PGA FORUM

Comments

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

Absolutely miserable weather for golf for The Sony Open in Honolulu, the problem is that the bad weather is steady enough through the first 2 days that there’s really no clever way to avoid it. These wind numbers look huge, and if anything I think I’m under-forecasting them… Let’s take a look at the breakdown.

Thursday – High winds, isolated showers and storms.
    AM – Winds start out around 20mph sustained, with gusts over 30. Those winds will gradually head towards 25mph sustained with 35mph gusts by the late AM. Chance for rain showers, but not a very good chance.
    PM – Winds will hold steady in the 25mph sustained range, gusts should be 35-40. Chance for scattered showers and storms (higher chance than the AM).

Friday – Still windy, better rain chances.
    AM – Winds hold around 20mph sustained through the AM, chance for showers.
    PM – Winds should mostly hold around 20mph with those huge gusts we’ll see throughout the first couple days. We might see winds taper off just a tiny bit by the very late afternoon, but still will be problematic.

Sat and Sun – Winds wind down a bit for the weekend, still scattered showers.

Overall – These winds are going to be a problem regardless of what you do, but I do think you might see just a tad lighter average wind speeds if you go with very early Thursday golfers and very late Friday golfers.

Happy Grinding,
    Kevin

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Fun with numbers:

The winning score here over the last five years has averaged around 18-22 strokes under par.

The current Vegas line for the winning score this year is 5.5 strokes under par.

• gerzez1212

Wow the slates in this are going to be fun anybody can win this

• CJtheGrump

Never studied this or looked at any kind of data, but I could be convinced that the group that had to deal with wind in the 1st round is in better shape for the second round, provided the other group also has to deal with wind in the second round.

They’ve had a chance to get used to the conditions. If they managed to hover around even-par or slightly over, they may be ready to turn in some surprisingly good performances after making some adjustments.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler