MAIN FORUM

Comments

• hondizzle

As many of you may have already noticed RotoGrinders rolled out an updated ranking system this year. The major driving force behind the idea of making a change to our rankings system is to create a product that can include both showdown and classic contest moving forward. Due to the massive amount of ties for showdown contests, adding these types of contests would simply not work under our current ranking system, where points are established by a formula that used a combination of money won and the overall finish position in that tournament. The revamped rankings formula will now give points on money won per event.

With this new points ranking system, all point tallies from the last 365 days will be retrofitted to represent the new formula. Starting August 18th, showdown contests will count towards rankings, however, showdown contests prior to this change will not count towards rankings.

For more details, check out our Frequently Asked Questions Page

• geardaddy

Couldn’t you just do showdowns in separate ranking system. The new ranking system really deflates the rank of your regular dfs player. Unless you are playing high entry fee contests you’ll never get a good weighted average to boost your rank. If anything this only benefits high dollar players.

• Wooden_Bones

So basically, if you aren’t playing big money you won’t rank well. This makes me really not care at all about any rankings I have here on RG.

• tmarohl

I like the format of not including single game slates better.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

I see FantasyDraft was removed from the rankings… I was wondering why my ranking dropped 500 spots all of a sudden.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

I really dont understand the new format. I get less points for a top .6% finish than a top 5% finish simply because the top 5% finish had an entry fee 3x of the one I finished in the top .6%? Maybe I’m wrong but I dont think the old system was like that. Either way, it makes absolutely zero sense that you are rewarded to a higher degree for entering a higher entry fee contest than you are for a top finish in a smaller entry fee contest. Or maybe I just need a better explanation of the system that I can understand.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@Wooden_Bones said...

So basically, if you aren’t playing big money you won’t rank well. This makes me really not care at all about any rankings I have here on RG.

That seems to be the case from what I’m seeing. See my example above. Seems to me that too much weighting is placed on contest entry fee from my example, which is a $4 contest vs a $12 contest. I hate to see the disparity between a $4 contest and a $100 contest…..

• Wastua

@tmarohl said...

I have to agree now although I was not so sure at the beginning.

• sgumike

Fanduel NFL results skip from 9/13 to 10/4 with 9/20 and 9/27 still not updated. Anybody have any info on when Fanduel NFL results from 9/20 and 9/27 will be updated?

• jimanderson33

@tmarohl said...

no leave single game that’s the only thing i win

• manBEAST

Are these still being updated? Like to check them weekly during NFL but seems like its been awhile…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.