Where: Napa, California

Course: Silverado Resort and Spa North | A par 72 playing at 7203 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Kevin Tway at -14

Last Year’s Cut: -3

Coverage: PGATourLive | Golf Channel | CBS

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mtdurham

I dont know what it is about golf but I cant quit it.

Can we get some course discussion going?

• hautalak

Romo finally gonna make a cut?! I don’t think so.

Looks like the field is a little better than normal. This 65 cut has been rougher than expected for me. I’ll try not to have so many “borderline” plays.

• Cincinnatibuck

Happy Meal Cup standings have been updated.

• gunthie176

Pretty awesome week for a single bullet in the Sanderson Farms. took down 7th place, would have been 5th if Munoz didn’t force playoff then win said playoff, and would have likely been a 1st if took someone who finished top 15 rather than Aaron Wise. literally no complaints though as this payout was like 8x my best ever finish. thanks forum for all the help along the way

• JaBr

Not sure if I’ve been lucky or I like the new 65 cut.
    My 3 5/6 LU’s cashed this past week pretty nicely. 5/6’s could’ve cashed previously also, but last week the 6/6% was something like ~4% or so it seemed.

Prices are out!
    We’ve got some big names back in the field this week also.

• JaBr

Some $7,500-and-under guys looking pretty solid recently. Anyone going back to the well?
    Long
    Bozzelli
    Hoge
    Shelton
    Redman
    Tringale
    Chappell – Mr. ’59 to stay alive’
    Griffin
    Cam Champ

Im priced up @ $10,100

• jss1218

Loving the new cut rules. Makes for a more intense sweat on Friday.

Plus this past week I had zero 6/6 (which unfortunately is typical) but all my 5/6 cashed plus a 4/6.

• wigg_ESEA

RG Overall Ranking

Might max enter the 8 dollar this week and not cascade and see how it goes… having a 6/6 is huge with the new cut rule.. can’t be tilted on having a core guy of mine mc and be tilt he’s in 70 percent of my lines

• wigg_ESEA

RG Overall Ranking

Did anyone mme first and second week for golf? And if you did can you tell me your exposures

• js5734

does anyone know when fanduel will post their contests and pricing?

• lfn1992

@wigg_ESEA said...

Did anyone mme first and second week for golf? And if you did can you tell me your exposures

60x Streb Week 1 and 60x List Week 2 didn’t work out so well

• lfn1992

One of my favorite EURO events, the Alfred Dunhill Links, is happening this weekend. I’ve never mastered it in DK, failing miserably the last two years, but I’m hoping this year I crack the case. I’ll put up a Happy Meal momentarily.

Also, very happy DK expanded the QA and $1 for the Alfred Dunhill as well. It’s a fun event that IMO lends itself to MME play.

• timusbr

@JaBr said...

Some $7,500-and-under guys looking pretty solid recently. Anyone going back to the well?
    Long
    Bozzelli
    Hoge
    Shelton
    Redman
    Tringale
    Chappell – Mr. ’59 to stay alive’
    Griffin
    Cam Champ

Im priced up @ $10,100

I cant explain it, dont know how. The West coast experience seems to be different in years past. Maybe its the greens and rough, maybe the time zone. but beware of only looking at previous weeks. FYI the children of the Korn have recently played out west.

• js5734

ryan moore is min priced at $7000 on Fanduel – seems like a trap!

• byo34

@js5734 said...

Had to have been a mistake. Take advantage of it!

• Dunzor

@mtdurham said...

I dont know what it is about golf but I cant quit it.

Can we get some course discussion going?

So this course is a bit of an odd one as I’ve never been able to nail down who should succeed here. In past years there has been a mix of bombers and short accurate guys, given that its a 7200ish par 72, you gotta score on par 5s but you don’t have to crush the ball to do it.

I think in the end the defining attribute of most of the recent winners is a great off the tee game. Doesn’t necessarily have to be all distance, but I think starting with SG:OTT or Total Driving are decent places to look. A bit later in the week I’ll do a bit more of a deeper hole by hole dive to see if I can focus in on any particular approach distances or at least get a better idea if this is a long iron or wedge fest.

Other than that I think you gotta give an edge to anyone with decent results or experience playing in CA or on the west coast. Don’t put too much stock in results from the last couple weeks due to such different geographies / grass type, but at least the fairways here are bermuda so guys who were striking and chipping the ball well from the fairway last week maybe get a bit of a bump (just ignore the putting from last week).

• BerkeleyBoss

@js5734 said...

I was just gonna come post about this…wondering if I’m missing something. Pretty much a free square.

And Piercy is only 8300. Pretty easy to play JT/Cantlay/Scott or JT/Cantlay/Mats.

• js5734

im still tempted to play sunjae over mats and scott – i will most likely not do it – i think there is a hangover effect after losing in a playoff – he must be pretty pissed off right now.

• eruthruff

Draftking scoring trivia: Is it possible for one of your players to birdie a hole and cause your team’s total DK score to go DOWN?

• byo34

@eruthruff said...

Draftking scoring trivia: Is it possible for one of your players to birdie a hole and cause your team’s total DK score to go DOWN?

Yes. Let’s say you have 2 guys tied for 1st, one of them birdies and gets solo lead and the other guy will drop to 2nd which is a 10 point difference. So yeah in that situation you would drop 7 points.

• Dunzor

@byo34 said...

Yes. Let’s say you have 2 guys tied for 1st, one of them birdies and gets solo lead and the other guy will drop to 2nd which is a 10 point difference. So yeah in that situation you would drop 7 points.

Ya this isn’t a perfect example since by the end there can only ever be one person with first place points so they would have to drop eventually, but ya same logic applies to having like 3 guys tied for 2nd, then one of them birdies and gets 3pts while your other two guys lose 2pts each going from 2nd to 3rd so you net -1 pt

• ilayup

Question on when folks talk about stat importance. Especially hear this amongst various tout sites and podcasts out there. Every guy talks about what stat “pops” on their models or is most important and such. It’s never clear to me whether they are looking at (1) correlation of that stat during said tournament to performance (ie SG OTT in the prior tournaments correlated with finish or score in that tournament more than SG Putting) , or (2) correlation of a players history to their success in the tournament (ie players with the best SG OTT over prior 6 months correlated best with finish/score in the tournament)?

• Dunzor

@ilayup said...

Question on when folks talk about stat importance. Especially hear this amongst various tout sites and podcasts out there. Every guy talks about what stat “pops” on their models or is most important and such. It’s never clear to me whether they are looking at (1) correlation of that stat during said tournament to performance (ie SG OTT in the prior tournaments correlated with finish or score in that tournament more than SG Putting) , or (2) correlation of a players history to their success in the tournament (ie players with the best SG OTT over prior 6 months correlated best with finish/score in the tournament)?

I believe when most are saying this they mean the first option. Essentially they are saying in previous years of this event/course the players who had high strokes gained ____ during the week had a better average finishing position, or to put it another way: which types of shots are going to have the biggest average impact on your score at this event

• DeadBenjamin

Excel Sheets for Safeway Open. Once again, Monday Q’s are included with dummy salary.

Tournament & Season Form : Strokes Gained per Round

Strokes Gained 2018-Current History : T2G & Putting

DK 2018-Current History

• Dunzor

@DeadBenjamin said...

Excel Sheets for Safeway Open. Once again, Monday Q’s are included with dummy salary.

Tournament & Season Form : Strokes Gained per Round

Strokes Gained 2018-Current History : T2G & Putting

DK 2018-Current History

Thanks again!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler