MAIN FORUM

Comments

• wisebri224

StarStreet screw over….my wife, MOm, and I all play at StarStreet weekly in freerolls for NFL. A couple weeks back I won a ticket into a $10 buy in and in turn placed 6th and won $200. I tried to cash out for Christmas and was sent the following e-mail:

It has become very apparent to us that you have created multiple accounts and are using them to enter into freerolls to try to get free money without the intent of ever depositing. You are not allowed to create multiple accounts on StarStreet. We will not be paying you out and we will be closing your other accounts. Please do not continue to play on StarStreet. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Peter

I responded with:
    Hi Peter——

I’m a bit taken back at your very forward accusation. I have one account (wisebri224). My wife is an active player as well as a sports enthusiast (gottaluvme127). My mother (suprfanjan525), who got me started into all of this sports stuff at an early age, is also a member on your site after I told her as a fun way for all of us to compete in sports games at a low (or no cost) way and maybe win some money. Do I give them advice as we set our teams so at times our lineups may be similar except for my wife having to have her Giants players, yes. If you want me to have them sending you e-mails as well verifying this I will as well. If you do not want people playing your freerolls without depositing money, then do not allow it, but please do not wait until I win a larger amount of money legitimately and then do this. I would ask that you go ahead and pay out the money owed or if you really want me to play with some, give me 75% of my winnings and I will play with the rest. I hope to hear back from you soon as I do not want to have to get others involved. Thanks so much.

Just wanted to let any of you that have loved ones with the same last name, if you all enter the same freerolls, they may decide not to pay you either. We had been playing for the whole NFL season and won small amounts before, but now they say something. Beware of StarStreet

• britdevine

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

Thats what you get for multiaccounting…nice job starstreet.

• louiescards

DK KoTH winner

Your wife and mother have pretty similar username style as you as well.

I say good for StarStreet

• csuram88

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #66

RG Tiered Ranking

• x7

2014 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Champion

Wisebri – I’m sorry about the delay in getting back to your email. I’ve been traveling for a funeral, so haven’t had the chance to reply to anything today. I just saw your email when I got back to the hotel and replied about twenty minutes ago.

Just to sum it up since you’ve brought it public. We’re very serious about multi-accounting as it’s our obligation to protect our players. When you put in a withdrawal request your account set off all of our fraud alerts. We’re working on improving those alerts so they happen pre-withdrawal, but right now that’s where we get the bulk of them. We’ve paid out many in winnings to people who haven’t deposited and I’m sure we will continue to do so. That said we have had some situations like this before and in those cases we have not paid out the players unless they send confirmation that each account is in fact operated by different individuals. Instructions on how to do that are in the email I sent you.

• toochunky

RG Blogger

You joined Rotogrinders just to post this rant?

Even if it’s all true, it’s still multiaccounting. It obviously has nothing to do with having “loved ones with the same last name.” Do you think that’s the basis of their fraud filter?

• Socrdave

2013 DFBC Finalist

• 2013 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Pretty sure his dogs also had accounts — ThrowMeABone325 and YourLegWillDo143

• tparr

Way to go Starstreet! Keep up the good work Peter! Starstreet is a great place to play. I love the NBA and NFL there.

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x3

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@Socrdave said…

Pretty sure his dogs also had accounts — ThrowMeABone325 and YourLegWillDo143

well played!

• billsfan777

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #37

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2015 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

• Blogger of the Month

If ur freerolling, then maybe your mom shouldve joined a different site as well as your wife. 9/10 times it’s one guy using all 3 accounts

• barro

Let me guess, you and your wife still live in your mom’s basement and thats why you have the same IP address?

I hope SS takes the $200 he won and goes back to the games he won and pays the players that should have won. I’m sure that will make those players Christmas to see a nice little increase in their balance.

• headChopper

RG Contributor (OG Status)

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #23

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

$1M Prize Winner

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@barro said…

Let me guess, you and your wife still live in your mom’s basement and thats why you have the same IP address?

I hope SS takes the $200 he won and goes back to the games he won and pays the players that should have won. I’m sure that will make those players Christmas to see a nice little increase in their balance.

No bro. The mom comes over so they can discuss and set their lineups. They take turns on the desktop computer logging in and putting in their lineups and then logging out. Thats why the IP addresses look the same
    C’MON MAN!!

• viewfromtop

• 2013 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

good job starstreet imo. You’ve come to the wrong place if looking for sympathy even if the story was true.

• zillagod

Geeze, you guys are really harsh. Me and my brother live in the same house, we have different computers, but both work off the same router, so I suppose our IP addresses would be identical. I am not sure, aint that savy about pooters. But I would be upset if this had happened with me and Vegasbum. Actually, it did occur at once site a year or more ago. I had joined and then was told I had created a multiple account. I wasnt aware my brother had joined a month before, as we dont discuss our every single move we make. I wrote back to the site and told them the situation, and they said they would allow it if me and Vegasbum would send a copy of our current ID’s to them showing that we lived at the same address. That was a reasonable request, even though I didnt bother as there are just too many other sites out there that you dont have to bother with the hassel.

So in conclusion, me thinks you should all lighten up. Maybe this story isnt true and he was in charge of all accounts. But then again, maybe it is true. This is something that should be addressed across all sites, and I think a simple rule of if there are more than one account at the same address, that ID’s could be sent in to the site, with a max of 2 or 3 being the case.

• adnoble

Harsh?

Harsh is 90% of the time when this situation happens and its the Person trying to scam a site. Now he did give this guy a chance to claim his money: “they send confirmation that each account is in fact operated by different individuals. Instructions on how to do that are in the email I sent you.” I would say that he is being more than nice.

• zillagod

When I said harsh, I was referring to most of the posters here, not StarStreet. Me thinks StartStreet is on the up and up and probably doing what they can for this guy. Its just many of the other posts I found quite harsh.

• bowens1984

• RG Season Champion: NBA

Unfortunately there are so many freeroll scammers out there its hard to have the innocent before proven guilty mindset

• ldmariodl28

• Blogger of the Month

lol guy comes on here to vent, and he gets flamed.

• whits23

2010 FFFC Finalist, 2010 DFBC Finalist, 2011 FFFC Finalist, 2014 DSBC Finalist

• x2

2010 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2011 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

what next relatives winning seats to big events

• barro

I think SS did the right thing but the should up their fraud sensor so this guy gets caught prior to playing the GPP entry to win te $200. It would prevent any crying…

• First

@wisebri224 said…

StarStreet screw over….my wife, MOm, and I all play at StarStreet weekly in freerolls for NFL. A couple weeks back I won a ticket into a $10 buy in and in turn placed 6th and won $200. I tried to cash out for Christmas and was sent the following e-mail:

It has become very apparent to us that you have created multiple accounts and are using them to enter into freerolls to try to get free money without the intent of ever depositing. You are not allowed to create multiple accounts on StarStreet. We will not be paying you out and we will be closing your other accounts. Please do not continue to play on StarStreet. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Peter

I responded with:
    Hi Peter——

I’m a bit taken back at your very forward accusation. I have one account (wisebri224). My wife is an active player as well as a sports enthusiast (gottaluvme127). My mother (suprfanjan525), who got me started into all of this sports stuff at an early age, is also a member on your site after I told her as a fun way for all of us to compete in sports games at a low (or no cost) way and maybe win some money. Do I give them advice as we set our teams so at times our lineups may be similar except for my wife having to have her Giants players, yes. If you want me to have them sending you e-mails as well verifying this I will as well. If you do not want people playing your freerolls without depositing money, then do not allow it, but please do not wait until I win a larger amount of money legitimately and then do this. I would ask that you go ahead and pay out the money owed or if you really want me to play with some, give me 75% of my winnings and I will play with the rest. I hope to hear back from you soon as I do not want to have to get others involved. Thanks so much.

Just wanted to let any of you that have loved ones with the same last name, if you all enter the same freerolls, they may decide not to pay you either. We had been playing for the whole NFL season and won small amounts before, but now they say something. Beware of StarStreet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY This REM song seems to fit the moment.

• jshilling09

2012 DSBC Finalist

I think multi-accounting is obviously bad, but the “way to go StarStreet” posts I don’t agree with. If StarStreet was actually being awesome and protecting its players, they would have stopped this before he tried to cash out. Now it kinda looks like their mindset is “Fuck, this dude’s trying to cash out some money, do we have anything on him?” Which is obviously a scary mindset to see a site have. Also they should credit the money back into the accounts of those who deserve the money.

• jshilling09

2012 DSBC Finalist

I just want to make it clear that obviously I believe he’s multi-accounting and shouldn’t get the money but I’m more worried about the site’s actions

• britdevine

In cases like this, it would be appropriate of the site to re-distribute the confiscated money to the people who finished below the the multiaccounter.

Or the could host a freeroll with it, so more multiaccounters could win $$$!

• barro

@jshilling09 said…

I think multi-accounting is obviously bad, but the “way to go StarStreet” posts I don’t agree with. If StarStreet was actually being awesome and protecting its players, they would have stopped this before he tried to cash out. Now it kinda looks like their mindset is “Fuck, this dude’s trying to cash out some money, do we have anything on him?” Which is obviously a scary mindset to see a site have. Also they should credit the money back into the accounts of those who deserve the money.

Exactly what I was trying to say but articulated better!

• jerlevine

DRAFT CEO

Just want to update you guys… Wisebri just sent over proof of the three identities and we paid him out.

I feel pretty terrible about the experience we caused him. My guess is that he’s in something like the 5% (or maybe even 1%) of accounts with the patterns we saw that would turn out to be playing totally legitimately. We wrongly accused him so clearly we did something wrong. Luckily we haven’t had a whole lot of multi accounting, and most of it we’ve caught well before the players won anything. Still, this made us realize there are some better ways to do things so we’ll be working more on our fraud alerts and making sure we catch as much of it as we can up front before fraudsters even get into any games.

• louiescards

DK KoTH winner

So having multiple accounts is ok as long as we have proof we live with people.

Call me a jerk or whatever, but I cannot get over the usernames.

Look at your username(s) on various sites now look at your relatives username(s) on various sites.Do they look exactly the same? I doubt it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).