MAIN FORUM

Comments

• mb3030

RG Overall Ranking

I am a professional poker player, but during the NFL and NBA seasons DFS is my main source of income (it has been for the past 3 years anyway). I am looking for a research partner or assistant who can help me with data gathering/entry/analysis as I do some backtesting on past slates to compare the long-term ROIs of different types of lineups, stacks, and strategies. Our main tools will be Excel, ResultsDB and Lineup Rewind (and/or python if you are a programmer).

If interested, PM me with a little about your background (DFS or otherwise), and we can discuss further.

• mb3030

RG Overall Ranking

Received some questions about whether, and how much, I’d be willing to compensate someone for the data gathering & data entry part of the process.

The answers are yes, and about $10+/hour to start, for around 20-40 hours/week the next few weeks and probably closer to 10-20 hours/week thereafter for the right person.

• mambaland

what makes a person a pro>?? do they have to win a certain amount each year…have a podcast? what

• Jvanspro

$10/hr isn’t a partnership. That’s a gopher.

• bozzburg

@mb3030 said...

I am a professional poker player, but during the NFL and NBA seasons DFS is my main source of income (it has been for the past 3 years anyway). I am looking for a research partner or assistant who can help me with data gathering/entry/analysis as I do some backtesting on past slates to compare the long-term ROIs of different types of lineups, stacks, and strategies. Our main tools will be Excel, ResultsDB and Lineup Rewind (and/or python if you are a programmer).

If interested, PM me with a little about your background (DFS or otherwise), and we can discuss further.

I do this semi-professionally. I work full time and I spend MOST of my “free” time handicapping. With all due respect, the amount of hourly pay you offering is paltry compared to the amount of information that is going to be ingested while doing this research. I have been handicapping for almost 20 years and if my days work of handicapping ends up amounting to only $10.00 an hour, it’s not a good day.

As for DFS purposes, I see you have a decent overall ranking. If you are doing this full time as your main source of income, why do you need the extra help? I would be interested in helping you along, but it would take a % of winnings and the hourly pay to entice me. I already do all the work you are speaking of on a daily basis and I know how mentally consuming it is.

Why not try to join the “syndicate” boys who do this full time and collude with one another and then say they don’t?

• Gambler

Wow 20-40hrs a week for $10hr heh

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler