Three weeks have been completed in the FanDuel Single Entry Series. Find out who leads the pack and more!

NBA FORUM

Comments

• SmartWater

Marketing and Social Media Manager

We’re excited to announce the third edition of our Single Entry Series in partnership with FanDuel!

Here are the details:

o There are 6 weeks of contests. You can enter the featured contest as many times as you want during the week. Your top 4 weekly scores will count towards your total.

o The top finisher each week gets an all expense paid trip to Miami to compete in a live final for a shot at $10,000 first place prize.

o On top of the prizes in each contest plus the live finals, top finishers will earn free entries into other contests on FanDuel – including tickets into the Slam and Jumbo Dunk.

o The entry fees for each week range from $2-$100.

We’ll keep the Leaderboards updated so you can follow along with all the action. You can check out the leaderboard here

The complete list of prizes and full details can be found on FanDuel’s announcement page.

Good luck!

• Nosuckoutplz

1st!

Also, in on this for the first time. Thanks for doing it and good luck RotoGrinders people!

• flip4flop

Love these! Thanks for setting this up again and love the price points and variety! Big bonus for FD also running the regular $2 single entry while this is going on.

• jimmyquinella

• Blogger of the Month

Blogger of the Month

Excellent news!

• kvzeek

Any way to confirm that our account fd and RG accounts are properly linked? First time playing the series. Thanks.

• SmartWater

@kvzeek said...

Any way to confirm that our account fd and RG accounts are properly linked? First time playing the series. Thanks.

Just checked your account and you are properly linked.

• CDonaldson83

Anyway we can do the single entry challenge on DK?

• Lumphrey

Same question here.

• kuik

does it pay to do this if i missed the first day already?

• SmartWater

@CDonaldson83 said...

Anyway we can do the single entry challenge on DK?

We are working on bringing some DK contests to the community for the future.

• SmartWater

@kuik said...

does it pay to do this if i missed the first day already?

Yes, your two lowest scores get dropped weekly.

• Ampowell13

When are the leaderboards updated

• delaneysue

Why are the leaderboards not updated

• Hkhotsskhotb

How cool would it be to crown a big three sport single entry champion. Or post a cumulative leaderboard. Basketball following up on the NFL, MLB single entry series. Now you guys figure out the weighting system because the NFL series was in the 600s and MLB varied from the 700-800s depending on buyin levels. NBA was at 400 just last night.

Think about how engaged the players would stay over all the fantasy seasons. Also pull in players to try maybe a weaker sport for them if they did well in one of their strengths.

Any idea what a leaderboard combined for MLB and NFL would’ve looked like as the NBA is just getting started.

Lastly I know just raw scores are easiest to track but place in the standings reflects more the truest level of expertise because of scoring fluctuations on some slates.

• readparse

Ampowell13 and delaneysue, thanks for asking about the leaderboard update. It was late today, but shouldn’t be going forward. I had to shake some cobwebs loose in our updating process.

• joeycis

• Blogger of the Month

Blogger of the Month

Do you have to be an RG member to qualify? I am noticing many players are not linked.

• steelcitydozer

@SmartWater said...

Yes, your two lowest scores get dropped weekly.

Confused a little if top 4 scores count and lowest 2 get dropped then are there only 6 contests a week or 7?

• SmartWater

@steelcitydozer said...

Confused a little if top 4 scores count and lowest 2 get dropped then are there only 6 contests a week or 7?

Correct, that was a mistake by me.

We always count your best 4 contests in Single-Entry series. The rest of them get dropped. So since there are 7 contests each week in this series, we actually drop the bottom 3, not 2.

Sorry about that!

• whiskeytango1

@joeycis said...

Do you have to be an RG member to qualify? I am noticing many players are not linked.

Wonder that as well, also wondering if the prize structure is only applicable to RG members? For example, with RG and non RG members I’m in 20th place but if only counting RG members I’m technically in 8th place. Can anyone clarify how this works?

• James23

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking

As the top RG guy I hope that’s how it works – but after reading the official rules on FD it never says anything about it. So I don’t think it matters if you’re on here or not.

• whiskeytango1

@James23 said...

As the top RG guy I hope that’s how it works – but after reading the official rules on FD it never says anything about it. So I don’t think it matters if you’re on here or not.

That was the impression I got as well when reading through FD rules… I hope it works out for you to be 1st, as I can’t imagine any scenario (on a 2 game slate) where I put up enough points to knock you out of the top spot lol

• fildo22

How does it work for this second week? I see the first contest is $25, does it stay like that for the whole week?

• jimmyquinella

• Blogger of the Month

Blogger of the Month
    @fildo22 said...

How does it work for this second week? I see the first contest is $25, does it stay like that for the whole week?

Each week is different amount, this week is $25 each day. (all week long)

Good luck to all in week #2

• Tuttlebag

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

Appreciate the contest, it’s good to see some promotion of single entry tournaments. Only suggestion for future tournaments is you should use percentile finish and not raw score. The raw scores for NBA can fluctuate so much on a given night that some scores (even high finishes) on a night could be completely useless if the other nights are extremely high scoring.

• mattyd2420

Hey guys, wondering here how I get my account linked as an RG member for the contest. I see my name on the list but it is not highlighted in blue as a member. I do have an account so I am confused a bit.

• Ross
    @mattyd2420 said...

Hey guys, wondering here how I get my account linked as an RG member for the contest. I see my name on the list but it is not highlighted in blue as a member. I do have an account so I am confused a bit.

Hello,

Your username should link after our next update.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.