INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• Volkster6

I came in here today thinking a thread would have been started, but I can’t seem to find one.

For those that don’t know, EmpireMaker started a Stake a Fish sort of charity that included Moklovin last night. The gist of it is they choose a stipulation that their followers have to submit for, and the chosen winner gets an entry into a high stakes GPP.

Well the winner last night finished 2nd for $100k in the $2,020 NBA GPP. Certainly life changing money.

For all the bad rap players get for potentially colluding, or selling LU trains and what have you, rarely do they get mentioned for the good deeds they ACTUALLY are proved to be doing and I thought the industry as a whole should take notice.

When will the good DFS Samaritan’s strike again?

• gvn2fly1421

Yeah, nothing like breaking a federal law on video for a ticket. Modern day Mother Teresa’s we have here…

• Volkster6

I didn’t mention the stipulation and to be honest it is on the individuals to submit. The act of the donation has certainly changed someone’s life whether you agree or not with how they won the entry.

I assume as the popularity of the Stake a Fish grows the submissions will become more encompassing for us all. And if they don’t no one is forced to partake.

• gvn2fly1421

Yeah, I probably should have clarified a little. Is the premise of the #stakeafish deal awesome, absolutely! And was it potentially life-changing for the guy last night, absolutely! And was it awesome to watch it go down, without a doubt!

I just do not agree with making these guys out like heroes for having someone break federal laws on video to win a ticket.

• Southie777

Yeah, not a fan of the dumb contest, but once I saw Big T tweeting about it and caught up on the situation, I started following along. Damn LBJ with the late surge!!! But good for the kid for seizing an opportunity! Awesome idea and great to see them give back, the particulars of this specific contest just aren’t my bag.

• Volkster6

Agree with you both, the contest is awesome. The particulars for gaining entry will hopefully “moderate” a bit but again their choice.

If either of them are reading this, perhaps we could have a Dad with 4 kids, self employed, wife on mat leave challenge where the submission requires you to get up at 4:55am to get water and Cheerios for your 3 year old! Or you know something else!

• carney259

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #19

RG Tiered Ranking

How is this in any way a charity or a good deed? Those things usually involve, you know, benefitting someone in need.

• JSteele

I’m not sure I understand what rules these guys are breaking? Aren’t they just paying for someone to build an entry into a high stakes GPP that the person then goes on to win some bankroll or lose?

How is it any different from staking a pro in Poker or DFS through a site like stakekings?

• tonedefrob

@JSteele said...

I’m not sure I understand what rules these guys are breaking? Aren’t they just paying for someone to build an entry into a high stakes GPP that the person then goes on to win some bankroll or lose?

How is it any different from staking a pro in Poker or DFS through a site like stakekings?

They’re not breaking site rules. The request yesterday was in violation of federal “law” (despite it being rightfully legal in many states).

I am glad they didn’t pick any of those idiots who fulfilled the request while driving.

• bigez952

@JSteele said...

To win the contest and get this free entry you had to post a video of yourself smoking weed which isn’t legal in many states. No rules on DK are being broke by this but also a questionable thing to try to spin as charity or a feel good story when you had to break the law on video to enter the contest.

The winner of this contest was the gnarliest hit of weed on video so naturally lots of the submissions were doing dumb things like hitting a bong while driving with no hands. That is an awesome thing to promote doing. Maybe the next one can be whoever drives with the highest BAC without killing someone gets a free contest entry lol.

• JSteele

@bigez952 said...

To win the contest and get this free entry you had to post a video of yourself smoking weed which isn’t legal in many states. No rules on DK are being broke by this but also a questionable thing to try to spin as charity or a feel good story when you had to break the law on video to enter the contest.

The winner of this contest was the gnarliest hit of weed on video so naturally lots of the submissions were doing dumb things like hitting a bong while driving with no hands. That is an awesome thing to promote doing. Maybe the next one can be whoever drives with the highest BAC without killing someone gets a free contest entry lol.

Oh I didn’t realize that is how you got in, I thought you just had to retweet it or something and follow them like most contests would be.

That’s incredibly stupid, and I hope they never do anything like that again.

• hypegotti

Salty in here

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

We always do things like that with my friends and I actually thought about making a website/app for that a few years ago, but I figured people would do stupid/illegal/exaggerated things for money. Some people do it for free just for the likes.

Taking a bong hit isn’t that bad, but while driving with no hands is stupid. The guy who won got easy free money and turned it into $100K. I’d chug a beer or something like that anytime for a $2K ticket.

• Zieg30

@Volkster6 said...

Agree with you both, the contest is awesome. The particulars for gaining entry will hopefully “moderate” a bit but again their choice.

If either of them are reading this, perhaps we could have a Dad with 4 kids, self employed, wife on mat leave challenge where the submission requires you to get up at 4:55am to get water and Cheerios for your 3 year old! Or you know something else!

Haha. Yes, I agree. I would love that challenge! I’m doing it already!

• bigez952

@Felixxberg said...

We always do things like that with my friends and I actually thought about making a website/app for that a few years ago, but I figured people would do stupid/illegal/exaggerated things for money. Some people do it for free just for the likes.

Taking a bong hit isn’t that bad, but while driving with no hands is stupid. The guy who won got easy free money and turned it into $100K. I’d chug a beer or something like that anytime for a $2K ticket.

That is the problem with these types of challenges is that in order to really stand out and actually win you usually have to do something incredibly stupid that no one else would even think of doing. Its all fun and games until someone gets killed over doing something stupid. In my opinion it is not a great thing to promote so others start to up the ante to do a more insane challenge for likes.

• Landa501

Empire is one of the biggest clowns out there and this reward of some goon smoking while driving proves it. The guy actually took his hands off the wheel, had his camera in his crotch and did a huge bong rip while he was driving. Empire is a grown man still acting like he’s a teenager. Moreover you have guys like BigT, CSU and others who promote this clowns foolishness. More of a black eye for the industry.

• mtdurham

@Landa501 said...

Empire is one of the biggest clowns out there and this reward of some goon smoking while driving proves it. The guy actually took his hands off the wheel, had his camera in his crotch and did a huge bong rip while he was driving. Empire is a grown man still acting like he’s a teenager. Moreover you have guys like BigT, CSU and others who promote this clowns foolishness. More of a black eye for the industry.

I dont mind empire maker except I have to question him always talking about getting “bottle service”

Bottle service is for Marks. Always has been.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler