INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• NoClue

I participated in a very low stakes 50/50 100-entrant NBA contest tonight on FanDuel. I was amazed to see that 43 of the 100 people who entered had the EXACT SAME lineup! I’m sure they got that lineup from an app or website (no idea which one), but facing that situation obviously makes it much harder for someone else to cash. In other words, if I don’t beat the score of those 43, there are only 7 cashing spots left out of the 56 remaining competitors (not counting me). That drops a person’s chances of winning from around 50% to 12.5%. My entry barely broke 300, so I probably wouldn’t have cashed in this contest anyway, but to me it’s kind of the principle of the thing. I’ve been playing on FanDuel for a long time, and though I have often seen a few or even several people join a contest with the same lineup, I’ve never seen anything even remotely like this. Has anyone encountered this type of situation? Again, I’m a very low stakes player so it’s not a major problem for me, but if I entered a similar type of contest/situation with a much larger entry fee, I would have felt some sense of frustration that something like this happened. Not sure FanDuel can do anything about this, but if it becomes a trend, I think it will discourage some from playing on their site, especially for large amounts. Any thoughts? Thanks!

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

And if that lineup busted, it would have been extremely easy to cash.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Last night on Fanduel there was a build that was VERY VERY chalky. With the OKC situation and only having an 8 man rotation, everyone had at least 4 of their starters in their lineup. Vucevic was also on everyone’s radar because of his price and matchup. That left just 4 spots. Most site’s optimals probably landed on that lineup.

It just happens in cash games when we have a situation like OKC last night.

• WhiteyJones8

@bhdevault said...

Last night on Fanduel there was a build that was VERY VERY chalky. With the OKC situation and only having an 8 man rotation, everyone had at least 4 of their starters in their lineup. Vucevic was also on everyone’s radar because of his price and matchup. That left just 4 spots. Most site’s optimals probably landed on that lineup.

It just happens in cash games when we have a situation like OKC last night.

This.

You will occasionally encounter this situation on FanDuel when 1.) Prices are soft 2.) A team has a bunch of injuries.

This happens more on FanDuel because they do not have multi-position eligibility.

If you were on Vuc and the OKC guys you were playing with 3-4 spots and assuming you wanted to spend most of your salary it likely forced you to the same plays as everyone else.

I would venture to guess some people involved in that train didn’t even use an optimizer.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).