• whodat2

When: September 24-26

Where: Wisconsin

Course: Whistling Straits, A Par 71, 7,390 yards

Last Year’s Champ: Europe

Last Year’s Score: 17½ – 10½

Coverage: Peacock | Ryderup.com | Golf Channel | NBC

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted.

• whodat2

US Roster

Collin Morikawa
    Dustin Johnson
    Bryson DeChambeau
    Brooks Koepka
    Justin Thomas
    Patrick Cantlay
    Tony Finau
    Xander Schauffele
    Jordan Spieth
    Harris English
    Daniel Berger
    Scottie Scheffler

Europe Roster

Jon Rahm
    Tommy Fleetwood
    Tyrrell Hatton
    Bernd Wiesberger
    Rory McIlroy
    Viktor Hovland
    Paul Casey
    Matthew Fitzpatrick
    Lee Westwood
    Shane Lowry
    Sergio Garcia
    Ian Poulter

• cplatt87

On paper this should not be close. US team is way stronger.

Ryder cup never seems to go the way you think it will though.

• JimKronlund

I am not sure how to do a modified happy meal???
    Any suggestions

• noddy

@cplatt87 said...

On paper this should not be close. US team is way stronger.

Ryder cup never seems to go the way you think it will though.

Not sure how the US team is way stronger. Especially in this format.

• JH822547

Is the lock timed to happen before the first matches are announced?

I like Fitzpatrick at the prices, I think he gets as many matches as Hatton, Casey, Garcia.

• cplatt87

@noddy said...

Obviously the format has alot to do with it, but I meant simply from a raw talent standpoint.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@noddy said...

Well for starters the US avg OWGR is 8.9 and Europe is 30.8. Europe has Rahm at one and the next best is Hovland at 13. US has 2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10 and worst is Scottie at 21.

• ifthethunder

@JimKronlund said...

I am not sure how to do a modified happy meal???
    Any suggestions

I’d just follow the DK contest creation that’s available: currently it’s 50-max with top-5 win. I don’t know if we have that many interested though…it’s not a familiar DFS format and NFL has taken over everything.
    ~

• manoffewwords

Like mostly American players,but will have Lowry,Hovland ,Casey,and Rahm on euro. Think they will each play 3 rounds. I will probably make most teams after Fri. morning pairings announced.

• JimKronlund

@ifthethunder said...

I’d just follow the DK contest creation that’s available: currently it’s 50-max with top-5 win. I don’t know if we have that many interested though…it’s not a familiar DFS format and NFL has taken over everything.
    ~

Ok I set one up. It turned out to be a Captains mode style

Happy Meal Ryder cup edition.
    https://www.draftkings.com/leagues/dfh3qbq8/contests/upcoming

• timusbr

@JimKronlund said...

Ok I set one up. It turned out to be a Captains mode style

Happy Meal Ryser cup edition.

👍

• noddy

@Sleazygreazy said...

Well for starters the US avg OWGR is 8.9 and Europe is 30.8. Europe has Rahm at one and the next best is Hovland at 13. US has 2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10 and worst is Scottie at 21.

As far as I’m concerned you can throw those out the window when it comes to the Ryder Cup.

• BlueEdwards

What is the proper strategy for lineup construction for this event?

• BIF

@BlueEdwards said...

• BIF

Ideally, if you knew the same pairing was going to play 4 matches together and if you knew they would win 3+ of them, you’d play the cheaper partner as you captain and also take the other partner. Fill the rest of the team with the same logic. Then hope your CPT and your 5 other guys don’t play each other in the singles and hope they also win their singles matches.

Inside info and a crystal ball to predict who plays who in the future matches would be helpful

• timusbr

@BlueEdwards said...

1) Make a guess who plays the most doubles.
    2) who is going to win
    3) who will win with the most holes unplayed. example up 7 with 6 not played

For myself, I have selected 4 from each team, that might fit the criteria above. I think I will do some research now. but, wheeling 8 guys is more than enough. Having a capt. makes picking the winner more important. I also think part of my max20 lu will wheel less expensive guys as the capt.

• mitchsnyderdfw

On PGA Tour radio this morning they were talking about the US Team being in pods based on their interview schedule.

Pod 1
    Spieth
    JT
    Bryson
    Scheffler

Pod 2
    Xander
    Cantlay
    DJ
    Morikawa

Pod 3
    Brooks
    Finau
    Berger
    English

I don’t see how Brooks plays two rounds a day with his bum wrist and Collin is probably going to sit a session or two with his back issues. I could see Stricker breaking up the pods for Saturday and pairing DJ/English if Brooks can’t go.

• timusbr

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

I could see Stricker breaking up the pods for Saturday and pairing DJ/English if Brooks can’t go.

good info,

then your take is something I would disagree with. I have thought that the US Ryder Cup team is less flexable than the euro’s. I am willing to take the info above as a legit source of narrowing down pairs possibilities.
    After reviewing the pods, I will go 1 step further to say, the first 2 in each pod are in all doubles and the second 2 are the subs list

cant wait to see if I am correct on this.

• byo34

Will have to wait until Thursday when they announce Fridays pairings to start seriously building IMO.

Have done really well in this type of format with the Presidents Cup and also the 2 match play events, hoping that cashing streak continues. Definitely the type of event you can have an edge in, people will build lineups that cannot be optimal and it helps.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Looks like all us degens like Match Play! HM is full. Mind putting another one up Jim or does whoever needs in just want to start if we ever need another? I’ll hold up and see if we have more interested. Haven’t even started looking at this yet.

NFL, NFTs (Tiger today & this week), and grinding out MLB still.

• JimKronlund

@hautalak said...

Looks like all us degens like Match Play! HM is full. Mind putting another one up Jim or does whoever needs in just want to start if we ever need another? I’ll hold up and see if we have more interested. Haven’t even started looking at this yet.

NFL, NFTs (Tiger today & this week), and grinding out MLB still.

I will put another one up. 30 teams seems reachable as it starts Friday.

• titanhawks

I missed the HM also :(

Was gonna wait until tonight for missions but I had to get in the Caddie while I could as it is half full already and only doing single bullet for this sideshow

How much football is too much football lol

Winners: EURO’s behind my tenative CPT :)

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@JimKronlund said...

I will put another one up. 30 teams seems reachable as it starts Friday.

Good deal! Thank you. Hate but think I understand the DK resizing rule.

• BirdiesandBengals

Joined Happy Meal#2. Thanks!

• miggs6876

@BIF said...

Ideally, if you knew the same pairing was going to play 4 matches together and if you knew they would win 3+ of them, you’d play the cheaper partner as you captain and also take the other partner. Fill the rest of the team with the same logic. Then hope your CPT and your 5 other guys don’t play each other in the singles and hope they also win their singles matches.

Inside info and a crystal ball to predict who plays who in the future matches would be helpful

Agree. Also, I don’t see how we can set a roster until we get the Friday pairings. Think they come out on Thursday night. I don’t want to roster players who are not playing on Friday. That’s an immediate negative of 25%. Pretty hard to overcome that. Is my thought process flawed?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).