PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

After only a couple weeks off, the boys are back at it in Napa @ Silverado CC to kick off the new season. DK already has a couple GPP’s posted but there are no salaries for a couple weeks.

We will get to see some new faces (recent Web Tour grads) and some old ones (including Tiger making his return).

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

I wish thor could go bird bird but I just don’t believe it will happen.

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@slpanthers24 said...

f off thor. God damn how do my guys with these euro events always f me down the stretch. No 6/6 in weeks. Easy ass par 3. You dick. I’m looking very much like a huge loser this week on both slates.

well you could have been like me and had Willet! I am looking at a possible 5/6 with him and that is basically a 4/6 total.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

150 yard hole and he can’t par it.

• Dunzor

@cowbell204 said...

And that’s why half the time it’s nearly pointless to build a team based off of the assumed weather.

honestly trying to build around rain/storms is basically a crapshoot, whereas building around distinct wind patterns (without much chance of getting rain / tstorm delayed) is where the benefit is, as K-Roth has often said in his weather reports for golf, winds are far more predictable than storms/rain chances. For example at the british open this year the winds were wildly different for the two groups but there was no real storm to speak of that was likely to suspend play

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Here’s the major issue with the weather now… if they don’t get much more golf in today, these guys get to finish tomorrow morning in good conditions. Then the later guys have to play tomorrow afternoon when it is supposed to be the windiest of the tournament.

What was once a weather edge might be a massive disadvantage if they can’t get more golf in today. If this wave gets done later today and the PM wave can play tomorrow morning, it will be pretty neutral.

If you loaded up on guys that play this afternoon, you need to hope they get back out there ASAP (myself included).

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Got 4 lineups on Euro. Everyone is 5/6. lmao.

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@stlcardinals84 said...

Here’s the major issue with the weather now… if they don’t get much more golf in today, these guys get to finish tomorrow morning in good conditions. Then the later guys have to play tomorrow afternoon when it is supposed to be the windiest of the tournament.

What was once a weather edge might be a massive disadvantage if they can’t get more golf in today. If this wave gets done later today and the PM wave can play tomorrow morning, it will be pretty neutral.

If you loaded up on guys that play this afternoon, you need to hope they get back out there ASAP (myself included).

I was thinking the same thing. Lunch on Saturday and later start looking pretty rough. I have all 6 guys in my lineup from this afternoon so I’m hoping they pick play back up again shortly or at least get to finish the second round before noon tomorrow.

• thetitanlb

@stlcardinals84 said...

Yup for sure. Lets do please stop rain dance lol

• BIF

@thetitanlb said...

Yup half the time it works really well and the other half it ends up being irrelevant. Just luck of the draw.

I pick my core of golfers regardless of weather/tee times by Tues night
    Then if weather is a serious issue, I’ll shift a little weighting off the weather affected guys on to the “good side of the draw” but never drop one of my guys entirely or add someone new based on tee time/weather just to build a 6 man am/pm stack.

Lots of time in these weather issue events I end up with 4-5 guys on right side of the draw in a lineup and 1-2 on bad side of what is predicted. I rarely stack all 6 unless I’m doing a ton of lineups and even then maybe just 2-3 lineups. This week there was no way I wasn’t going to play at least some P Rodgers, Castro, C Hoffman, Grillo, Finau and CH3 despite their PM/AM draw as they were part of my core. I did back off a little Castro as he had earliest Fri am tee time so would have been most affected if weather guess err I mean forecast was correct.

• Campbell00021

It looks to be clear (atleast on weather.com) after 3 pm. Should be plenty of time to finish that round.

• baggerly

I’m not sure how much rain they got but it seems like looking on the radar they are on the back end of it now and it looks very spotty now. Unless the greens are just puddled completely by the end of this I would think they are playing again in an hour (maybe 2) which should not affect tomorrow at all. I am no meteorologist though. :)

• DomTwan

GG SMYLIE

• BIF

@BIF said...

Did Castro really hole out for eagle on #5 right before the horn ?

ST had him 110 in and now it changed to just saying From the fairway and In the Hole

Nevermind he is back in the fairway again hitting his 3rd – ST must have shorted out in the rain….

• thetitanlb

@BIF said...

I pick my core of golfers regardless of weather/tee times by Tues night
    Then if weather is a serious issue, I’ll shift a little weighting off the weather affected guys on to the “good side of the draw” but never drop one of my guys entirely or add someone new based on tee time/weather just to build a 6 man am/pm stack.

Lots of time in these weather issue events I end up with 4-5 guys on right side of the draw in a lineup and 1-2 on bad side of what is predicted. I rarely stack all 6 unless I’m doing a ton of lineups and even then maybe just 2-3 lineups. This week there was no way I wasn’t going to play at least some P Rodgers, Castro, C Hoffman, Grillo, Finau and CH3 despite their PM/AM draw as they were part of my core. I did back off a little Castro as he had earliest Fri am tee time so would have been most affected if weather guess err I mean forecast was correct.

Yeah, if these guys get back out in an hour or two it could still be a really bad draw. Just depends how long this lasts. Because some of the guys who teed off first already dropped multiple shots.

But yeah its easier to not fade guys when you are playing mulitple lineups.

If you are using only 1 or 2 then hard choices must be made.

• Logan7777

@baggerly said...

Iā€™m not sure how much rain

0.34” since 7:15 am.

• thetitanlb

@Logan7777 said...

0.34” since 7:15 am.

Depending on the course thats really not that much. Just depends how the course holds rain.

• BIF

@thetitanlb said...

Yeah, if these guys get back out in an hour or two it could still be a really bad draw. Just depends how long this lasts. Because some of the guys who teed off first already dropped multiple shots.

But yeah its easier to not fade guys when you are playing mulitple lineups.

If you are using only 1 or 2 then hard choices must be made.

True and a “smart” stacking of tee times can get flipped on you quickly if bad playing conditions turn into a weather delay and then a 3-4 hour delay causes play to carry over to next day and the “advantage” is flipped.

The Open Championship is only event I really study the weather on as it is unique as everyone tees off #1 for about 8-9 hours straight (no split tees or am/pm draws), rarely a weather delay over there as they’ll play thru almost anything and you do get huge weather changes within the day so stacking there can make a huge difference.

• Logan7777

@thetitanlb said...

Depending on the course thats really not that much. Just depends how the course holds rain.

With California in a drought, it should soak up pretty well. The other consideration is it’s “Napa Valley”. The fog may settle in the valley from all the moisture in the air.

• DomTwan

Are we in a weather delay?

• timusbr

LOL I keep waiting for the euro leaderboard to update the last 6 golfers on the course. Its been 30 min. I got Howell who needs a birdie to make the cut.

• timusbr

hey hey he did it

• timusbr

Euro tour 13 of 24 made 6/6
    8 made 5/6
    3 4/6
    but as I narrowed down lineups and played higher $$ contests those lineups dont look so good. woo hoo I got 6 players who squeaked into the field by going par for the first 36.

• timusbr

safeway to get underway 2:15 eastern

• Campbell00021

PGA TOUR Media ā€@PGATOURmedia 1m1 minute ago
    R2 SafewayOpen is scheduled to resume at 11:15am PT. PGATOUR

• baggerly

@Campbell00021 said...

PGA TOUR Media ā€@PGATOURmedia 1m1 minute ago
    R2 SafewayOpen is scheduled to resume at 11:15am PT. PGATOUR

They will get done with most of the round today if no more stoppages. Some might have to come out tomorrow morning to finish but the wind is not supposed to be terrible then. Seems like not much of an advantage for either side of the draw if nothing changes.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.