PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: January 2-5

Where: Kapalua, Hawaii

Course: The Plantation Course | A Par 73 playing at 7411 yards.

Last Year’s Winner: Xander Schauffele at -23

Last Year’s Cut: This is a NO CUT event, featuring tournament winners of last season.

Coverage: Golf Channel

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• whodat2

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!

• BIF

Merry Christmas golf forum – I got a new golf bag; now just 3+ months before I get to use it – damn winter !

• ifthethunder

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I’ll be back.
    ~

• Mikeybaywatch

@BIF said...

Merry Christmas golf forum – I got a new golf bag; now just 3+ months before I get to use it – damn winter !

Nothing worse then getting new golf equipment for Christmas and not being able to use it until spring!

• dangasin

@BIF said...

You simply need to build a driving range out of your garage like Jason day.

• BIF

34 players in this event – what a waste of good weather and a precious week in the PGA Tour season

I’ve always thought this should be played in December at end of the year along with all the other “novelty” events.

• mtdurham

@BIF said...

34 players in this event – what a waste of good weather and a precious week in the PGA Tour season

I’ve always thought this should be played in December at end of the year along with all the other “novelty” events.

I wish DK had brought back captain mode. I think that’s really the only way to introduce more lineup variation and construction strategy in these type of small field events.

• dangasin

@BIF said...

I’d have no issue if they abolished this event all together. Have a full field event to give up and comers an additional opportunity for fedex points.

• tristanwolf

the “tournament of champions”. except tiger, brooks, rory, rose, phil and shane lowry are skipping it. 1 major champ of 4 playing.

• BIF

@tristanwolf said...

the “tournament of champions”. except tiger, brooks, rory, rose, phil and shane lowry are skipping it. 1 major champ of 4 playing.

….and also missing is Molinari who is skipping it and CT Pan WD due to illness

Below is the final field list for the 2020 Sentry Tournament of Champions (asterisk denotes first-timer):

Patrick Cantlay Graeme McDowell
    Paul Casey Keith Mitchell*
    Cameron Champ Collin Morikawa*
    Corey Conners* Sebastián Muñoz*
    Tyler Duncan* Kevin Na
    Rickie Fowler Joaquin Niemann*
    Dylan Frittelli* Ryan Palmer
    Lanto Griffin* J.T. Poston*
    Jim Herman Jon Rahm
    J.B. Holmes Chez Reavie
    Max Homa* Patrick Reed
    Dustin Johnson Xander Schauffele
    Sung Kang* Justin Thomas
    Kevin Kisner Brendon Todd
    Matt Kuchar Martin Trainer*
    Nate Lashley* Matthew Wolff
    Adam Long* Gary Woodland

• Mitchstein

@dangasin said...

I’d have no issue if they abolished this event all together. Have a full field event to give up and comers an additional opportunity for fedex points.

Does this event help boost the Sony next week? Maybe that’s why they keep it on the schedule. Some studs playing this week likely stay for the Sony but otherwise would stay on the west coast for La Quinta

• Mitchstein

@whodat2 said...

When: January 2-5

Where: Kapalua, Hawaii

Course: The Plantation Course | A Par 73 playing at 7411 yards.

Last Year’s Winner: Xander Schauffele at -23

Last Year’s Cut: This is a NO CUT event, featuring tournament winners of last season.

Coverage: Golf Channel

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

Amazing google doc info. Thanks for sharing. Where do you get all that data to put together in such a nice sheet? It’s great.

• Dunzor

@Mitchstein said...

Amazing google doc info. Thanks for sharing. Where do you get all that data to put together in such a nice sheet? It’s great.

It comes from this guys website:
    https://smartgolfbets.com/tournament-sheets/

• BIF

@Mitchstein said...

Does this event help boost the Sony next week? Maybe that’s why they keep it on the schedule. Some studs playing this week likely stay for the Sony but otherwise would stay on the west coast for La Quinta

I don’t think think it does much for the other event as this event is in Maui and the other is in Honolulu so different islands and most of the big names skip the full field Sony in Honolulu.

• RudyPujols

Was there not an RSM Happy Meal? Mayakoba is the most recent one I’m seeing on the standings, but I’m pretty sure there was an RSM.

• BIF

@RudyPujols said...

Was there not an RSM Happy Meal? Mayakoba is the most recent one I’m seeing on the standings, but I’m pretty sure there was an RSM.

Maybe Tim would know ?

Tried to look at the RSM thread and nobody talking about it or claiming victory in the first or last couple of pages – I don’t remember but you’d think we had one unless it didn’t fill ?

• RudyPujols

@BIF said...

Maybe Tim would know ?

Tried to look at the RSM thread and nobody talking about it or claiming victory in the first or last couple of pages – I don’t remember but you’d think we had one unless it didn’t fill ?

I just went to the “recent” tab in the RotoGrinders league and scrolled down and found a completed 75-entry RSM Happy Meal. So, it does exist. If I recall, the whole league got shut out on 6/6. Bad Brian Gay chalk the main culprit.

• RudyPujols

Ladies and gents, we have early roll out DK PGA achievements with a 25k iron man!!! Sharpen up your Showdown game, the iron man is a must do. Certainly didn’t see this coming.

• BIF

@RudyPujols said...

I just went to the “recent” tab in the RotoGrinders league and scrolled down and found a completed 75-entry RSM Happy Meal. So, it does exist. If I recall, the whole league got shut out on 6/6. Bad Brian Gay chalk the main culprit.

Kisner, English and Lanto were all over 20% and MCd as well

Didn’t realize they kept them around that long in the league page

• BIF

@RudyPujols said...

Ladies and gents, we have early roll out DK PGA achievements with a 25k iron man!!! Sharpen up your Showdown game, the iron man is a must do. Certainly didn’t see this coming.

Well those achievements suck – the birdie ones are a fraction of what paid out last year and the Ironman (despite being a decent crowns payout) sucks as it forces you to play Round 2 and Round 4 showdown plus Round 3 or Weekend every week.

25K crowns is basically a $44 ticket in value so if you didn’t already play Showdown, you’ll will need to spend (over and above your 4-day Classic entries) another $99 on R2-R4 Showdown or Weekend and never miss a day to collect the $44 ticket value for the achievement. DK is raking $15 off your $99 and giving you back $44.

This sucks for me as I travel into DK restricted areas in Mexico and Nevada obwr the next couple months for some of those tournies. Wish they didn’t start these for a couple months.

• gunthie176

@BIF said...

Well those achievements suck – the birdie ones are a fraction of what paid out last year and the Ironman (despite being a decent crowns payout) sucks as it forces you to play Round 2 and Round 4 showdown plus Round 3 or Weekend every week.

25K crowns is basically a $44 ticket in value so if you didn’t already play Showdown, you’ll will need to spend (over and above your 4-day Classic entries) another $99 on R2-R4 Showdown or Weekend and never miss a day to collect the $44 ticket value for the achievement. DK is raking $15 off your $99 and giving you back $44.

This sucks for me as I travel into DK restricted areas in Mexico and Nevada obwr the next couple months for some of those tournies. Wish they didn’t start these for a couple months.

ya they really ate in to use with the $1+ rule. for the cut maker achievement i loaded up soooo many $0.10 entries in the no-cut events at the end of the year, can’t do that now, but at least this week you’ll get a lot of cut makers, pending no W/D.

• RudyPujols

The Iron Man is worth a lot more than $44 if you are a small timer like me who normally resides in Gold territory. Last time I was Diamond it was well over $50 more valuable than Gold, anyway. It was worth about $100 to me. I didn’t see the $1 limit, but I’m shocked they’ve not gotten wise to that sooner. I’m on pace to get the NBA iron man without ever playing anything but dimes and quarters. Also, if the iron man runs through 8/30, then you can miss up to 20 days and still hit it (152 total rounds); that’s more forgiving than MLB and NBA has been.

• lfn1992

I too saw the new achievements and I’m intrigued. There is a 0% chance I’d chase achievements with a $1 for say NBA, NHL or MLB but for Golf it’s not too bad since I routinely put in at least one $1 entry anyway

Also critically, the “Birdie Machine” and “Cut Maker: not tethered to any limits so you can power those up with some nice Minimax and QA (in Classic. Showdown and weekly). So it really fits the way I play anyway. I might do more Round 2/Round3/Weekend showdowns than I would ordinarily, but shouldn’t be too bad.

Still nothing for EURO, that would be my biggest disappointment

• marker0357

@lfn1992 said...

I too saw the new achievements and I’m intrigued. There is a 0% chance I’d chase achievements with a $1 for say NBA, NHL or MLB but for Golf it’s not too bad since I routinely put in at least one $1 entry anyway

Also critically, the “Birdie Machine” and “Cut Maker: not tethered to any limits so you can power those up with some nice Minimax and QA (in Classic. Showdown and weekly). So it really fits the way I play anyway. I might do more Round 2/Round3/Weekend showdowns than I would ordinarily, but shouldn’t be too bad.

Still nothing for EURO, that would be my biggest disappointment

newbie to the awards for Golf so be gentle LOL

For Birdie Machine, do you get 15 crowns for every birdie made up to a max of 250?

For Cut Maker, do you get 25 crowns for every entry which has all 6 golfers meet the cut, including no cut events which are automatic?

For Ironman, how many matches are included in the period? 133 sounds like a lot but I don’t really know how many events that would be with every event including classic, day 1 only, day 2 only, day 3 only, day 4 only and isn’t there usually a rest of tourney after cut. Is there 40 events, for example?

• timusbr

Happy Holidays All.

It was a good break in the action and will probably play off my spreadsheets to make quick picks so the break continues.

LMAO BiF wishes the TOC should be at the end of Dec. Like the second day of January is any different :o)

I probably made a mistake and entered in a 75 person Happy Meal. s/b 40. we will see!

I do have the results of all Happy Meals. So I do have an RSM.cvs

I will enter a small tournament for the #beattheforum volunteers tonight in our league page. I will send invites to the individuals. If others enter via league play, they are not eligible for my prizes. If you are interested in playing as a volunteer in the new year. Check out the tournaments and dates. They are filling up. https://rotogrinders.com/threads/beat-the-forum-2020-3211836?page=1

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler