INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• fili1291

Anybody have thoughts on this? Very odd to take this big of a stance when there hasn’t been any sort of definitive action taken by any state other than Nevada.

• BobGrinder

@ChaosM83 said...

Isn’t there a congressman from New Jersey leading the way for DFS congressional hearing?

Yes he wants it regulated and is trying to use the “legality” of DFS to get sports books legalized at least in NJ.

• adnoble

@ninerzfan8 said...

Not all losing entries, I think they should cancel them all if they aren’t allowing play. What’s the difference between a contest that starts today vs finishes today

I’ll bet anything this decision was not made today. They made it last week after they posted all the contests and waited until today to announce it so they didn’t get stuck with a bunch of empty contests and got to collect another week of rake which is shady as hell

someone is butt hurt by losing money.

• iwrestle

@kaetorade said...

To show my optimism, I just bought a bunch of DK swag. For what it’s worth, I still wear my Draftstreet shirt. :)

RIP Draftstreet.

• BreesToGraham

Well, on a positive note, my Victi balance gave me $4 extra, hahah!

• Richebee

I live in Maryland and have never played on it. I will troll the lobby this week for possible overlay

• ninerzfan8

@adnoble said...

someone is butt hurt by losing money.

Ha not at all but whatever you think. I’ve just got the feeling that if they aren’t taking my play then they shouldn’t get my rake.

• jmo26

@ninerzfan8 said...

What’s the difference between a contest that starts today vs finishes today

You serious? You really don’t understand the difference?

What’s shady is you entering contests, clearly not doing as well as you’d hoped, and wanting money back for contests you made the decision – as an adult fully capable of making his own decisions – to enter. Regardless of whether they had contemplated this decision earlier, the reality is they made it today. What they were considering before today is completely irrelevant.

• scodiggity

I joined RG about a year and a half ago and finally decided to try out the incentives with a deposit on StarsDraft. Won a little bit and, for one brief shining moment, was projected to win 15,000. That was fun, but hoo-boy, that projection was a little off. Oh well. Makes me think they may know what direction all of this is really heading or, like others say, they’re really worried about their inroads in online poker and the future of their own business plans. Makes sense, I guess.

• misfit

Just got the email from starfantasyleagues that they are not supporting Illinois players anymore as well.
    States and sites are falling fast even without the laws being changed

• josheggers

Can you still withdraw all of your balance even if you have a pending bonus/balance still? Fanduel and StarsDraft

• Vigilantes

@josheggers said...

Can you still withdraw all of your balance even if you have a pending bonus/balance still? Fanduel and StarsDraft

Straight from StarsDraft:

1. We have removed any minimum withdraw restrictions;
    2. We have removed any Bankroll Builder promotional withdraw restrictions;
    3. We are converting all loyalty points into cash;
    4. We are converting all open tickets and non-deposit promotion tickets into cash (this does not include Bankroll Builder or First Down deposit tickets);
    5. We have removed the minimum check withdrawal restrictions.

Any winnings and subsequent tickets or loyalty points earned after tonight’s NFL payouts will also be converted to cash following the above structure.

• ninerzfan8

@jmo26 said...

You serious? You really don’t understand the difference?

What’s shady is you entering contests, clearly not doing as well as you’d hoped, and wanting money back for contests you made the decision – as an adult fully capable of making his own decisions – to enter. Regardless of whether they had contemplated this decision earlier, the reality is they made it today. What they were considering before today is completely irrelevant.

Think whatever you want. They made an announcement today, but probably a decision days ago.

If they announce this on Friday, I would’ve pulled all my entries and withdrawn then. Hell i could still win tonight no telling either way, pretty close with players left. But they should have announced before contests started if this was their plan.

If Vegas is gonna stop taking your play for counting cards, you think they walk up in the middle of a hand and say “hey you can finish this one but then you have to leave”

• TuscaloosaJohnny

@habes1289 said...

I wonder what the strategy here is. There’s no way they would pull out of 46 states in one fell swoop without thinking of some larger picture.

It’s simple. Online poker is, at this point, way more massive than daily fantasy sports internationally, and Amaya wants to be a “good actor” in the overall gambling world to increase its odds of being licensed to provide online poker (and daily fantasy sports in the future, no doubt) as states legalize the game. PokerStars has made a big push in California recently, which could be the next online poker domino to fall in our favor next year.

• coninefan

I’m disappointed in the decision but they are really doing the right thing w/r/t converting the points to cash and removing restrictions. Too bad, though, I just got up to the gold reward tier.

• scsa1998

By far the quickest I got my my cash out funds. Less then 10 minutes

• hlyght10

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Fantasydraft I love their site just started playing this week, similar scoring to Draftkings and set up but still a small site but have big prize payouts and overlay every week

• ssmfour

@ninerzfan8 said...

If Vegas is gonna stop taking your play for counting cards, you think they walk up in the middle of a hand and say “hey you can finish this one but then you have to leave”

Yes, those situations are really identical…You’ve been told this is your last hand and you won’t be dealt after. That doesn’t mean you can unmake your bet. You’re gonna lose a little bit of money this week, deal with it. Be more upset you can’t play there in the future

• ComicFx

Thanks for the memories StarsDraft, one of my favorite sites. Good luck with the business and thanks for this:

“..Any winnings and subsequent tickets or loyalty points earned after tonight’s NFL payouts will also be converted to cash following the above structure.”

• lilprog

• Blogger of the Month

@StevenP said...

Obviously im biased but we would love for you to check out FantasyHub @breestograham

We have a $100,000 GPP this weekend in celebration of our players raising $100,000 for charity since the launch of our platform last year.

Totally understand if you have already picked another site though!

Steven what states do you plan to support moving forward

• theoddsmaker

i am in good shape for week 6 NFL on there. those get to play out right? don’t want to have to make 2 withdrawls, just wanted to make sure

• nystargate

@BreesToGraham said...

I have incentives to Stardraft; any clue how Rotogrinders may handle this?

I only joined StarsDraft to get the extra RotoGrinders bonus and incentives.

This leaves a real bad taste in my mouth. It’s like false advertising. Now I’ll never earn my big bonus and I can’t use the Incentives since they won’t let me play!

RG and SD really should do something more. This is not like the Nevada situation. Nobody declared anything illegal in NY which is my state. SD just decided to take their ball and go home leaving us hanging.

RG needs to be more careful with the sites they partner with. First they start out with a system that couldn’t handle the deadline load on Sundays after the Bonus and incentives. Then when they finally get things running smooth, they freeze everybody out so they can’t earn their bonus.

False advertising!

• fili1291

@scsa1998 said...

By far the quickest I got my my cash out funds. Less then 10 minutes

still waiting for mine, requested a withdrawal over an hour ago. guessing that there is just a high volume and is going to take some time to get them done.

• eperson911

Man, this has me bummed. I was a big fan of Victiv last year, but hadn’t got around to playing this year.

I must have had some points that converted, because I just withdrew $0.01!

• Warriv

For those complaining about the bonus I’m sure they will give you the same bonus (or a bigger one) if/when they re-open in your state.

• EadesScience

@marineroptimist said...

“In the meantime, StarsDraft intends to focus operations in states with favorable existing daily fantasy sports guidance, including New Jersey, Massachusetts, Kansas and Maryland. “

What also is interesting is that Starsdraft is headquartered in Austin, Texas.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).