STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• pinstripeblue

Noticed the first few days of MLB that people are stacking (3 or 4 players) and even game stacking in the low $ buy-in 50/50’s…..cant recall this being done at this level last year..in low $ buy-in cash I usually wont go more than 2 players from same team but wondering if its time to enter tournament LU’s in cash

• Cpjttogether

Id say yes but I’m ranked 9700. stacking teams and games is one of my best strategies cash or gpp , I guess in all sports really. taking a high vegas total in a game and stacking it cant be the worst game plan out there.

• Jvanspro

I will do it if the slate dictates but normally I don’t in cash. If the stack doesn’t hit you have a dead lineup.

• noddy

Is it even possible to make a profit in 50/50’s and head to heads? It seems pretty hard to win 60%+ of your contests

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

@noddy said...

Is it even possible to make a profit in 50/50’s and head to heads? It seems pretty hard to win 60%+ of your contests

This is a question I am constantly debating internally. I enjoy 50/50’s far more than I do GPP’s simply because I look at GPP’s as a massive trap for players that provides a false sense of reward. For the time being I think they are, as the season progresses I have my doubts.

• ChrisCastig

My cash lineups are usually all 2-man stacks of batters up in the order with a high run total.

• Cpjttogether

that sounds like a great strategy chris. yes 50/50 and h2h are still profitable. you don’t have to win 60% of the time. you can win 32% of the time if you win the big ones lol.

• troveur

@pinstripeblue said...

Noticed the first few days of MLB that people are stacking (3 or 4 players) and even game stacking in the low $ buy-in 50/50’s…..cant recall this being done at this level last year..in low $ buy-in cash I usually wont go more than 2 players from same team but wondering if its time to enter tournament LU’s in cash

Yes stacking in cash has been going on for many years especially by many high volume players. Some slates just call for it.

• Njsum1

I think you should always stack. Doesn’t have to be a 5 and 3 or a 4 and 4. In cash it could be a 3 3 2, to spread it around. Or a 4 3 1, or a 3 3 1 1 with the 1 being a speed guy with a good spot in the order, or a player with amazing splits. IMO..Trying to one off a bunch of players in MLB is generally a losing strategy.

• walkoff9

If your attacking the best spots you usually will have multiple guys from a team. A full stack would be rare though since if its a situation with both rightys and leftys are great plays its probably too expensivento fit

• superstars92

@walkoff9 said...

If your attacking the best spots you usually will have multiple guys from a team. A full stack would be rare though since if its a situation with both rightys and leftys are great plays its probably too expensivento fit

I don’t really play baseball so don’t necessarily take my word on it. However, I agree with what walkoff is saying. Basically, the reason cash game teams end up having stacks (or multiple hitters come from the same team) isn’t necessarily because you are stacking for RBI/runs correlations but rather there is some external factor (such as a bad opposing pitcher, good field conditions – like Coors or lefties at Yankee Stadium) that causes all the top plays to come from the same team. Usually I would assume it’s the particular matchup that causes all the top projections to come from hitters on the same team, causing a natural stack.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.