INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• CZYX

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

For H2H, everyone debates about sharks and the $1 scoop, but let me bring up another issue that I believe is being thrown beneath the rug.

Let’s say you create create open H2H for any quantity for an 8pm start. The open entry will say TBD up through 7:59:59pm AND 8:00:00pm. Then after 8:00:00pm, it remains TBD. Immediately thereafter you refresh, and it becomes filled with the usual suspects.

I’ve accepted this as a common practice and it’s not crazy impactful from a personal level, but this “post-lock” scripting doesn’t seem appropriate.

Anyone else run into this?

• cccalloway

@CZYX said...

For H2H, everyone debates about sharks and the $1 scoop, but let me bring up another issue that I believe is being thrown beneath the rug.

Let’s say you create create open H2H for any quantity for an 8pm start. The open entry will say TBD up through 7:59:59pm AND 8:00:00pm. Then after 8:00:00pm, it remains TBD. Immediately thereafter you refresh, and it becomes filled with the usual suspects.

I’ve accepted this as a common practice and it’s not crazy impactful from a personal level, but this “post-lock” scripting doesn’t seem appropriate.

Anyone else run into this?

It’s not scripting. You are matched with other people who have posted H2Hs and have some open if yours don’t all fill. No issue here. You can always cancel any H2Hs that aren’t filling ahead of time to avoid being matched with sharks.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

It’s auto matching,no?

I always thought that was common knowledge?

• csandbizzle

I think you are mis interpreting what is happening here.I believe the sites are actually the ones matching up open H2H contests at lock not individual players. Obviously they want the contests to run so they can collect the rake and it only makes sense to match up people unfilled H2Hs with each other. It just seems as though it may be players scripting because those particular players have many unfilled H2Hs.

• emac

Assuming this is on FanDuel, open H2H games are automatched right at lock, it can take a few seconds for this to refresh all the way through to the live lineups page.

DraftKings does the same thing, however, you can set your preferences on how many times you want to play a gamer at a specific entry fee level. Also, you can opt out of the automatch feature all together. FanDuel does not have the same ability at this time.

• CZYX

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

thanks guys. the fish in me didnt know the “common knowledge” that auto matching exists.

@emac – how do you “opt out” of automatch feature in DK?

• yh4j

Would appreciate a tutorial on how to opt out auto-matching as well. I play quite a bit H2H and often forget to cancel unfilled H2H. DK offers H2H features of blocking up to 3 opponents and limiting one HU per opponent. However, I couldn’t find the opt out feature. Thank you.

• VinnyT87

bump, nothing i like more than seeing my H2H’s filled with birdwings and maxdalury at lock (even though I beat them harder than I beat my meat most of the time)

• CZYX

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

seems like @emac left.

@bhdevault – would like some clarification on opting out of the automatch feature

• einars

@CZYX said...

seems like @emac left.

@bhdevault – would like some clarification on opting out of the automatch feature

not everyone just sits on these forums all day, just relax for a bit.

I dont know how you turn off the automatch but you can limit your h2hs to 1 per person at DK when you create the H2hs

• cccalloway

Lol. You can always email DK support to ask as well.

• CZYX

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

@einars – coming from a guy that’s posted nearly 4000 times since mid last year…………

• CZYX

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

@cccalloway – lol i thought this was common knowledge??

• yh4j

Moderators,
    Would you mind clarifying how to turn off the auto matching feature? I am having trouble finding that on DK. DK support communications have always been automatic messages so I gave up emailing them a while back. I would think everyone would appreciate some transparency. That would only be positive for the DFS industry. Thank you.

• einars

@CZYX said...

@einars – coming from a guy that’s posted nearly 4000 times since mid last year…………

you waited an hour (during which the thread had multiple posts asking the same questions) and you assumed that they had left. just take a deep breath and wait. or if you are in such a hurry send DK an email since it is a question about their site

• sonicattack

There’s a section in preferences where you can list up to 3 players you wish to block. I’m not sure about turning auto-matching off altogether but I imagine it’s there when you set up your h2h.

Anyway for the listing 3 players part – My Account (highlight your name, upper right hand corner), then once in My Account go to Preferences.

I’m rusty but I believe a number of the smaller sites have this feature as well.

• VinnyT87

@einars said...

you waited an hour (during which the thread had multiple posts asking the same questions) and you assumed that they had left. just take a deep breath and wait. or if you are in such a hurry send DK an email since it is a question about their site

keyboard warrior alert, why don’t you two take this onto the dark web

• yh4j

@sonicattack said...

There’s a section in preferences where you can list up to 3 players you wish to block. I’m not sure about turning auto-matching off altogether but I imagine it’s there when you set up your h2h.

Thanks Sonic, I am aware of the blocking and limiting one HU per opponent. I am trying to figure out how to turn off auto-matching because I often forget to cancel my unfilled H2Hs.

• sethayates

@yh4j said...

Thanks Sonic, I am aware of the blocking and limiting one HU per opponent. I am trying to figure out how to turn off auto-matching because I often forget to cancel my unfilled H2Hs.

Hey guys, What Emac said above isn’t 100% correct. If you create a private H2H it means you want to play specific person. When you click private there is a check box to prevent auto matching.

When you create a public H2H it is assumed you are willing to play anyone. At that point it asks you how many times you are willing to play the same opponent. It doesn’t have an auto match opt out sice it is assumed you are willing to play anyone up to the number of times you allow. Hence, a public H2H. Any unmatched H2Hs at lock will be matched automatically by the site.

• yh4j

Thank you Seth for your well thought-out and clear response. Appreciate it!

• CZYX

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

Seth – Felt like such a noob when I didn’t know about this common knowledge. Thank you for your respectful and helpful answer.

• mmzapp

@CZYX said...

Seth – Felt like such a noob when I didn’t know about this common knowledge. Thank you for your respectful and helpful answer.

I think you set the tone for your responses with a) a veiled accusation about scripting, b) expectations that EMac should hang on the edge of his seat awaiting your response to his response, and, c) an awkward jab at einars for posting 4000 times

• CZYX

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

@sethayates – Pivoting from the H2H discussion, I have also seen the auto join happen in Step entries. For example, if a pool is 8/10 filled at lock, it fills immediately thereafter. I’m curious how this happens, bc I would assume even if you had a placeholder entry others would see it?

• Heterodox

I’m not generally one to refuse a tin-foil hat when offered, but your first question had a reasonable explanation, and I’m not sure what you’re driving at here. The 10-man filled post-lock? I mean, I assume there’s always some lag time, and I’m not really sure it’s a revelation that people use scripts to enter a bunch of contests at the last second. I’m not sure what advantage would be gained from waiting til the last second, except when hunting overlay, which wouldn’t exist in a non-guaranteed league. Maybe if it were a bait and switch, but if you’re sitting in a game that anyone can join you must realize that anyone might join.

That said, I think they need to clean this up a bit, because when you post H2Hs from the Create a Contest page it says “If a contest does not fill, the contest will not run and all entry fees will be refunded”

I understand they are referring to leagues, but others might not since they don’t specify, and the only way they would know that they were being auto matched is if they hover their mouse over the number in the “entries” column of the H2H lobby, click view, read the description, and infer. Unless I’m missing something, which is entirely possible. I don’t play a ton of H2Hs, and when I do, I don’t generally post them.

• D4RTHPH4D4R

@CZYX said...

LMAO

• royalfan

• x2

2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

It would be nice if they had a box to check to not be automatched. I remember a few years ago when I was playing Mr. Tuttle in a lot of high stakes matches, then we would be banging heads for 25 bucks with I believe higher rake several times. It was asinine. At one point we both though each other were scooping matches until we figured out what was going on. It doesn’t much matter. Until the scripting issues are addressed I won’t be playing much, and certainly not in anything I can’t just run a cash game out there. If these joints want to allow scripting, then they need to develop scripts and allow everyone to use them, and only them. People that get approved to use scripts clearly have been caught using them for intentions that were not supposed to be the case. If nobody is going to pay attention, then they shouldn’t be allowed. Pretty simple. If you want them used, develop them for all. And don’t allow outside scripts.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler