STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• skleni

Monterrey and Lyon for the ladies this week.

• Kassdog

I find it amazing that every time I get a lu where I can afford the top spot they always crap out.

• sportsnut11

Wow Cilic, go f-yourself. Serving for the match and you choke that along with the match away. Paire literally couldn’t fight his way out of a wet paperbag and you somehow choke. Won’t be taken his dumbass again.

• MUwarriors91

RG Overall Ranking

Humbert may end up being the best value on the slate. Kyrgios is in Acapulco but he was also at the tournament the last 2 weeks but withdrew the day of his matches. He can withdraw here as well if he isn’t ready to go but he also may tough it out considering he is defending champion here. Regardless, Humbert is going to get a lucky loser or Kyrgios likely not at 100% and rusty.

It should also be noted that Kyrgios and Jordan Thompson withdrew from their doubles match yesterday. Thompson also withdrew form his singles match so cannot read into the issue being solely on Nick not being ready

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@MUwarriors91 said...

Humbert may end up being the best value on the slate. Kyrgios is in Acapulco but he was also at the tournament the last 2 weeks but withdrew the day of his matches. He can withdraw here as well if he isn’t ready to go but he also may tough it out considering he is defending champion here. Regardless, Humbert is going to get a lucky loser or Kyrgios likely not at 100% and rusty.

It should also be noted that Kyrgios and Jordan Thompson withdrew from their doubles match yesterday. Thompson also withdrew form his singles match so cannot read into the issue being solely on Nick not being ready

It sounds like it is a left wrist issue, and he is right handed, but with a two handed backhand. Since he is defending so many points, my guess is he will give it a go and not withdraw.

What are you guys’ thoughts on Isner? Will he be highly owned or should we be concerned about his recent form with his injuries?

• dw12290

I’m going with Humbert but fading Isner in the Line Painter not for any reason other than he doesn’t fit my LU with who I’ve picked. I do have Isner in 1 LU in the Ace as well as 1 LU with Kyrgios.

Still tinkering with my LU and if any news comes out about withdrawals things could change.

• MUwarriors91

RG Overall Ranking

@dictator_teddy said...

What are you guys’ thoughts on Isner? Will he be highly owned or should we be concerned about his recent form with his injuries?

If he was playing anyone competent I’d be concerned. But Isner very well may challenge for the top score on the slate tonight with how bad Mischa Zverev has been over the last year. I do think Isner is going to see a good deal of ownership still especially with the number of low level matches on this slate. But if he is a top scorer, you will need him on your team.

• skleni

Galan would likely be the replacement if anyone withdraws in Acapulco

• skleni

What are your thoughts on good old Sloane Stephens?

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

@skleni said...

As far as today’s slate goes, I would much rather find the $400 and upgrade to A. Zverev.

• LegiaWwa

@skleni said...

Very, very tempting to go with her opponent. Zero chance I pick Stephens with her current form.

• MUwarriors91

RG Overall Ranking

I like Stojanovic, Humbert, Bolt as upsets today. I love Felix but he is coming from France after playing in the finals there. He may be tired and to be honest I don’t even know if he made the trip to Mexico considering his deep run last week. Meanwhile Bolt has been playing in Mexico in qualifying and should be adjusted. I also like Bolt’s service game to at the very least keep him around in the match. Same with Humbert’s service game. Kyrgios at the very least will be rusty and the reason for the NY open withdrawal was a shoulder injury….will it affect his own service game??? Stojanovic really came on to end 2019 and is a sleeper today against a low level challenger level opponent.

• MUwarriors91

RG Overall Ranking

@LegiaWwa said...

Very, very tempting to go with her opponent. Zero chance I pick Stephens with her current form.

She had Zhang beat at the AO but pissed the match away.

• MUwarriors91

RG Overall Ranking

What is everyone’s take on Johnson/Lajovic and Fritz/Millman?

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

I really like FAA mostly due to the fact that he beat Bolt 6-3 6-0 a month ago. Even with a jetlagged FAA, there is a strong chance for a straight set win.

• MUwarriors91

RG Overall Ranking

@dictator_teddy said...

I really like FAA mostly due to the fact that he beat Bolt 6-3 6-0 a month ago. Even with a jetlagged FAA, there is a strong chance for a straight set win.

I just saw FAA did an interview yesterday in Mexico so he made the trip. That was my biggest concern. I still think Bolt is going to keep this close and likely takes a set though despite the January result.

• LegiaWwa

@MUwarriors91 said...

What is everyone’s take on Johnson/Lajovic and Fritz/Millman?

Millman has had better form recently, so I’m leaning his way. (Though Frtz has burned me the past month)

Johnson/Lajovic is a toss-up for me on the hard court.

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

I made two LUs.

My favorite price considered plays are:

Overall:
    1) Mrs. Rogers
    2) A. Zverev

Favorite coin flips:
    1) Millman
    2) Mchale

Favorite potential upsets:
    1) Pedro Martinez
    2) Humbert

Fades (doesn’t feel good, but I don’t think they will pay off their salary looking at big picture of the cap):
    1) Nadal
    2) Isner

• skleni

Paolini OUT

Boulter plays Di Lorenzo

EDIT: Paolini 11 % owned

• MUwarriors91

RG Overall Ranking

@skleni said...

Paolini OUT

Boulter plays Di Lorenzo

Boulter is excellent on the eyes but couldn’t pull the trigger with the injury concern

• Kassdog

Mother f’er. 5 minutes after lock and they withdrawal. I’m done with tennis.

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

Did this news come out before lock? Quite a lot of Boulter. Anyone know where to get this info in real time?

• skleni

@dictator_teddy said...

Did this news come out before lock? Quite a lot of Boulter. Anyone know where to get this info in real time?

Like 5 minutes before lock….I saw it first on the ATP/WTA Live app and soon after on twitter

• dw12290

@skleni said...

Paolini OUT

Boulter plays Di Lorenzo

EDIT: Paolini 11 % owned

I’m shocked only because I had zero of both. Usually it’s the player I have in all my LU’s. I know it sucks and the next time it does happen to me I’m done with tennis until they have late swap.

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

Damn Di Lorenzo playing like a good LL with nothing to lose.

• MotownGreek

@Kassdog said...

Mother f’er. 5 minutes after lock and they withdrawal. I’m done with tennis.

This is the reason I’ve been working on my own tennis optimizer and lineup builder. Slowly trying to transition to playing more max entry contests (lower stakes). Only way to weather the storm of withdraws.

Still single entry cash player though so the risk is always present there.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).