MAIN FORUM

Comments

• wisebri224

StarStreet screw over….my wife, MOm, and I all play at StarStreet weekly in freerolls for NFL. A couple weeks back I won a ticket into a $10 buy in and in turn placed 6th and won $200. I tried to cash out for Christmas and was sent the following e-mail:

It has become very apparent to us that you have created multiple accounts and are using them to enter into freerolls to try to get free money without the intent of ever depositing. You are not allowed to create multiple accounts on StarStreet. We will not be paying you out and we will be closing your other accounts. Please do not continue to play on StarStreet. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Peter

I responded with:
    Hi Peter——

I’m a bit taken back at your very forward accusation. I have one account (wisebri224). My wife is an active player as well as a sports enthusiast (gottaluvme127). My mother (suprfanjan525), who got me started into all of this sports stuff at an early age, is also a member on your site after I told her as a fun way for all of us to compete in sports games at a low (or no cost) way and maybe win some money. Do I give them advice as we set our teams so at times our lineups may be similar except for my wife having to have her Giants players, yes. If you want me to have them sending you e-mails as well verifying this I will as well. If you do not want people playing your freerolls without depositing money, then do not allow it, but please do not wait until I win a larger amount of money legitimately and then do this. I would ask that you go ahead and pay out the money owed or if you really want me to play with some, give me 75% of my winnings and I will play with the rest. I hope to hear back from you soon as I do not want to have to get others involved. Thanks so much.

Just wanted to let any of you that have loved ones with the same last name, if you all enter the same freerolls, they may decide not to pay you either. We had been playing for the whole NFL season and won small amounts before, but now they say something. Beware of StarStreet

• wisebri224

Thanks to Jeremy and Peter at Star Street for working with me on getting things fixed up on this matter. I see there are some people who see the issue with this and some that think I’m some scammer. I can see how many of you would think that because there are lots of them, but in this case it is totally legit. Sorry some of you only do fantasy sports with other guy friends

• rotokevin

2014 RG Bowling Co-Champion, CPA & DFS Tax Guru

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@wisebri224 said…

Thanks to Jeremy and Peter at Star Street for working with me on getting things fixed up on this matter. I see there are some people who see the issue with this and some that think I’m some scammer. I can see how many of you would think that because there are lots of them, but in this case it is totally legit. Sorry some of you only do fantasy sports with other guy friends

I’m sorry you still live with your mom.

Look, whether your claim was legit or not, there was no need to go nuclear and post to a public forum. You pretty much asked for every turd that was hurled in your direction.

• britdevine

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

I just got my great grandma account, shes 102, but boy she loves fantasy sports, I have her id ready to send in, time to play freerolls and rack up deposit bonuses!

Go Grandma Go!

• bobbyrogers46

Girlfriend, I need a copy of your ID and I’ll go half with you on $200. Mom, want $50? Let me get a copy of your ID please?

• bobbyrogers46

This is why maybe each site should match IP’s, paypals, e-mails, bank accounts, and credit cards and limit one per household.

• zillagod

@bobbyrogers46 said…

This is why maybe each site should match IP’s, paypals, e-mails, bank accounts, and credit cards and limit one per household.

Since me and brother Vegasbum live in the same house, maybe we should flip a coin to see who has to move out and buy a new house so we can still play at the same DFS.

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Regarding the matching IP’s, bank accounts, credit cards etc… I think that’s a bit of overkill.

IP address matching can be an issue because I have some coworkers who signed up for DS after they saw I was doing well. In our case, we could be flagged since we are on the same network during the day — even though we play totally different volume of games and rosters.

Now I informed DS of the potential issue up front, which probably would be wise.

• LgndNMyMind

2012 DSFC Finalist

Sorry I’m late to the party, what did I miss? lol

As unfortunate as this event is for wisebri, like Jeremy from SS said he’s probably in the 1%. The truth about the matter is that even if he & his relatives never play on another DFS again, it’s irrelevant. Him and numerous other people like him will never deposit on a DFS. No matter how much money they make on free rolls.

If he and his relatives had deposited money and this issue arose, I would feel differently.

I would be interested to learn what the % of free rollers who win money actually make a deposit. Or the % of free rollers or credit game players actually make a real money deposit.

• britdevine

I just signed up A ball of dust I found under the bed!

Lets go freerollls!

• bobbyrogers46

I mean if it is that serious, just one of you play DFS. Or even a crazier idea, both of you deposit your money to one account and play games through that one account.

• bowens1984

• RG Season Champion: NBA

@bobbyrogers46 said…

I mean if it is that serious, just one of you play DFS. Or even a crazier idea, both of you deposit your money to one account and play games through that one account.

2 people depositing into one account and trying to figure out who won what and whose money is whose sounds like complete torture.

If 2 people with the same IP address are clearly playing different cash games, different types of games, etc its pretty obvious that its not the same person but could be 2 brothers living together in the case of zilla.

Having your entire family create accounts to just play freerolls seems ridiculous and unnecessary. That sounds like people just completely taking advantage of the site.

• adnoble

@rotokevin said…

I’m sorry you still live with your mom.

Look, whether your claim was legit or not, there was no need to go nuclear and post to a public forum. You pretty much asked for every turd that was hurled in your direction.

okay I just got my laugh for the day.

hahaha

• cb35

2013 FFFC Finalist, 2013 DFFC Finalist

• 2013 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

I like the way joust handles it with their own currency for free roll wins. Make the free rollers put that.horseshoe win dough in play. This thread reminds me I need to play on starstreet more

• bowens1984

• RG Season Champion: NBA

@cb35 said…

I like the way joust handles it with their own currency for free roll wins. Make the free rollers put that.horseshoe win dough in play. This thread reminds me I need to play on starstreet more

I think the guy won a $10 entry via freeroll and turned that into $200

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).