PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

After only a couple weeks off, the boys are back at it in Napa @ Silverado CC to kick off the new season. DK already has a couple GPP’s posted but there are no salaries for a couple weeks.

We will get to see some new faces (recent Web Tour grads) and some old ones (including Tiger making his return).

• thetitanlb

Yes thats a quick restart i love it. Lets hope the rain holds off and there is some bad conditions for these guys who go back out.

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

Would anyone be interested in me making a thread that showed the super quick way to determine what the cut percents are in excel for tournaments? If so I will put together a little picture demonstration with the right logic to do so. It would make it where you could download the csv file and drop in some info and get the numbers after round 2 has been completed on dk.

• Pickle29

Got my first 6/6 on the EURO tour in several weeks with Bland/Noren leading it heading in to the weekend.

• Pickle29

@PuddinCheeks said...

Would anyone be interested in me making a thread that showed the super quick way to determine what the cut percents are in excel for tournaments? If so I will put together a little picture demonstration with the right logic to do so. It would make it where you could download the csv file and drop in some info and get the numbers after round 2 has been completed on dk.

If that’s something you could easily put together, I’d love it.

• timusbr

@PuddinCheeks said...

Would anyone be interested in me making a thread that showed the super quick way

I am interested in anything you do with excel.

I was actually a good excel user in 1990’s. promotions and layoffs took me away from working with it. and now the various updates give me headaches lol

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@Pickle29 said...

If that’s something you could easily put together, I’d love it.

It shouldn’t take long to put together, It will not be the full version that requires a bunch of computer work that checks every player in every lineup either. It uses the minutes remaining and count functions to do the trick. It is a good way to get a quick snapshot.

• BIF

@PuddinCheeks said...

I’d be happier if you gave me (just me) the winning Powerball numbers but this would work as well – thanks ;)

• Pickle29

@PuddinCheeks said...

It shouldn’t take long to put together, It will not be the full version that requires a bunch of computer work that checks every player in every lineup either. It uses the minutes remaining and count functions to do the trick. It is a good way to get a quick snapshot.

Ah, geez, I didn’t even think about counting the PHR and using that. Doing that only took me about 45 seconds to find the 6/6% in the EURO $1K Hybrid 3-Max is 17.86%.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

No chance round is close to done. Going to take forever to play with lift clean and place.

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@Pickle29 said...

Ah, geez, I didn’t even think about counting the PHR and using that. Doing that only took me about 45 seconds to find the 6/6% in the EURO $1K Hybrid 3-Max is 17.86%.

I really don’t need a thread for this, but here is a quick example google sheet. You can copy these formulas to excel for contests with more than 40k entries or make your own google sheet.

example

The main method I use is more complicated but I think this will help more people get information for contests that aren’t covered normally.

• timusbr

Time to work on football…

Anyone else put dummy lineups in for NFL Thursday to do the actual work on LU Friday and Saturday?

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@timusbr said...

Anyone else put dummy lineups in for NFL Thursday to do the actual work on LU Friday and Saturday?

I did and I really like the outcome of last nights game. Henry was really the only play that did anything.

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@slpanthers24 said...

No chance round is close to done. Going to take forever to play with lift clean and place.

I didn’t think they could change to lift clean n place without restarting a round?

• baggerly

@slpanthers24 said...

Yeah after I made that comment I went back and looked and pushed everyone’s tee time back 3 hours (?) they are definitely not going to get it all in but without any other weather stoppages it really shouldn’t have a big effect on the scoring.

• baggerly

@PuddinCheeks said...

I didn’t think they could change to lift clean n place without restarting a round?

This is true. The way panthers was talking I assumed they had started it this morning.

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@baggerly said...

This is true. The way panthers was talking I assumed they had started it this morning.

They may have, I didn’t watch any of the early round so I’m not sure.

• BIF

@timusbr said...

Yup lots of lineups with full face of yesterday but I did have a few with the Denv D as well at least they got 7 so not horrible

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

Looks like they are back playing again at Safeway. i also made a thread for the cut percentage information to use as a reference for those interested. Much easier than trying to find it buried in this thread.

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

At least it is still raining on those guys!

• Campbell00021

Since round 2 prob. willn’t be completed today. I wonder if they resume early at 7:00 am ish. That would be sweet to avoid that heavy afternoon wind tomorrow.

• Pickle29

@PuddinCheeks said...

Looks like they are back playing again at Safeway. i also made a thread for the cut percentage information to use as a reference for those interested. Much easier than trying to find it buried in this thread.

Here’s the direct link to your post in this thread.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/safeway-open-oct-13-16-1st-event-of-2016-17-season-1447208?page=35#reply-1477065

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@Campbell00021 said...

Since round 2 prob. willn’t be completed today. I wonder if they resume early at 7:00 am ish. That would be sweet to avoid that heavy afternoon wind tomorrow.

If all goes to plan now, Round 2 finishes Sat AM then Round 3 starts during the wind. More than likely they play in 3 man pairings to try and speed up round 3.

• scsa1998

How are the scores today. I assume the afternoon guys will have a big advantage.

• BIF

@Campbell00021 said...

They will definitely start early when a round doesn’t complete – warmup is usually in the dark as the sun is rising and then re-start will be shortly after. Play started at 7:20 local the last 2 days so you can expect something like that tomorrow if/when a re-start is needed.

• BIF

@PuddinCheeks said...

If all goes to plan now, Round 2 finishes Sat AM then Round 3 starts during the wind. More than likely they play in 3 man pairings to try and speed up round 3.

Agree and/or split tees with guys starting on 10 to get back on schedule

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.