MAIN FORUM

Comments

• mewhitenoise

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Hey Grinders,

Hopefully you have read my “10 Definitely Interesting, Possibly Helpful MLB Notes” series (posted on Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays), but if you haven’t, you can find it here.

RotoGrinders approached me and wanted to do a fun contest with the community based off my articles.

The contest works like this:

Find a cool/interesting stat or nugget of information that applies to Friday’s MLB slate and post it in this thread. The deeper and more advanced the stat the better. I will then read through all the forum posts and select the most interesting post, and that person will get $50 in Fantasy Cash added to their FantasyDraft account (If you do not have a FantasyDraft account, you can sign up HERE)

RULES:

1. Only one post per person.
    2. Stat/nugget needs to include a player playing on that day’s main slate and should be focused on DFS relevant research.
    3. Post needs to be submitted in the thread BEFORE the main slate locks.

I’ll get it started: In six career starts against the Blue Jays since 2012, Joe Kelly has posted a 6.96 ERA and 1.53 K/BB ratio. That’s the highest ERA and the lowest K/BB of any player (minimum 6 games started) against the Blue Jays during that span.

Let’s have fun with this and see what awesome bits of information we can find!

We have a winner! There were TONS of great stats in the forum, so it was a tough choice. KidTycoon’s breakdown of the recent history of Miami and Atlanta hitting the over in the projected run total in their games was not only useful for tonight’s slate, but is something to consider in games between these two moving forward. Great job, guys! Check back tomorrow morning for a new “10 Notes” article for Saturday’s slate.

• greenwarrior2

Jung-Hu -Kang has an exit velocity the last 15 days between 97-115, In a hitters park should go deep tonight.

• iculooking78

Non sports related Kacy Anthony slept with her lawyer. Hes 2-0 lifetime pitching for her

• KidTycoon

While many DFS daily projections are derived from Vegas Money Lines and O/U Lines, I don’t see many daily articles attacking the possible inaccuracies on that data (maybe I’m just looking in the wrong place.) While Vegas is considered the Projection God, and rightly so, sometimes a good peak at daily activity can lead to extra insight. Today for example, 77% of bettors have Miami over Atlanta, which is not surprising due to, well it’s Atlanta. But, there is also a strong consensus for the OVERS in this game, 71% of the money at this time believe that more than 7.5 runs total will be scored. While they are not powerhouse teams, it’s also interesting to note that in the last 7 match-ups between MIA/ATL, they have gone to the overs, scoring on average 12.2 runs. INFACT, dating back to the beginning of last season, they’ve faced each other 19 times, only 5 games have been below 7.5 runs, and 8 games have gone for more than 10. SO, you can expect MIA players to perform at higher values than their current DFS projections (derived for the O/U and Money-line) suggest! And likely ATL batters too.

• jmikeisawinner

I think we have a winner.

• mataug21

Just wanted to throw this one out there as an O’s fan. The Orioles struck out 52 times in the series in Houston. So what does Buck do? He moves Adam Jones to leadoff who has the team’s lowest OBP among regular starters (.282) and a recent slump of 3 for his last 39!

• tjg0384

Over his career Giancarlo averages a HR per 14.10 AB which ranks 5th all time against all former and active players

• mewhitenoise

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

These have been great, guys. Only a few minutes left to get those stats in!

• mewhitenoise

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@KidTycoon said...

While many DFS daily projections are derived from Vegas Money Lines and O/U Lines, I don’t see many daily articles attacking the possible inaccuracies on that data (maybe I’m just looking in the wrong place.) While Vegas is considered the Projection God, and rightly so, sometimes a good peak at daily activity can lead to extra insight. Today for example, 77% of bettors have Miami over Atlanta, which is not surprising due to, well it’s Atlanta. But, there is also a strong consensus for the OVERS in this game, 71% of the money at this time believe that more than 7.5 runs total will be scored. While they are not powerhouse teams, it’s also interesting to note that in the last 7 match-ups between MIA/ATL, they have gone to the overs, scoring on average 12.2 runs. INFACT, dating back to the beginning of last season, they’ve faced each other 19 times, only 5 games have been below 7.5 runs, and 8 games have gone for more than 10. SO, you can expect MIA players to perform at higher values than their current DFS projections (derived for the O/U and Money-line) suggest! And likely ATL batters too.

Alright guys – we have a winner! Love this information.

• KidTycoon

Awesome! I guess going to college in Reno and betting sports (before DFS existed) finally paid off. Glad i could be of USE!

Setting up FDraft account now…i’ll be KidTycoon there as well. Keep up the odd analysis. Thanks again for running this cool Promo.

• specvspeed03

No offense but there should be a rule against copy/pasting in a contest like this, and atleast state the source if your going to.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).