Lets get a discussion going on tonight’s games:

Indiana at Chicago 8:00 PM

Minnesota at Milwaukee 8:00 PM

Phoenix at San Antonio 8:30 PM

Oklahoma City at Utah 9:00 PM

Golden State at Los Angeles 10:30 PM

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

Wow, I am glad that I logged in now. The 15K Sharpshooter only had 20 entries left when I got to work. I only grabbed three, but it’s already full.

• mitchellp44

All I know is that SG is a wasteland…

• ItzJamesFTW

Rashad Vaughn from MKE is a solid SG punt. Got the start last game and they are working the rookie in this preseason. The kid also looks like an absolute stud.

• ElSlappo

@peachfuzz said...

Wow, I am glad that I logged in now. The 15K Sharpshooter only had 20 entries left when I got to work. I only grabbed three, but it’s already full.

Wow – I reserved a couple entries right when I woke up today just in case it sold out early but I didn’t expect this early. Maybe they should bump it up a bit for the next slate, people are clearly chomping at the bit for NBA.

• tmspriggs

Shouldn’t the sites have regular season out by now? It’s a week away. It seems like last year at this time they already had it out.

• ryanjt90

Are there any decent sites out there with preseason information? Stuff such as DvP

• shark61350

The DFS Community has to hire Rotoworld as their new PR Team.

“Odom was scheduled to fly back to Los Angeles on Monday night after his fighting through the adverse effects of herbal supplements he took at a brothel in Nevada. We’ll keep Odom’s status updated, but this is great news for the former Lakers star.”

• stubbysooner77

• 2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

I’ve vultured some good GPP cashes from DK preseason sites the last few days. I think tonight the usual suspects are in play (Westbrook, Durant,…Thunder are playing last preseason game like its the regular season and both should log 30 plus minutes). Alex Burks has played well and should play a bunch. Paul George has been amazing so far. I worry about teams on b2b’s in preseason especially so guys from Bulls. Marrese Speights might be ok as Bogut injured his face and game should be fast paced. Greg Monroe should do well against a weak Timberwolves front court. Actually, McDermott for the Bulls could be an ok play.

• mitchellp44

Stacking OKC might be a solid play…I expect high volume outta all of those guys all season long…Westy under 10k playing over 30 mins is a must-play. He’s a triple double threat in 20 mins.

• IronMonkey415

Hope they let Mirotic go wild tonight, I have him all over the place.

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

@mitchellp44 said...

Stacking OKC might be a solid play…I expect high volume outta all of those guys all season long…Westy under 10k playing over 30 mins is a must-play. He’s a triple double threat in 20 mins.

I’d largely face Westy for the beginning of the season until we know what impact KD will have on his production.

Don’t forget, the only reason why he went nuclear last year is because he was forced into a huge role with Durant being sidelined.

• SJR

Can anyone tell me if DK has beginner games up for tonight? I thought I had some extra NBA beginner entries not but the tab isn’t showing up

• BreakingBacon

@peachfuzz said...

I’d largely face Westy for the beginning of the season until we know what impact KD will have on his production.

Don’t forget, the only reason why he went nuclear last year is because he was forced into a huge role with Durant being sidelined.

if he starts the season under 9500 you still have to consider him, guy was a 10.2 player with Durant in

• stubbysooner77

• 2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

@BreakingBacon said...

if he starts the season under 9500 you still have to consider him, guy was a 10.2 player with Durant in

I think on a 5 game slate, preseason especially, you have to look at the guys who are going to get you the most usage. Price point is secondary imo. That said, KD and Westbrook are two of the best NBA DFS guys. I would say when healthy both are arguably top 5-10. Both fill up stat sheets…5 tool players if you will. Preseason NBA is a lot like NFL (though not quite as bad) as far as difficulty predicting who will play lots. I think both under 10 K are awesome plays on draftkings. You can make it work by finding guys who will play a little more than perhaps during the season because…well its preseason. Look at Doug McDermott for example. He’s averaging double digits and has seen the floor a lot for the Bulls. I bet once the regular season rolls around he won’t be nearly as big a part of the Bulls rotation. If you can set a roster with players who are all going to play and contribute at least a little bit, you will most likely cash in GPP’s right now. There were a ton of lineups with guys who weren’t even playing last night (and the information is out there if you know where to find it). Anthony Davis, for example, was rostered on almost 10 percent of lu’s and it was known by noon he wasn’t going to play. Another thing is to make educated guesses on lineup construction based on the guys who aren’t playing. Example: I overhauled almost all of my lineups at the last second last night, inserting Ryan Anderson for Amir Johnson. My rationale was largely based on the fact that other than him, I was a possibility to start at center for the Pelicans last night. Seriously, I think I could beat Kendrick perkins in a foot race. Now, bar fight….he’s got me. or wings eating contest. While Johnson did ok with 21.75 DK points, Anderson doubled his output with 42 DK points and played 30 plus minutes. Caveat-all of the above said, its preseason. Its difficult to be scientific with roster construction at this point. I’m playing mainly because there’s a lot of folks playing who I don’t think play NBA DFS regularly, and its also a good way to get into flow of regular season which starts in a freakin week!

• roto718

Finished 4th Sunday and 32nd last night. Best advice for preseason would be to target opportunity and be aware of who is he playing. Mo Williams was 12% owned last night, LeBron was 3% owned, Anthony Davis was 36% owned in something. Neither guy played ..it’s a big advantage if you didn’t have these guys or any other guys that didnt play. Checking for lineups may be most important in preseason.

• deerosa

Any recommendations for checking on lineups instead of following all beatwriters??

• OUBrent1

@deerosa said...

Any recommendations for checking on lineups instead of following all beatwriters??

If you go to NBA.com, click on the game schedule for tonight, click each games preview and look at the media notes for each game.

• OUBrent1

@ItzJamesFTW said...

Rashad Vaughn from MKE is a solid SG punt. Got the start last game and they are working the rookie in this preseason. The kid also looks like an absolute stud.

Vaughn is a guy I had my eye on. With Parker out, he is seeing a good amount of minutes.

• OUBrent1

KD and Russ haven’t really vultured each others production that much this preseason. No reason to worry about that.

• JSteele

@OUBrent1 said...

Chris Vivlamore @CVivlamoreAJC
    CMB said he expects to give more minutes to Hawks’ starters and rotation players Wednesday vs. Grizzlies.

It’s Tuesday

• OUBrent1

@JSteele said...

It’s Tuesday

Yeah, I got rid of that.

• kdriskell311

@ryanjt90 said...

Are there any decent sites out there with preseason information? Stuff such as DvP

I think RealGM has the best preseason stats.

• kdriskell311

BTW I think we can all agree. Big help following the thread last night. I tried to update players in/out as much as possible.

Hopefully it won everyone a little money. Last night was my most productive night. Cashed 6 of 6 50/50s, won a ticket to Millionaire Maker and cashed in 4 of 4 tourneys.

I still want to throat punch the Cleveland beat writer for saying “Oh yeah..by the way Mo Williams is sitting out” in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

• OUBrent1

So much going on with baseball, hockey, preseason nba. So hard to be productive with anything else haha

• OUBrent1

If you follow SethayatesDFS on twitter he is a huge help

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).