INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• fili1291

Anybody have thoughts on this? Very odd to take this big of a stance when there hasn’t been any sort of definitive action taken by any state other than Nevada.

• soopra

I’m going to miss the site. I liked playing there as an alternative to FD and DK and I really like their approach to golf.

• britdevine

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

Its just a poker related move to show the government they are taking every step possible to assure integrity/legality

Nothing other than that

• BreesToGraham

Link?

• soopra

http://www.legalsportsreport.com/5389/starsdraft-cuts-off-46-states-from-dfs/

• ranoa513

There has been a constant barrage of disappointment ever since Victiv turned into StarsDraft. This is just the latest stupid move.

• BreesToGraham

Thanks, soopra.

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@britdevine said...

Its just a poker related move to show the government they are taking every step possible to assure integrity/legality

Nothing other than that

the biggest problem is it opens the door to other states/sites to reexamine whether they should exist in the rest of the country. thats the problem.

• BreesToGraham

Man, this really sucks…….by far my most profitable site to play on and loved their interface.

• BreesToGraham

Can anyone suggest a similar site to pivot too?

@ britdevine……..I have incentives to Stardraft; any clue how Rotogrinders may handle this? Thanks for all replies.

• BobGrinder

It’s a strategy. They are trying to leverage the fact that they had to go through a lengthy stringent process to get licenced to run online poker into them becoming the frontrunner for DFS. If they can force the other sites to stop offering games until they get licenced they will gain huge market share from players who just want to play.

• Blinders

Damn. Loved me some Stars Draft.

• mstutts2799

Oh well going to withdraw all my Stars draft money now. More money into my Fantasy Draft account.

• ElSlappo

Well that sucks, I was just starting to like this site.

• ElSlappo

@mstutts2799 said...

Oh well going to withdraw all my Stars draft money now. More money into my Fantasy Draft account.

How does Fantasy Draft compare to the rest? That’s the one site among the ones I’ve heard of that I haven’t joined.

• ninerzfan8

Ridiculous. They take deposits and offer bonuses under the guise of being legal and then change their minds. Nothing from my state (ca) regarding and moves to make this illegal. Now that will all just evaporate. Never would have deposited there if not for the large bonus offered through rg

Will be taking my money out and not going back even if they open back up. Would rather not play at all than on some shady site that is going to change rules when they feel like it

• detroittigers44

I just got the email that they have removed all of their restrictions on their withdrawal policies… I was able to take my $1.34 cents out… Haha…I always meant to get around to trying more contests on their site, but it got lost in the shuffle with all the other options out there..

Hopefully there isn’t a mass exodus like this at other smaller sites….

• bobbyrogers46

@BobGrinder said...

It’s a strategy. They are trying to leverage the fact that they had to go through a lengthy stringent process to get licenced to run online poker into them becoming the frontrunner for DFS. If they can force the other sites to stop offering games until they get licenced they will gain huge market share from players who just want to play.

Hope this works out for them, that is for sure. Also a true valiant effort to take this approach rather than tunnel vision approach of the other 2 sites.

So which 4 states are they offering?

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Easily my most profitable and favorite site this NFL season. Ah well.

• footballfplyer55567

@britdevine said...

Nothing other than that

100%. Yet the wonderful and clearly alternatively motivated “reporters” will make you and anyone else thing otherwise.

• Redskins4

@ElSlappo said...

How does Fantasy Draft compare to the rest? That’s the one site among the ones I’ve heard of that I haven’t joined.

I like fantasydraft a lot, they have been running a 250k gpp weekly $20 entry with max 20 entries per user, Ive been putting in 20 entries and been very profitable.

• jim1212

Any idea how they are going to handle live games or everyone with money in their starsdraft accounts ? For what its worth, I liked the site.

• traction

@thehazyone said...

Easily my most profitable and favorite site this NFL season. Ah well.

This. And the lower rake and overlays helped

• Vigilantes

Wow… This sucks. I was excited to be able to play them after relocating to CA. Hope the DFS world doesn’t crumble before I at least get a couple more weeks in to pay for the relo costs.

• marineroptimist

Interesting phrasing:
    “In the meantime, StarsDraft intends to focus operations in states with favorable existing daily fantasy sports guidance, including New Jersey, Massachusetts, Kansas and Maryland. “

Including… but not limited to?

This is like Black Friday revisited but in excruciating slow motion.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

It says:
    “We will actively monitor developments and work with all states interested in implementing clear guidelines for the operation of daily fantasy sports in their jurisdiction. In the meantime, StarsDraft intends to focus operations in states with favorable existing daily fantasy sports guidance, including New Jersey, Massachusetts, Kansas and Maryland. “

“Including NJ, MA, KS, MD” doesn’t mean that there cannot be others. I am in California and have not received any notice from them

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).