PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

Sanderson Farms and the WGC HSBC
    October 27-30

Not sure what DK is doing yet besides putting out way too small GPPs this week. I think we are going to get the Sanderson Farms event as the PGA one and the WGC-HSBC one at the Euro one. At least I hope so…….

Regardless, I’ve opened this thread for all the golf this week

EDIT – looks like we are only getting the WGC-HSBC event only….

• KJP24

Is this a no cut event as well? The WGC? I’m assuming the Sanderson is not

• BIF

@KJP24 said...

Is this a no cut event as well? The WGC? I’m assuming the Sanderson is not

You are correct on both
    WGC no cut
    Sanderson cut

• Dewoc19

What’s with all these bullshit no cut events

• RangerC

I doubt we get Sanderson Farms… I asked multiple times for them to run alternate events and never got a definitive response. it would easily fill at EURO levels but they are so lazy / risk adverse I doubt they run it… they shrink Golf tourneys after they fill right now.

• walkoff9

Judging by the dummy lock time of wednesday 12am, im guessing all we are getting is crap GPP’s for the HSBC.

Same as last year, tournaments continue to fill, and they continue to get smaller. No wonder DK can barley pay their bills.

• BIF

@RangerC said...

I doubt we get Sanderson Farms… I asked multiple times for them to run alternate events and never got a definitive response. it would easily fill at EURO levels but they are so lazy / risk adverse I doubt they run it… they shrink Golf tourneys after they fill right now.

Crap I thought I saw a PGA and Euro offering in the lobby – nope just PGA

I guess it’s the HSBC and I don’t want to play another middle of the night no cut tourney. I’ll throw a single bullet in but that’s it.

• KJP24

At least they switched up the structure, exact same birdie entrants: 39215
    Last week top was 3k this week it’s 5 bands

• mschu1213

This company just has 0 clue in every aspect.

• Wander_Bread

Had some success last week in cash so will have some H2H and DU’s, but no cut events really are awful from a DFS point of view.

• Logan7777

Same time zone as the CIMB, so timing will be just like last week. Looking at the field, it’s a combination of Euro and PGA players. The Euro schedule shows this tournament for this week. PGA Tour says “The field boasts 8 of the world’s top 10, all of the year’s major winners and 19 stars from the enthralling 2016 edition of the Ryder Cup.” I don’t see Spieth or Day in the field, so those are the 2 top 10s missing.

DK probably will just do this tournament and not the Sanderson Farms.

• BIF

@Wander_Bread said...

Had some success last week in cash so will have some H2H and DU’s, but no cut events really are awful from a DFS point of view.

I’ll play you again in PGA (you had a great PGA lineup last weekend) but I’m not doing much this week in GPP or cash as I hate these events.

Oh and by the way I gave you a freebie in NFL, I don’t usually play H2H in NFL on weeks that there is so many chalk and injury replacement value plays and I forgot to edit my Tuesday dummy lineup – glad it only cost me $30 overall.

• Frustrated

Crappy prizes again what the hell. The last 2 years the WGC in China was one of these big tournaments throw down 20 or 27 bucks with the chance to win 50K, 100K. No idea why DK keeps slashing golf when it keeps filling with ease, they just don’t know what the hell they are doing.

• mgravity

TFF has Sanderson farms listed?

• baggerly

@Frustrated said...

Crappy prizes again what the hell. The last 2 years the WGC in China was one of these big tournaments throw down 20 or 27 bucks with the chance to win 50K, 100K. No idea why DK keeps slashing golf when it keeps filling with ease, they just don’t know what the hell they are doing.

I’m not disagreeing at all but I’m hoping they are doing this because of the crazy time zones the past couple of weeks and when we get to the meat of the schedule (or when Tiger returns we will bump everything back up). The $100k birdie should have been at least $150k with $10k to first. They don’t have to go crazy on these events and have like a $400k birdie or dogleg but at least bump it up a little from last week when it filled almost 10 hours before tee time.

At least the birdie is paying $5k for first which is still half of what it should be but better than last week.

• whodat2

@Logan7777 said...

Same time zone as the CIMB

Hard to follow when I will be watching the World Series. (and working)

• Wander_Bread

@BIF said...

I’ll play you again in PGA (you had a great PGA lineup last weekend) but I’m not doing much this week in GPP or cash as I hate these events.

Oh and by the way I gave you a freebie in NFL, I don’t usually play H2H in NFL on weeks that there is so many chalk and injury replacement value plays and I forgot to edit my Tuesday dummy lineup – glad it only cost me $30 overall.

LOL yeah i was going to say you keeping Gillislee in was strange. I switched him out and pivoted to Goodwin in the flex and took a flier on Duke in my RB2 spot which ended up not working out. Thought the staff was starting to favor him over Crowell but I was wrong about that. Only Duke and Pats D held me back from having a big week.

I’m not a huge player usually do about 5-10 cash games for both NFL and PGA each week and a few of the cheap GPP’s single lineups. Usually have about $150-200 in per week. Won every single won of my cash games in NFL this week and all but 1 in PGA plus min cashed in the Birdie, Milly Maker, etc. Slowly building that roll.

But yeah – I’m down to play you H2H again in PGA. Will do NFL as well for Sunday. Probably going to have even more entries this week in NFL as my GMEN are on bye I can focus more on redzone all day.

• forthefans89

HI all,

First post here. Just have a question on Draftkings PGA events. Can you do head to head events or is it just the main tournaments? I have been looking around the PGA section but it just comes up blank on anything except the main tournaments. I wasnt sure if these tend to appear a few hours before the event starts. Im not really interested in any other sport so would be handy to know.

Hope to post around here a lot more so thanks in advance for the advice.

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@forthefans89 said...

HI all,

First post here. Just have a question on Draftkings PGA events. Can you do head to head events or is it just the main tournaments? I have been looking around the PGA section but it just comes up blank on anything except the main tournaments. I wasnt sure if these tend to appear a few hours before the event starts. Im not really interested in any other sport so would be handy to know.

Usually by Monday afternoon they have all the contests listed with player pricing.

• Wander_Bread

@forthefans89 said...

HI all,

Want to play H2H this week?

• BIF

@Wander_Bread said...

LOL yeah

It probably would not have mattered as I had a little too much Cooper and Marshall this week offsetting the good weeks that AJ, Doyle and the other chalk I had.

• forthefans89

sure, as long as its about $3 entry lol, not going big for the first few weeks until i understand what im doing

• BIF

@forthefans89 said...

HI all,

You can’t create a H2H or accept a H2H until salaries are up which should be soon.

What kind of stakes do you like to play for H2H’s ? I will send you one later today if you want.

• Wander_Bread

@forthefans89 said...

sure, as long as its about $3 entry lol, not going big for the first few weeks until i understand what im doing

What is your DK name? I’d play for $3

• timusbr

@whodat2 said...

Hard to follow when I will be watching the World Series. (and working)

Go ….uh uh … I dont care. dislike both teams :0

• timusbr

@Dewoc19 said...

What’s with all these bullshit no cut events

Its the end of the year events.
    USA had FED EX championship in Atlanta
    Euro Race to Dubai will be the next 3 weeks or 3 of 4 weeks (all not cut)
    WGC – this is a seperate org with a year ending championship. (based on world points and rankings in the different order of merits.

The money and talent this week is in Shanghai. I too would like to do Sanderson.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler