*Update 6:50 pm (increased PPD chances for MIA @ WAS)
I’m in for Kevin for the next two days and Mother Nature is bringing her best defense today. We have several games on the slate that could be impacted by the weather. Some definitely more than others.
TOR @ BOS The National Weather Service is calling for a 100% chance of rain this evening. Rain is moving in from the south and I think there will be rain falling at first pitch. This situation would of course delay the start time. If the rain does not linger too long, we should be able to get this one in….if not a PPD is possible. I believe the first half of the previous statement is more likely, but of course there is some uncertainty. This is my least favorite game on the slate, and while it is risky, it is not a lost cause. YELLOW / ORANGE
BAL @ NYY There won’t be many showers around during this one. The main concern will be a northeasterly breeze of 20-25 mph. That wind direction will blow straight in from left field. GREEN
NYM @ PHI The showers are staying away, it is just a northeasterly wind of 13 to 18 mph that could leave a few fly balls a little short. GREEN
MIA @ WAS Winds won’t be too breezy, but showers will be moving through during this one. It is starting in a delay and based on current radar, could be postponed. YELLOW / ORANGE
MIN @ CHW Showers will be pushing in from the east. I definitely think it could be enough of an issue to warrant a delay, but not a PPD. A northeasterly breeze will provide a good cross-wind from left to right field. YELLOW
MIL @ COL A spotty shower or storm means we have to include a very low risk of a delay in Denver. GREEN / YELLOW
PIT @ STL A quick shower cannot be totally ruled out. Very low risk of a delay. GREEN / YELLOW
LAD @ SF Breezy west wind of 15 to 25 mph, but the stadium design will keep this from being much of an issue. GREEN
Twitter should be your best friend here. Make sure to follow me @DavidWolter1
GREEN – Play ball!
YELLOW – Delay possible.
ORANGE – Delay likely, PPD possible.
RED – Just say no.