MLB FORUM

Comments

• JMToWin

• x2

2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

MLB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry – I had to get that out of my system.

In case you haven’t heard, we’re making some big, exciting changes with our Premium platform this MLB season. Our goal is for the RotoGrinders Premium platform to provide the best DFS content that can be found anywhere online. Plain and simple. And the changes we are implementing for MLB constitute several huge leaps in that direction. I seriously believe you will not find better across-the-board content anywhere else online!

You can find a full breakdown of what we’ll be offering to Premium subscribers here!

But to give you a quick overview:

FanDuel subscribers will have three in-depth, data/research-driven articles each week from the only two-time $1 million winner in the history of MLB DFS – CheeseIsGood!

DraftKings subscribers will have three in-depth, data/research-driven articles each week from one of the most consistently dominant players in MLB DFS history – STLCardinals84!

Subscribers on each site will also get a pair of in-depth, data/research-driven articles each week from yours truly, with my MLB Edge being tailored to FanDuel two days a week and to DraftKings two days a week. (Hint: that also means subscribers on both sites get three articles from Cheese, three articles from STL, and four articles from me. Boom!)

We have overhauled our pitching article and our tourney picks article to take them next-level (I’m really pumped about these!).

We have also added a couple awesome strategy articles, with ‘Game Plan’ and ‘All-Value Lineup,’ which will be headed up by HeadChopper and DraftCheat respectively (click the link above for more details on these).

Our Expert Consensus Rankings will now be more focused on point-per-dollar rankings than just on raw points, and we’ll be tracking Accuracy Rankings, so readers can follow along throughout the season and see who the most accurate rankers are!

We’ll also still have the great Notorious heading up Expert Chat, and Noto will now be heading up the Cheat Sheet as well.

To recap, here’s the full list of our FD and DK offerings, and don’t forget that we also have Incentives for FantasyAces, Yahoo, FantasyDraft, Draftpot, FantasyFeud and DraftDay!:

• Expert Consensus Rankings
    • Daily Cheat Sheets (spearheaded by Notorious)
    • Premium Feature Article (in-depth analysis from CheeseIsGood, STLCardinals84 and JMToWin)
    • Game Selection (NEW for 2016)
    • Pitching Primer (NEW for 2016)
    • All-Value Lineup (NEW for 2016)
    • Tournament Tactics (NEW for 2016)
    • Bargain Bin Ballers
    • Expert Chat

I wanted to drop all this into the forums for two reasons. 1) I’m just plain excited about it, and wanted to share with all of you! 2) I wanted to open a space where I could get your thoughts. Hopefully all of you are pumped about what you’ll be seeing this year in Premium! Keep in mind that I’m heading up Premium content these days – from a creative perspective – so drop me a line in this forum or on Twitter with any thoughts you have. I am no different from any other human being in that positive feedback fills my tank, so if you’re pumped about all of this, let us know! – but also, if you have any thoughts on other things you would like to see, drop me a line on that as well.

Head on over to our Premium page and get started on your way to becoming a more profitable DFS player!

One more thing:

MLB!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fantisserie

JMtoWin,

Does RG post historical ownership percentages for MLB anywhere?

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion

• 2016 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

@Fantisserie said...

JMtoWin,

Does RG post historical ownership percentages for MLB anywhere?

We don’t currently have this, but love the idea, and are looking into changing that.

• Stonewashedjack

JMtoWin, I have some questions and if you would answer them i would appreciate it. i really liked your articles and your live appearances for the NFL season last year.
    the questions are all Incentives related:
    1) what is the difference between “Incentives” and Premium Incentives”?
    2) what is the price difference between the two?
    3) if i wanted them for Fanduel and for Draftkings is that 2 separate purchases or is it when i purchase incentives i get them for all sites for 1 price?

• Ross
    @Stonewashedjack said...

3) if i wanted them for Fanduel and for Draftkings is that 2 separate purchases or is it when i purchase incentives i get them for all sites for 1 price?

Hi,

1. These are the same, we changed our button in the header from incentives to premium recently.
    2. Pricing varies by site and subscription type. Full details can be found here by clicking a site and sport. From there you can also see the writers and content by site.
    3. We offer quite a few different options and they are all site specific. Our most popular subscription is the monthly subscription. This gets you access to all sports for one site for 30 days.
    We also have single sport full season subscriptions available. These are great for people who are primarily interested in one sport (MLB). This gets you access to MLB premium content for one site for the entire MLB season.
    Free trials for all subscription types are also available.

• JMToWin

• x2

@Stonewashedjack said...

JMtoWin, I have some questions and if you would answer them i would appreciate it. i really liked your articles and your live appearances for the NFL season last year.
    the questions are all Incentives related:

What RRT said :)

• ramagosr

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

I compliment you enough, JM, but rest assured I think this is a breathtaking improvement and had no doubt you’d take things to this kind of a level. Putting you in this position is literally the best thing RG could have done this season. Adding in the Game Plan article was an awesome surprise. Varying game types and game loads by slate is something I just started to figure out during the last half of CBB this year and it was huge for my profitability. I can’t wait to hear some expert takes in that realm on a regular basis. I’ve already told you the daily narrative article is a gigantic leap forward, and I’m one of those guys who’s ROI was 15-20% higher Tuesday/Friday than my other days.
    The only suggestion I would have is to consider rotating Cheese and Cards between the sites for their narrative articles occasionally. They’re both great minds and it would be great to have takes from both of them occasionally on a given site. I guess that goes to something I’ve wondered in general, and obviously RG has enough data to figure this out, but are a large percentage of premium members actually buying subscriptions to multiple sites? I definitely felt last year that there wasn’t enough added value to pay monthly for a second subscription, which is nothing against what was provided, but genuinely because so much comes with a single subscription and so much of that info is translatable as long as you’re not some “plug in the expert picks” kind of player. The addition of the different in depth articles does add some unique value to having multiple sites for a player, so in that sense I think it’s a smart business move for sure. I would suggest, though, that RG considers doing discounted subscriptions for multiple sites. I would think there a large number of players like myself who play on 3 or more sites who see diminishing utility to additional site memberships on RG. I would think that doing something like a 50% rate for a second concurrent subscription and 35-40% for a third would end up increasing your overall revenue significantly. Or maybe I’m the only guy paying for one who would pay for more if reduced. Just a thought. Best of luck this season, and I’m friggin’ pumped about all the new content.

• Insidethewrappe

Under the Research Tools, I don’t see ‘Cheese Is Good” listed. Will he be added to the Premium Incentives ? Thanks

• JMToWin

• x2

@Insidethewrappe said...

Under the Research Tools, I don’t see ‘Cheese Is Good” listed. Will he be added to the Premium Incentives ? Thanks

He’ll have an article three days a week. For the first week of baseball, those days will be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.

• JMToWin

• x2

@ramagosr said...

I would suggest, though, that RG considers doing discounted subscriptions for multiple sites.

Awesome take, brother! I just brought up this idea to RotoGrinders, so hopefully this is something we can figure out. If there is a way to make this work logistically, on the back end, I think it would definitely be a beneficial thing to add!

• prudcck

I have a DK subscription but feel like I will be missing out on Cheese’s articles. Any chance he will be doing some guest spots on the DK side (and STLCards on FD too)?

• JMToWin

• x2

@kprudham said...

I have a DK subscription but feel like I will be missing out on Cheese’s articles. Any chance he will be doing some guest spots on the DK side (and STLCards on FD too)?

We’ll be making Cheese’s article available for all readers a couple times a month, and there may be some days when we have a bit of crossover between our normal teams!

• bstreich9

I am likely missing something here. However, how do we get the free trial? Or is it automatically into the research tools? If that’s the case, when will information/stats/analysis be available. Thanks in advance.

• Ross
    @bstreich9 said...

I am likely missing something here. However, how do we get the free trial? Or is it automatically into the research tools? If that’s the case, when will information/stats/analysis be available. Thanks in advance.

The free trial can be found here or by clicking Premium at the top of the page.
    You will just need to select a site and choose the 7 day free trial option.

• Old_Man53

So what you are saying is that we have to pay more to get what we already paid for. Seems to me this is just another way to get RG more revenue. I feel if you pay for a product, the product being DK incentives for one year, you should get that product for the period of time until your subscription runs out. Even if that product is improved, which sounds to me what is happening. I may be reading this wrong, because i am old and cant half see, but i feel like we should be grandfathered in with these new products. But i have to say this website already has some of the best, if not the best experts in all the DFS Sports i have been playing the past 6 months. Either that or i just happened to start winning when i signed up on RG———>insert smiley face here.

• Ross
    @Old_Man53 said...

So what you are saying is that we have to pay more to get what we already paid for

Not at all. We improved the current incentives content. There is no additional charge, or new product to purchase if you currently have incentives.

The Incentives button at the top of the page was recently renamed Premium, but its not a new product.

• table41a

Who will be writing the Pitching Primer articles each day for DraftKings?

• Old_Man53

@RRT said...

Not at all. We improved the current incentives content. There is no additional charge, or new product to purchase if you currently have incentives.

The Incentives button at the top of the page was recently renamed Premium, but its not a new product.

Awesome!!!

• atmflash

What about the new BATS software is that not included? Do you feel it is necessary with all this content?

• csmith122

Will RG still offer the “head to head picks” and “tournament picks” sections?

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@atmflash said...

What about the new BATS software is that not included? Do you feel it is necessary with all this content?

Bats is not included, as explained in it’s thread.

• pomppomp

Can’t wait to see what this is all about. Baseball is back, which hopefully means RG will focus on it and not NBA. This site is way too focused on NBA, which I consider to be an unwatchable waste of time ever since the likes of Jordan, Bird, Magic, Barkley, etc. retired. Bring on the MLB and next winter please give a fair shake to hockey. There’s no need for 5 hours of NBA grinders live content when on some days we have 6 or 7 NHL games and no grinders live hockey show.

• rj3494

How does the BATS projections incorporate into the lineup builder. If you subscribe can you upload the BAT projections into the lineup builder? How does that work?

• Ross
    @rj3494 said...

How does the BATS projections incorporate into the lineup builder. If you subscribe can you upload the BAT projections into the lineup builder? How does that work?

Hi,

Anyone who has purchased THE BAT now has an option to load the BAT from the Lineup Builder page (note this is separate from Premium incentives). More details can be found in this thread.

• table41a

@table41a said...

Who will be writing the Pitching Primer articles each day for DraftKings?

Anyone?

• Ross
    @table41a said...

Anyone?

For opening day STLCardinals84 wrote the FanDuel Pitching Primer and Stevietpfl wrote the DraftKings Primer. JM can go into more details on the daily schedule. I believe writers may rotate on different days of the week.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler