PGA FORUM

Comments

• MrSnuffleupagus

New tourney on DK with a 1$ entry and winner take all with 5880 players : ) max entries of 50.
    I’m already maxed out !!

• Putz

Winner take all? Lol

• MrSnuffleupagus

@Putz said...

Winner take all? Lol

he’ll yea, it’s pretty fun. Throw 50 in and sweat with me.

• Putz

Doing bankroll building now. Maybe later in the season. That contest is like craps: it’s fun, but in the end you know you’ll likely lose.

• Master_JJ

I’m going to try my hand at golf this season. NBA is killing me… I’m down so much right now. I played 3 lineups last PGA tourney in the quarter arcade just to see what kind of lineups win. cashed on one of them for $1.25. Seems like I should use one stud that I liked by everyone and then for the rest look at who has done well on that course in the past. Or at least that’s what worked on my test run for golf.

• MrSnuffleupagus

@Putz said...

Winner take all? Lol

Keep it up master JJ. Did you find it more fun to play vs other sports ?

• Master_JJ

I found it to be more entertaining because it’s not over just 1 night. I liked the longer tournament style. It kind of gave a feeling that my measly little quarter bet was lasting and keeping me entertained throughout the weekend. Also it makes golf pretty fun to watch when you can cheer for more than just 1 or 2 people.

• tprokopenko

@Master_JJ said...

I’m going to try my hand at golf this season. NBA is killing me… I’m down so much right now. I played 3 lineups last PGA tourney in the quarter arcade just to see what kind of lineups win. cashed on one of them for $1.25. Seems like I should use one stud that I liked by everyone and then for the rest look at who has done well on that course in the past. Or at least that’s what worked on my test run for golf.

Last week was just an appetizer. This week is a regular tournament, which is a whole different animal. Prepare for the Friday cut sweat!

• mmccannwin

Wow jimmy walker highest priced golfer and there are golfers around half of what he costs that are about just as good. Lol ok.

• Master_JJ

What is the best site other than DK to play PGA??

• t4t3r

Just me or is the pricing super heavy on the top end this week?

• al0e_neill

Any word on why there are no step games this week posted? Hope they didn’t get rid of pga step games cause I have some tickets to cash out on

• zshatz11

@t4t3r said...

Just me or is the pricing super heavy on the top end this week?

I completely agree. Really hard to get the guys I want to play on the same roster.

• zshatz11

@Master_JJ said...

What is the best site other than DK to play PGA??

Besides DK, I’ve only played on Aces, so I can not speak for the other sites but I really like Aces product. The pricing is usually a little softer and they do not have place points which changes the strategy a little.

• scottmsteiner

Contest selection question…

I started playing PGA DFS last year, but only sparingly in the big Milly Maker events. I decided that I want to go after PGA more seriously this year and include cash games into my weekly bankroll. If I want to run 2-3 cash game lineups on DK it seems that my only choices are to play single entry double ups against approximately 33 others in the $10-25 range, or I can run trains in the large field, multi-entry double ups at the lower dollar levels.

In your experience which contest selection would be the better choice, or would you play different contests altogether for your your cash games? I’m looking at playing $60-$100 in cash games each week.

• zshatz11

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/pga-the-bottom-50-sony-open-in-hawaii-1104472

My blog is back! Hope it helps and feel free to ask questions or make comments for improvements. Good luck in all your contests!

• Quadhole

Golf is great, but I don’t like the salary layout of DK. Feel it should be 18K – 2500K high risk, high reward and if I only want to play 5 player or even 4, so be it.
    You cant take a 12K salary without then having to take a 5K and a bunch of 7Ks. Or, like the writers put out, get a good avg. of guys in the 8K area. Thus, we all end up with an “ABOUT the same lineup” only tweaked a little, who wins ? The lucky guy ! The guy who got lucky because on the last hole his guy made a birdie in place of a par. Big deal, little skill involved…

Let me take Speith, Day, Johnson (44K) and iwata, and aldridge (5.5K) if I want…. Don’t force me to play 6 guys at 8.2K and “hope for the best”
    Defeats the purpose of convincing the New York lobby that it is a game of skill when everyone has a chance right down to the last shot.

• smallANDflaccid

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

he’ll yea, it’s pretty fun. Throw 50 in and sweat with me.

I tossed in 50 from my lineups without looking. Skill.

• SeeRed4

@mmccannwin said...

Wow jimmy walker highest priced golfer and there are golfers around half of what he costs that are about just as good. Lol ok.

He is priced that way because he won the last two Sony Opens…

• SeeRed4

It still being early in the PGA season….can you really use this year’s statistics? How much weight do they really carry? I am looking at Course history, Driving accuracy, GIR, birdie scoring, and obviously SG: tee to green is always a good stat to look at. There are guys that have good recent form but the big name guys have not played a whole lot like Adam scott for example. Are you looking back at the 2015 statistics more than this years stats? I started playing last year but haven’t really set up a good process yet..any help would be great!

• zshatz11

@SeeRed4 said...

Are you looking back at the 2015 statistics more than this years stats?

I am looking mainly at 2015 statistics, but also checking on their 2016 statistics to see how they compare. Stats is also more of a tie-breaker for me. I think recent form and course history are much more important.

• smallANDflaccid

It’s all about what brand ball they play.

• ninerzfan8

I’m having trouble finding enough mid to high 7000s guys to fill my lineups. Every lineup I get to the last guy and have 8K left and I just want to stick in Perez or sabbatini because they are grading out higher for me than all the mid rangers.

• RolltheRock83

The one stat I’m focusing heavy on this tourny is approachs from 150-175 and 175-200. About 12 approach shots come from those distances combined. Last week at Kapalua, wedge play was a big factor and put to use alot but this week its more 9 to 6i/5i.

Some of the cheaper players who rank really well from either one or both ranges.

Ben Martin ($6400) 1st from 150-175
    Webb Simpson ($7700) 12th from 150-175
    Jason Gore ($5600) 26th from 150-175 and 23rd from 175-200
    Rory Sabbitini ($6500) 13th from 150-175 and 18th from 175-200
    Johnson Wagner ($7100) 10th from 175-200
    Spencer Levin ($6300) 7th from 150-175
    Tyson Van Aswege ($5700) 8th from 175-200
    Whee Kim ($5600) 4th from 150-175

• virgilecaine

@Quadhole said...

Golf is great, but I don’t like the salary layout of DK. Feel it should be 18K – 2500K high risk, high reward and if I only want to play 5 player or even 4, so be it.
    You cant take a 12K salary without then having to take a 5K and a bunch of 7Ks. Or, like the writers put out, get a good avg. of guys in the 8K area. Thus, we all end up with an “ABOUT the same lineup” only tweaked a little, who wins ? The lucky guy ! The guy who got lucky because on the last hole his guy made a birdie in place of a par. Big deal, little skill involved…

Let me take Speith, Day, Johnson (44K) and iwata, and aldridge (5.5K) if I want…. Don’t force me to play 6 guys at 8.2K and “hope for the best”
    Defeats the purpose of convincing the New York lobby that it is a game of skill when everyone has a chance right down to the last shot.

Huh? Dis English?

• ninerzfan8

Got all my lineups set and now I’m thinking about switching out Howell for someone else across the board because I forgot he’s playing these stupid new clubs. Everyone that switched to them last week played like crap. At least it’s a late start so I can sleep on it I guess.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).