NHL FORUM

Comments

• Syzltuth

4 game main slate plus an anh @ la showdown

• maibockaddict

what does this mean?

Les Canadiens ont fait bonne figure samedi au Centre Canadian Tire à Ottawa, dominant les Sénateurs par la marque de 4-0. La troupe de Claude Julien a obtenu trois buts en avantage numérique, alors que le gardien Keith Kinkaid bloquait les 27 tirs dirigés vers lui à son premier match présaison. Jeff Petry, Jake Evans, Tomas Tatar et Phillip Danault ont trouvé le fond du filet. Le Tricolore détient maintenant une fiche parfaite de 4-0-0.

• maibockaddict

@maibockaddict said...

what does this mean?

Les Canadiens ont fait bonne figure samedi au Centre Canadian Tire à Ottawa, dominant les Sénateurs par la marque de 4-0. La troupe de Claude Julien a obtenu trois buts en avantage numérique, alors que le gardien Keith Kinkaid bloquait les 27 tirs dirigés vers lui à son premier match présaison. Jeff Petry, Jake Evans, Tomas Tatar et Phillip Danault ont trouvé le fond du filet. Le Tricolore détient maintenant une fiche parfaite de 4-0-0.

Ah never mind… I think I got it

• maibockaddict

Did anyone confirm Price tonite? Did not see it in twitter yet

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@maibockaddict said...

Ah never mind… I think I got it

I’ll translate anyway, not word by word but the general idea:

Canadiens did well Saturday in Canadian Tire Center (Ottawa), winning 4-0. Claude Julien’s team scored 3 powerplay goals, and Keith Kinkaid stopped all 27 shots he faced (in his first preseason game). Petry, Evans, Tatar and Danault scored. Canadiens now have a perfect 4-0 (preseason) record.

• Felixxberg

@maibockaddict said...

Did anyone confirm Price tonite? Did not see it in twitter yet

It’s most likely that he plays the full game but it’s not confirmed. They play in the first time slot so we’ll know before lock.

• alyeska_skibum

@Felixxberg said...

They have a new scoring system on DK this season so people will have to adapt.

What was the reason behind the scoring change? I cant see any viable reason for it, but I havent looked at too closely.
    Is the thought that seeing a score that in previous years would’ve made us NHL fantasy gods will boost our self esteem?

• thedkexperience

@BigWilburStyle said...

You from Philly thedkexperience?

South Jersey. I live a block from the Flyers practice facility in Voorhees, NJ. I’m like 12 minutes from the arena if there isn’t any traffic.

• maibockaddict

alyeska_skibum They are trying to add scoring drama to DFS to attract more players. NHL has always had the least amount of scoring because even shots on goal are not that frequent. The new system I guess adds a little, but it is still the lowest scoring sport.

• alyeska_skibum

@Felixxberg said...

as every beer is like $15 once you get in!

Yeah but thats in Canadian money. Once you convert it into US currency its only about $1.25

• CheetosAddict

None a single Leafs player tonight does more than 1M … but even with that, Drouin will do some nice cercles on the ice.

• Felixxberg

@Fabsy said...

Amadio has been my neighbour for the last 20 years, hoping he can prove himself as a Top 9. 50 Goals for Brampton in the OHL, he’s talented and can be that sneaky play to get you a GPP win

I put LAK3 (his line) in 3 lineups just for fun. It was either them or MTL4.

• Felixxberg

@alyeska_skibum said...

Yeah but thats in Canadian money. Once you convert it into US currency its only about $1.25

Haha if only that was true!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Hard to get away from Montreal tonight. Toronto’s “team” does not look very good!

• Jenesaisblah

@maibockaddict said...

alyeska_skibum They are trying to add scoring drama to DFS to attract more players. NHL has always had the least amount of scoring because even shots on goal are not that frequent. The new system I guess adds a little, but it is still the lowest scoring sport.

Gotta appease the nfl and nba players who will only play during their sports mid season break.

• Jenesaisblah

How many lineups gonna have couturier jvr Marchand pasta? If this game is low scoring I’m gonna be boned.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Think a game stack will be fairly unique (in a preseason way). I’ll take a shootout as I have pieces of both.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Hard to get away from Montreal tonight. Toronto’s “team” does not look very good!

Yep, but I feel the ownership will be spread out tonight.

BOS1 is the most talented line of the night, but they play against a decent Philly team. Some people will go a little contrarian and play PHI1. We don’t know Detroit’s lines, but we can guess from their lineup that they’ll be below average, so it’s safe to assume that both NYI and MTL will play against AHL teams, making NYI1 and MTL1 good lines to play. I can also see some people pivoting from BOS1 to BOS2, and/or from MTL1 to MTL2. Then, 3 hours after later, there are a couple of nice late night hammers. ANH1, ANH2, LAK1, LAK2 and even LAK3 are all playable.

Most people will either play Price or Varlamov at G. Some might play Rask, or even Elliott as a contrarian play. Any other goalie doesn’t really make sense.

Then, at D, I think it’s between Petry, Ghost and Doughty for the most owned. I actually have 100% Petry through 35 lineups. I won’t mention my other overowned D. He’s a risky play but I had to find a way to differentiate.

• Felixxberg

There’s (almost) no bad play in a 4 game slate. Ballsy plays can make you win a GPP.

• the_shashi

WHASSUPPP fellas. NHL is back!

Which dmen do you guys like tonight? I have Petry (100%), gost and doughty 60-40.

• Felixxberg

Detroit’s lines, finally: https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/1176254991713079298/photo/1

• thewinners

What do you guys think about this line up?
    C
    Max Domi
    C
    A. Kopitar
    W
    D. Pastrnak
    W
    B. Marchand
    W
    J. Drouin
    D
    Jeff Petry
    D
    Nick Leddy
    G
    Tuukka Rask
    UTIL
    D. Brown

• Felixxberg

@the_shashi said...

Which dmen do you guys like tonight? I have Petry (100%), gost and doughty 60-40.

4 Quebecers on the thread today!

• Felixxberg

@thewinners said...

What do you guys think about this line up?
    C
    Max Domi
    C
    A. Kopitar
    W
    D. Pastrnak
    W
    B. Marchand
    W
    J. Drouin
    D
    Jeff Petry
    D
    Nick Leddy
    G
    Tuukka Rask
    UTIL
    D. Brown

You’re not supposed to post full lineups (I think), but I like it. It’s a coin toss between Drouin and Tatar, but the rest makes sense. I went with Price over Rask, but it’s a personal choice.

• thewinners

Sorry I did not know you cannot post full line ups

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@the_shashi said...

Welcome back!

I have Petry and Doughty in 2/3 of my 3 entries tonight… then Leddy and Gost round out the other two spots.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).