENole (Global Poker username coming soon) – One Month Free RG Premium
    • Roothlus (Global Poker username coming soon) – Free 30-Minute Poker Lesson
    • Jason Mezrahi (Win Daily Sports) – Free month sub to WinDailySports
    • TJ Hernandez 4for4 (KevinsChili) – Pick an IPA for him to chug
    • FastEddieFear (FastEddieFear) – NBA Jersey of choice up to $100
    • DraftCheat (DraftCheat) – Whoever knocks me out can choose a Twitter nemesis. I will troll them once per day, every day, until baseball is back.
    • Killabee (Hoochy2482) – One month RG Premium
    • Dean78904 (Dean78904) – Watch Dirty Grandpa with whoever busts me……(optional)
  • leib0039

Says 49 of 50 states legal, know which one isnt?

Also this seems weird, you have to buy “coins” with actual money, you use the coins on the site, and then you exchange the coins for cash? So why is this legal whereas online poker is almost every state isnt? I am way more than interested just a few questions i had before looking to sign up. thanks!

• SmartWater

@leib0039 said...

Says 49 of 50 states legal, know which one isnt?

Also this seems weird, you have to buy “coins” with actual money, you use the coins on the site, and then you exchange the coins for cash? So why is this legal whereas online poker is almost every state isnt? I am way more than interested just a few questions i had before looking to sign up. thanks!

Hey, we answer the questions regarding how it works above! GP is not in Washington.

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion

• 2016 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

• newname

I’ve used the site for the last 2 years and it’s legit. Coins don’t equal cash Sweeps cash equals cash you have to hit the currency button.

• squidkill

What’s the buy in? SC25?

• SmartWater

@squidkill said...

What’s the buy in? SC25?

Yes, that is correct.

• kennylee22

What’s the payout structure?

• SmartWater

@kennylee22 said...

What’s the payout structure?

That will be finalized once registration closes.

• Brandon6385

How much in real cash is SC25?

• neogamer

• x2

2013 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

What is the blind structure of the tournament?

• DFSx42

relevant https://globalpoker.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035769654-Redeeming-weeps-Cash-

• thedude404

@TrumpTrain2020 said...

I’ve used the site for the last 2 years and it’s legit. Coins don’t equal cash Sweeps cash equals cash you have to hit the currency button.

What is the ratio of sweep coins to US dollars? What is the ratio of gold coins to sweep coins? In other words, is everything set up as a 1:1 ratio?

• Brandon6385

@thedude404 said...

What is the ratio of sweep coins to US dollars? What is the ratio of gold coins to sweep coins? In other words, is everything set up as a 1:1 ratio? Also how do you pull out cash since they were banned from paypal?

This…. Whats the difference between gold coins/sweep coins, seems very confusing.

• thedude404

@Brandon6385 said...

This…. Whats the difference between gold coins/sweep coins, seems very confusing.

Gold coins i think are like play money. They can be converted into sweep coins for play or withdrawal. Yes we need to know the ratio here. Also i read the rake is high on the site but maybe somebody can confirm that.

EDIT: Looks like from what I’m reading rake is 5%.

• Brandon6385

so were paying $20 for 200,000 in play money, and 40 coins for real money? lol

• squidkill

Its all very confusing but I have nothing else going on.. so—-I’m IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• thedude404

@Brandon6385 said...

so were paying $20 for 200,000 in play money, and 40 coins for real money? lol

From what I’ve read so far, sweeps coins has a 1:1 ratio with US dollars. So for depositing $20, you’re getting 40 sweep coins or 40 US dollars. Is that right? I’m assuming then you have to play a certain amount to make a withdrawal?

• fightingjohn

heck just create a home league on poker stars to buy pass all this purchasing and everything. No money involved there.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

If you read the info and watch the video above you shouldn’t have any questions. Current deposit bonus is deposit $20 get 200,000 coins and 40 SC (Sweep Coins). $1 = 1 SC. So you are getting $20 dollars worth of SC free. RG tournament buy-in is 25 SC. Rake is 2 SC. Once everyone is registered then we will know the exact payouts. Here is current payout with 118 players

Position Amount
    1 1,150
    2 800
    3 607.5
    4 450
    5 300
    6 250
    7 200
    8 150
    9 125
    10 – 12 112.5
    13 – 15 107.5
    16 – 18 102.5

This is the Blinds for the first hour. Starting Stack is 5,000 Chips

Ante Blinds Duration
    0.00 10/20 10
    0.00 20/40 10
    0.00 30/60 10
    0.00 50/100 10
    0.00 75/150 10
    0.00 100/200 10

• Brandon6385

@fightingjohn said...

heck just create a home league on poker stars to buy pass all this purchasing and everything. No money involved there.

This is what I did. We have about 80 members so far, and get 2-3 games going a night.

• Micah112

Vacation4life is the name. I’m going be taking down some fish during this one.
    Vacation4life

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@fightingjohn said...

No money involved there

Sounds terrible

• Brandon6385

@theIrrigator said...

fightingjohn said…

Sounds terrible

Money is involved, just send the buy in to the “host” on venmo or paypal and they payout after it’s over.. Pretty sweet thing.

• whoisjohngalt420

Already 124 entrants. I have a feeling this’ll cruise past the 5k guarantee!

For anyone on the fence about Global, I’ve used the site a few years now myself and i can report positive experience with them, both in terms of ease of cash in/cash out and the tournies being relatively soft/profitable. Tournament player’s should love the site. Cash games, on the other hand, are stocked well with grinding regs who pay attention, take notes and play aggressive.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler