INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• fili1291

Anybody have thoughts on this? Very odd to take this big of a stance when there hasn’t been any sort of definitive action taken by any state other than Nevada.

• actingnurse

@ninerzfan8 said...

Ridiculous. They take deposits and offer bonuses under the guise of being legal and then change their minds. Nothing from my state (ca) regarding and moves to make this illegal. Now that will all just evaporate. Never would have deposited there if not for the large bonus offered through rg

Will be taking my money out and not going back even if they open back up. Would rather not play at all than on some shady site that is going to change rules when they feel like it

I’m with ya.

• actingnurse

@detroittigers44 said...

I just got the email that they have removed all of their restrictions on their withdrawal policies… I was able to take my $1.34 cents out… Haha…I always meant to get around to trying more contests on their site, but it got lost in the shuffle with all the other options out there..

Hopefully there isn’t a mass exodus like this at other smaller sites….

I had 0.36 cents. Beat ya. Should have requested a paper check to cost them more in postage and paper than the mailout.

• hendry

so sad :( only dk got more of my volume and its the one spot i could consistently depend on for profit.

• actingnurse

So since when was TX a state to pull out of?? Last I checked this state loves sports as much if not more than the rest..

• misfit

WOW! Super shocking to me to just give up. maybe they figure they will let the main incur the expense of the coming fight.

• bengalhockey

Whatever the reason, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If they allow MN again at some point, I doubt I’ll go back.

• PujolsJunkie

$85 out. Honestly forgot to check on the site every week so it’s probably a positive for me to just take the money out LOL – That said, LOVED the interface. Shame.

• Warriv

Just got their email. They are pulling out of all other states.

• ninerzfan8

I also want a refund for all entries that are pending tonight’s game. If this is no longer legal in CA according to them I don’t want to play anymore.

• hendry

@ninerzfan8 said...

I also want a refund for all entries that are pending tonight’s game. If this is no longer legal in CA according to them I don’t want to play anymore.

no one said it wasn’t legal. you’re not getting a refund for losing entries. just stop.

• prhof14

@ninerzfan8 said...

good luck with that

• TheFFOracle

@Unico10 said...

It says:
    “We will actively monitor developments and work with all states interested in implementing clear guidelines for the operation of daily fantasy sports in their jurisdiction. In the meantime, StarsDraft intends to focus operations in states with favorable existing daily fantasy sports guidance, including New Jersey, Massachusetts, Kansas and Maryland. “

“Including NJ, MA, KS, MD” doesn’t mean that there cannot be others. I am in California and have not received any notice from them

You haven’t checked your email. It says “Following a review of recent daily fantasy sports developments within a number of jurisdictions, we regret to inform you that StarsDraft is now limiting its operations to a select list of states. Starting today, only players physically located in Kansas, Massachusetts, Maryland and New Jersey will be able to participate in our fantasy sports contests.”

• TuscaloosaJohnny

Interesting FD and DK dig here:

The recent incidents involving the practices of certain leading companies in DFS demonstrate that the current self-regulatory practices have fallen short.

We strongly believe that there is a real need for state regulation and licensing of DFS, and until such time, we will not be operating in any other states than the four mentioned above which already have existing and clearly defined daily fantasy sports guidance. We believe that this is the responsible approach for our company and encourage others in the industry to consider the same measures in order to ensure the future growth and viability of daily fantasy sports in the U.S.

I rather hope other sites do not “consider the same measures” as those of us in conservative states will never get to play it again…well, at least legally. One interesting aspect of the hoopla over DFS is prohibition will just push it to the shadows, to offshore sites much like online poker…just watch and see that happen if the dominoes keep falling.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #99

RG Tiered Ranking

Looks to me that they are throwing DK and FD under the bus

“A Regulated Daily Fantasy Sports Environment
    The recent incidents involving the practices of certain leading companies in DFS demonstrate that the current self-regulatory practices have fallen short.
    We strongly believe that there is a real need for state regulation and licensing of DFS, and until such time, we will not be operating in any other states than the four mentioned above which already have existing and clearly defined daily fantasy sports guidance. We believe that this is the responsible approach for our company and encourage others in the industry to consider the same measures in order to ensure the future growth and viability of daily fantasy sports in the U.S.”

• steveospeak

So frustrated with this.

Joined up this NFL season and have enjoyed playing there (despite some hiccups). Definitely will be looking for different alternative sites, but so disappointed in this decision.

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

To show my optimism, I just bought a bunch of DK swag. For what it’s worth, I still wear my Draftstreet shirt. :)

• adnoble

So will they be having $10k Guaranteed tournaments as a featured tournament lol?

• manBEAST

So they are going to survive with 4 states…guess we can forget about Starsdraft ever becoming #3, this is such a drastic move I don’t think I would ever deposit here again. This isn’t how a leader of the industry reacts, I did like their NFL contests and roster construction as they always had a few cheapies, but beyond turned off by this.

• ChaosM83

RG Overall Ranking

@marineroptimist said...

“In the meantime, StarsDraft intends to focus operations in states with favorable existing daily fantasy sports guidance, including New Jersey, Massachusetts, Kansas and Maryland. “

Isn’t there a congressman from New Jersey leading the way for DFS congressional hearing?

• ElSlappo

I really hope other sites don’t follow this lead. I guess Kansas isn’t that far away from me….

If I were to find the cheapest apartment in the state of Kansas, rent it, and be able to ‘prove my residency’ with a power bill or other documentation, would that cover me? Or would that backfire? I suppose the fact that my IP address is in Omaha NE might give me away.

• nrberkeley

OMG…just e-mailed them wondering why my “Victi” balance was down to zero! I didn’t get the e-mail. Definitely my favorite and most profitable site to play. Truly saddened.

What about pending deposit bonuses? I only had $39.90 left but would have easily gotten through it before the expiration date.

• ninerzfan8

@hendry said...

no one said it wasn’t legal. you’re not getting a refund for losing entries. just stop.

Not all losing entries, I think they should cancel them all if they aren’t allowing play. What’s the difference between a contest that starts today vs finishes today

I’ll bet anything this decision was not made today. They made it last week after they posted all the contests and waited until today to announce it so they didn’t get stuck with a bunch of empty contests and got to collect another week of rake which is shady as hell

• jimmyquinella

• Blogger of the Month

I left after Victiv sold. (Loved Victiv, but it did not seem the same after)

Looks like Victiv got max value.

• habes1289

I wonder what the strategy here is. There’s no way they would pull out of 46 states in one fell swoop without thinking of some larger picture.

• renk1234

There was over $60,000 of overlay in the big GPP, and most other small tourneys had some overlay. There’s almost no way that StarsDraft made a profit this week.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).