Where: Potomac, MD

Course: TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm | A par 70 playing at 7107 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Kyle Stanley at -7

Last Year’s Cut: +4

Coverage: PGATourLive | Golf Channel | CBS

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• whodat2

Don’t remember, but must have been some bad weather to produce a +4 cutline, when the year before it was E.

• flip4flop

Ready to recover from last weeks losses. I’ll put up this weeks H2H a few every day. Looking forward to some fun and hopefully not going broke haha.

• Brandon6385

Getting destroyed on golf the past 2 months….. Gotta turn it around eventually right?

• mitchsnyderdfw

@whodat2 said...

Don’t remember, but must have been some bad weather to produce a +4 cutline, when the year before it was E.

I think it was a new course if I remember right. I thought this used to be held at Congressional, but moved last year to TPC Avenel.

Might be the reason scores were so high?

• BIF

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

I think it was a new course if I remember right. I thought this used to be held at Congressional, but moved last year to TPC Avenel.

Might be the reason scores were so high?

Correct – new course last year but it was also used twice on Web.com

The Google sheet has the info about the course and when it was used and for who

• mitchsnyderdfw

So it looks like the $4 Fore 20-entry max might be dead? A little humble brag, I took down the $4 Fore last year at this event and was looking to defend my title this week.

Guess I’ll just try for the DTG and that $100K

These payout structures suck

• noddy

I finally won some money. Hoping to make it two weeks in a row.

• noddy

Yahoo pricing is up. Looks like I’ll be leaving some money on the table over there. I like some cheap golfers this week

• Ndepompei

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

So it looks like the $4 Fore 20-entry max might be dead? A little humble brag, I took down the $4 Fore last year at this event and was looking to defend my title this week.

I think they usually post the 20 entry max later on in the week. I could be wrong though

• noddy

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Only 3 contests posted so far

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@whodat2 said...

As noted TPC Avenel new design was used Ly and players walked away with the thoughts that it’s a very tough course and could host a US Open. The rough is very thick and penal. Per Leishman the course is tough and fair and rewards excellent play but if you are the slightest bit off you could face a long day. Not sure how much I would put into the history of web.com since the course they played wasn’t the same played Ly.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

This week the National is a qualifier for the Open Championship. If you have not qualified, the four highest finishing players in the T12 earn an invite. Below are the players in this weeks field who have qualified thus this is mute for them.
    Fowler
    Tiger
    Leishman
    Woodland
    Walker
    Si Woo
    Stanley
    Barnrat
    Hadwin
    Molinari
    Cink
    Matt Jones
    Blixt
    Niemann and Redman are listed on the Open page as qualified but I believe this is incorrect as they qualified as amateur champs which they have since given up since turning pro. Rob Bolton does not list them as part of the field.

That is thirteen players minus the last two that have already qualified. Good chance we will see 1-4 additional qualifiers this week because I doubt the players above all finish in T12.

• Cincinnatibuck

Happy Meal Cup standings have been updated. Nicholas-marsh has moved into the Top 10.

• BIF

@whodat2 said...

Whodat – sent you a PM

• TrustinthePlan

Man if it wasn’t for Webb ejecting big time on Friday, I could made some good money this past week. Had a really good 4/6 min cash in the 5 dollar and had a 5/6 score over 500 points and finish just outside the top 1000 in the dollar.

Anyways, onto this, looking forward to an interesting week. Not a really strong field, so will be interesting to see prices on Tiger, Rickie and some of the big names in this field. Also will be interesting to see what young guns people will go with since there are many in this field on this difficult course.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Interesting info from golfdata for this tourney. Golfdata tracks SG Approach, Putting, ARG, and OTT to calculate how the stats attribute to scoring for each tourney. On avg 35% of the score is attributed to SG Approach, while last year for this tourney only 26% came from SG Approach. On avg 15% of the score is attributed to SG OTT, while last year for this tourney 22% came from SG OTT. While I understand the sample size is one, the variance in the numbers above is the biggest of any other tourney. The numbers are so large that it would take multiple tourneys of going the other way to get back to tour avg. when scanning tournament results I found two other tourneys that avg over 20% SG OTT. Ly there were only two tourneys were the SG Approach was less than 30%, the Memorial and Players Championship while none had an avg under 30%. Hope this makes sense but missing the fairway is truly penal at TPC Avenel.

• TheRyanFlaherty

The good news for this week is I only have to win a .01 on DraftKings to do better than last week…I have to hope that’s a realistic goal lol

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Ly eight players were 20% owned or higher. Four were 25% or higher and two of those four missed the cut, Steele and Hadwin. This is another great example of how bad pricing was last year as Hadwin was 6.9k, CH3 7k and Stanley 7.6k. Don’t expect to see any player of that caliber in those price ranges this year as pricing has been so much better this year.

• Jamcclea

@Cooper08 said...

Interesting info from golfdata for this tourney. Golfdata tracks SG Approach, Putting, ARG, and OTT to calculate how the stats attribute to scoring for each tourney. On avg 35% of the score is attributed to SG Approach, while last year for this tourney only 26% came from SG Approach. On avg 15% of the score is attributed to SG OTT, while last year for this tourney 22% came from SG OTT. While I understand the sample size is one, the variance in the numbers above is the biggest of any other tourney. The numbers are so large that it would take multiple tourneys of going the other way to get back to tour avg. when scanning tournament results I found two other tourneys that avg over 20% SG OTT. Ly there were only two tourneys were the SG Approach was less than 30%, the Memorial and Players Championship while none had an avg under 30%. Hope this makes sense but missing the fairway is truly penal at TPC Avenel.

This is great stuff coop

• ecb34

@Cooper08 said…

E: meant to quote Coop

Link to this?

• timusbr

Reminder – The free Champion Summer contest Has 2 contests this week.
    Event #3 is the French Open (Euro)
    Event #4 is Quicken Loans The National (PGA)

#beattheforum has been profitable to the forum. after 2 weeks the form is 63-6.
    This weeks challenger is flip4flop.

#beatflip4flop this week

holding my breath a little for Whodat..best of fortune to you sir. Whatever you decide to do.

• Wander_Bread

Awesome information Coop. Thanks.

Guess the key will be to keep it in the FW this week.

• Mizzou311

Insert Lingmerth gif here

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@ecb34 said...

@Cooper08 said…

E: meant to quote Coop

Link to this?

http://datagolf.ca/historic-event-data/

• astauty

@Wander_Bread said...

Awesome information Coop. Thanks.

Guess the key will be to keep it in the FW this week.

so stay away from Tiger. sad

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).