MAIN FORUM

Comments

• jerzeyzfynest

RIP DraftStreet. best site of all time… thanks alot DK…thank you for ruining a good thing, and thanks for taken down the only site I enjoyed, and trying to force me onto your site… also thanks for not giving any warnings, and making my 100,000+ draft street points go to waist…

if it does not work out for you let me know. If the price is right I may be willing to buy DraftStreet. yes I am serious…

• crazy201081

Your pts do transfer

• Putz

@jerzeyzfynest said…

RIP DraftStreet. best site of all time… thanks alot DK…thank you for ruining a good thing, and thanks for taken down the only site I enjoyed, and trying to force me onto your site… also thanks for not giving any warnings, and making my 100,000+ draft street points go to waist…

if it does not work out for you let me know. If the price is right I may be willing to buy DraftStreet. yes I am serious…

Buy DraftDay and turn it into DraftStreet, copying their rules and game set. Hire the DS guy who set the salaries and you’re done.

• sonicattack

These threads are the new complain about lack of late swap on FD or Condia or whomever for taking all the games.

Yawn.

• Mazzone

Mondogoal Rep

@jerzeyzfynest said…

Hey Jerzey,
    Thanks for the support of DraftStreet.

As someone who put many years into DS and moved his family cross country to be a part of DraftStreet full time, I can completely understand the negative emotions. Like many DS loyalists I was feeling all things depressed to furious and everything in between. I will always love DraftStreet and the entire team that helped make it possible.

It’s perfectly acceptable to be upset, but when that passes, all I ask is that you try to take a step back and look at the big picture.

In DraftKings, you’ve got a great product, a site with massive prize pools and undeniably the best user experience in terms of mobile/desktop interface. It’s now combined with the site that had the widest variety of sports and game offerings, great rewards program, top notch salaries, etc… It’s a good match in that each site was missing some key things that the other had already nailed.

This was not strictly a hostile takeover just to get rid of a competitor. After meeting with the DraftKings management, every single DraftStreet employee elected to stay on board and help bring the best of DraftStreet to DraftKings. As someone who’s been around business and mergers/acquisitions a couple of times, I’ve never seen that happen before. People are almost always forced out immediately, or choose to leave on their own.

I know it’s going to take time, but I think when all is said and done you’re going to really enjoy what we have in store and how the best of DraftStreet will be integrated into DraftKings. Hopefully you come along for the ride. Feel free to reach out to me at anytime if you want to chat some more.

• jerzeyzfynest

I understand, but I hate draft kings layout with a passion. you don’t have the option to customize the page like you could on draft street to just say show up $22 mlb h2h etc. you also cant filter the player pool the exact same way as you could on draft street such as total rbi’s home runs last 7 games etc.

I am trying to get used to having to play on draft kings, but I just can’t stand the black layout, the lack of features, and most of all playing against some people that are clueless to the sport, and just stack what ever team, and win money. maybe the have games were you can only stack up to 3 or 4 hitters from a team, I don’t know. I have no problem with the larger pool, but in some of the large scale tournaments, I fell their should be a limit to just say 3 or 4 hitters from a team.

draft street is over that’s fine, eventually I’ll move on, but all i ever wanted was a warning that this was coming so I could redeem my points. I could care less about getting entries. I would much rather have at least a hoodie to remember DS by. it is what it is i guess. all good things must come to an end at some point.

still think all of our saved entries should have been converted over to cash, not just bonus cash.

all I can really say is I hope draft kings improves fast, starting with the ability to customize the site, and bringing the draft street draft lobby to dk.

• Mazzone

Mondogoal Rep

The darker layout may take some getting used to. The mobile app has much lighter formatting. I recommend giving that a try as well.

DraftKings does have filters above the lobby to help find what you are looking for. It’s set up a little differently than DS was, but it should do the trick for now.

Bottom line, I understand that it’s frustrating to have this happen so quickly without much warning, but with the All Star break and football approaching we figured there was no perfect time and the sooner the better for everyone.

It’s definitely going to take some getting used to for any DS player switching to DK for the first time – just as there was a learning curve when you first found DS, or when we made changes to the lobby. We’ll do our best to help make that transition as smooth as possible.

Just remember that even though the DraftStreet brand is gone, the people behind everything you loved about DraftStreet are still right here with you at DraftKings. Continue to send us your feedback while giving us a chance and some time to make a difference.

Thanks again for all the support.

• Putz

@Mazzone said…

The darker layout may take some getting used to. The mobile app has much lighter formatting. I recommend giving that a try as well.

DraftKings does have filters above the lobby to help find what you are looking for. It’s set up a little differently than DS was, but it should do the trick for now.

Bottom line, I understand that it’s frustrating to have this happen so quickly without much warning, but with the All Star break and football approaching we figured there was no perfect time and the sooner the better for everyone.

It’s definitely going to take some getting used to for any DS player switching to DK for the first time – just as there was a learning curve when you first found DS, or when we made changes to the lobby. We’ll do our best to help make that transition as smooth as possible.

Just remember that even though the DraftStreet brand is gone, the people behind everything you loved about DraftStreet are still right here with you at DraftKings. Continue to send us your feedback while giving us a chance and some time to make a difference.

Problem is, I have to reset my filters every time I come back to the page. No cookie to remember or user preference tied to login?

• bmac5888

• Blogger of the Month

@Mazzone said…

Mazzone when do you think we will see some of these features coming. I only play mlb pickems and now I have nothing to play as in baseball im not a cap guy.

• Mazzone

Mondogoal Rep

Hey Bmac,
    There’s a bunch to do in terms of the transition and evaluating everything we plan to bring over. As soon as I have some more concrete timelines I’ll try to pass those along, don’t want to mislead you with something that doesn’t turn out to be accurate. Still a lot to do, but we’ve started to prioritize and I’m excited about what’s in store.

• wavegoodbye

Cliffs: op is mad cause layout is in black and player pool is clueless…

• bmac5888

• Blogger of the Month

@Mazzone said…

Hey Bmac,
    There’s a bunch to do in terms of the transition and evaluating everything we plan to bring over. As soon as I have some more concrete timelines I’ll try to pass those along, don’t want to mislead you with something that doesn’t turn out to be accurate. Still a lot to do, but we’ve started to prioritize and I’m excited about what’s in store.

No problem appreciate the honesty. Im excited about the possibilities for you guys just hope we dont lose some of the things we couldn’t get elsewhere.

• pootnami

Yo jerzey! You must be a blast to be around when a girl dumps you, or your favorite pizza place closes. Get over it bro. If your a true degen, you’ll be back on the horse soon!!

• tommyboy42609

@wavegoodbye said…

Cliffs: op is mad cause layout is in black and player pool is clueless…

OP has a point when you allow stacking, remove a P spot, and take away a flex.

Mazz, do you know if there is any chance of a larger roster when NFL comes out? I still have a huge hole in my heart DS is gone especially for NFL but if DK still has K, 1 QB and no flex I don’t know where I’ll be going for NFL but it won’t be on DK.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).