INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• mambaland

So i was looking at the pickoff on FD and noticed the top 30 scores at the time all had exactly the same lineup? I thought single entry would give a player a change to compete vs unique lineups but evidently single entry is not the place to do this either. is there a place LOL??

• jokerswild22

@mambaland said...

So i was looking at the pickoff on FD and noticed the top 30 scores at the time all had exactly the same lineup? I thought single entry would give a player a change to compete vs unique lineups but evidently single entry is not the place to do this either. is there a place LOL??

Playing single entry tournaments where 30 people have the same lineup is a MASSIVE ADVANTAGE.

Whatever happens tonight, don’t let that skew the reality.

• chronoxiong

People are buying lineups. We have reached the point in the DFS world where if you cant beat them, buy their lineups. Pay $80 monthly and you will receive an awesome GPP lineup and 4-5 cash game lineups.

• mambaland

i have to agree with joker…beat 1 and you beat them all BUT sort of shines the light on what the industry has now become

• kb32dawgs

We’ve been over this topic a hundred times and there’s obviously never gonna be anything done about it by the sites so we have to accept it or don’t play DFS. This is the ugly side of DFS that has become rampant.

• deaddogseye

I just posted about this on another thread but its more relevant here. Last night in the single entry $25 DU I play on FD one of these groups had 15 out of the 45 entries — that is just ridiculous and seems to violate the spirit of the game. I emailed FD about it and they said it probably is just some people who ae using the same optimizer but this is no coincidence like that — these guys do it in that game regularly.

I agree that the sites don’t seem to want to do anything about it but I wonder if some regulator like the NY AG’s office would take an interest in this. My guess is that if someone brought this to them they might.

• TheRyanFlaherty

@jokerswild22 said...

Playing single entry tournaments where 30 people have the same lineup is a MASSIVE ADVANTAGE.

Whatever happens tonight, don’t let that skew the reality.

Losing players becoming profitable by purchasing professionally built lineups is not an ADVANTAGE.

• jokerswild22

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

Losing players becoming profitable by purchasing professionally built lineups is not an ADVANTAGE.

Those are not professionally built lineups. Those are some stoner kids clicking optimize on FantasyLabs and giving it to idiots who paid them.

• RBL4LIFE

New Jersey just passed a bill that taxes DFS sites and regulates them some one will be watching them to make sure there isn’t any cheating

• easternmh

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Bad look for the industry ….

• deaddogseye

@RBL4LIFE said...

New Jersey just passed a bill that taxes DFS sites and regulates them some one will be watching them to make sure there isn’t any cheating

Unfortunately There is no way any regulators would pick up on an issue like this or take any action unless someone actually makes a complaint to them. It’s just not the way they work. That being said if someone went to them and alerted them to the fact that the sites are holding out games as single entry but are allowing affiliated groups of people to coordinate their entries it wouldn’t shock me if they took an interest in the issue.

• jokerswild22

It’s also not cheating.

Those guys have access to the same players before lock with the same prices.

Cheating in the scandal world of DFS is circumventing entry limits with multiple accounts or knowing ownership on players and adjusting your lineup on a competitors site to win money.

People using the same lineup is not cheating.

• mambaland

so if you were in charge what would you do? The big dogs have always used the same lineups and no one cares. You cant just regulate everything and any business has the right to do what they want and people have the right to do what they want. So play or do not play that is the choice…make it wisely

• Roma315

Let them buy lineups. Sometimes they will win but majority of the time they Min cash at best. People only notice when they cash in the top 20.

Off topic. The most insane cash I saw last year was early only slate in MLB. One guy entered the same lineup 120xs and had the 1-120 spot locked 😂😂😂. I only knew once I placed 121 like wtf

• Robseaver

There really isn’t anything the sites can do about it. What are they going to do ban them and say you can’t have the same lu as anyone else?

• krpdmb

DK has it as unacceptable behavior. Any use of pre-built lineups acquired from 3rd party websites or engaging in the distribution of such lineups. Example: You don’t feel like drafting lineups so you sign up for a website that sends subscribers a lineup every night. They don’t send out a direct lineup for DK, just a starter lineup with options. I doubt DK can actually police this, but the threat of losing your DK account seems to work, not worth the risk.

• deaddogseye

in smaller single entry field games would it be technologically feasible and reasonable to require lineups to differ? You try to enter a lineup and its rejected if someone else has it already. Im talking out of self interest but when they take 17 slots in a 45 player field it makes the game a joke whether its an advantage or not.

• edro990

The alternative is to play on Draft. They don’t offer the large prize pools like DK and FD, but you also don’t have to deal with the lineup selling issue. I’ve been with them from the beginning and if their early NFL offerings are any indication, they could be making a strong push to take things to the next level. The opportunity is there for them and I really hope they can be a game changer. They are by far my favorite site. Anyone who is frustrated with DK and FD should give them a shot.

• jokerswild22

@krpdmb said...

DK has it as unacceptable behavior. Any use of pre-built lineups acquired from 3rd party websites or engaging in the distribution of such lineups. Example: You don’t feel like drafting lineups so you sign up for a website that sends subscribers a lineup every night. They don’t send out a direct lineup for DK, just a starter lineup with options. I doubt DK can actually police this, but the threat of losing your DK account seems to work, not worth the risk.

have yet to hear of a single time this was enforced.

• BobbyTheBrain

I stopped playing 2 weeks ago totally. Completely disgusted with it. The lineup sharing, guys teaming up to take advantage of entry limits, its all BS. The argument that theybdont win majority of the time is also complete bs. Follow the leaderboards nightly…its the same guys with the same core players mixed in with 200 different lineups. You think its bad now, wait til football season. These scam artists have had a whole yr to find a way to beat the system and he average joes like myself. Donate the money to hurricane relief rather than making a rich guy richer

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.