STRATEGY FORUM

• skleni

Monterrey and Lyon for the ladies this week.

• Baysman

Zverev 3 double faults in his first 4 serves. Yikes.

• dw12290

@Baysman said...

Zverev 3 double faults in his first 4 serves. Yikes.

Yea he’s going to ruin my Line Painter LU if he can’t turn things around.

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

A. ZVEREV is double faulting me out of the money. Smh 2 more in his 4th service game.

• LegiaWwa

The double faults were always his kryptonite. He somehow avoided them in Australia

• dw12290

Got wins from Kwon, Dimitrov and Auger-Aliassime so far. Looking for wins from Lajovic and Zverev and then my final match is a 20.4% Humbert that I’m not overly excited about but 5/6 could min cash but a 6/6 could put me in the top 10.

Of course all of this means nothing if Lajovic and/or Zverev loses.

• gje627

Is it just me … or does Sloane Stephens act/look like she would rather be any place on Earth instead of a tennis court?

Can’t remember seeing a professional athlete who seems to hate their job more than she does. In my opinion, she seems like she just wants the match to be over as soon possible … win, lose, or draw ….

Kind of sad.

She’s likely not only the best athlete on the women’s tour, but probably has the most upside as well.

What a waste.

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@gje627 said...

Is it just me … or does Sloane Stephens act/look like she would rather be any place on Earth instead of a tennis court?

Can’t remember seeing a professional athlete who seems to hate their job more than she does. In my opinion, she seems like she just wants the match to be over as soon possible … win, lose, or draw ….

Kind of sad.

She’s likely not only the best athlete on the women’s tour, but probably has the most upside as well.

What a waste.

She could just be having a bad day Not sure if she is always like this, but yes I agree with you. If I had know Sloane did not GAF today, I would have played Zarazua.

Anyone know what is going on with Rogers? She is getting whooped by an opponent who is in horrible form and who she beat 6-1 6-1 less than a year ago.

• gje627

@dictator_teddy said...

She could just be having a bad day Not sure if she is always like this, but yes I agree with you. If I had know Sloane did not GAF today, I would have played Zarazua.

Anyone know what is going on with Rogers? She is getting whooped by an opponent who is in horrible form and who she beat 6-1 6-1 less than a year ago.

Not great at this tennis DFS thing … but I can’t remember watching Stephens and leaving with the impression that she is actually trying to win.

After a point starts … she just hits the ball back … anywhere … and nowhere in particular, with no strategy, aggression, rhyme, or reason.

After a short rally, she looks so bored … that she just hits it wide/long or dumps it into the net just to get the point over as if playing tennis is a waste of her time.

I know she’s had attitude problems since she started on the tour … and her criticism of Serena Williams is well-publicized … but JC … I would hate to be her coach, her friend, or her parents/family ….

Just seems to me like a prima donna with no reason to be one …. Can’t imagine she’s still playing in two years … and personally I can’t wait until she’s gone.

EDIT: This was seven years ago … and she has only seemed to have gotten worse over the years … Bratty Sloane Stephens

• LegiaWwa

@LegiaWwa said...

Very, very tempting to go with her opponent. Zero chance I pick Stephens with her current form.

Ugh, should have manned up and just picked Zarazua

The fact that Stephens was only -333 against a played ranked 270 should have been a sign

• dw12290

6/6 with Kyrgios retiring only good for 128th place. Thought I would be higher in the rankings but I guess a little bit of something is better than nothing.

Overhead LU this morning. Looking for an upset from Bublik..

Bencic 23.1%
    Bertens 25.3%
    Bublik 4.4%
    Djokovic 37.4%
    Paire 36.3%
    Rublev 59.3%

• skleni

Juvan, Kwon and Dolehide seem to be good value today

Some prices are way off

• dw12290

@skleni said...

Juvan, Kwon and Dolehide seem to be good value today

Some prices are way off

Like Dolehide and FAA so far but fading Juvan and Kwon. Kwon is priced low but still like Lajovic to win.

• LegiaWwa

Anisimova WD, she gets a 0.
    Kuznetsova gets a 30.

Figured the withdrawals were done in the 2nd round. Guess not.

• MUwarriors91

RG Overall Ranking

@LegiaWwa said...

Anisimova WD, she gets a 0.
    Kuznetsova gets a 30.

Figured the withdrawals were done in the 2nd round. Guess not.

This about does it for me with DFS tennis outside of the majors. Impossible to predict and makes a slate come down to luck if you just so happened to not have the affected players. I will be simply straight betting outside of majors until DraftKings establishes late swap.

• dw12290

@MUwarriors91 said...

This about does it for me with DFS tennis outside of the majors. Impossible to predict and makes a slate come down to luck if you just so happened to not have the affected players. I will be simply straight betting outside of majors until DraftKings establishes late swap.

I’m doing the same thing now. Without late swap you lose right at the start or a little afterwards. Wouldn’t be hard to swap out someone that withdraws with someone playing later on but for some reason DK won’t change their policy. I’m going to finish out this mornings matches but remove my entries in the Line Painter. I’ll throw a couple Ace LU’s out there but that’s it until late swap is added. If late swap is never put in place I’m completely done with DFS Tennis.

• dw12290

Any late withdrawals anyone knows about. I can’t find any right now but feel like someone will.

• MotownGreek

@dw12290 said...

Any late withdrawals anyone knows about. I can’t find any right now but feel like someone will.

Haven’t seen anything yet

• dw12290

Had to do a LU in the Line Painter but will probably regret it in 30 min or so.

Auger-Aliassime 21.1%
    Dimitrov 21.3%
    Hibino 22.6%
    Lajovic 13.9%
    Watson 27.4%
    Zarazua 27.0%

Good Luck Everyone!

• Baysman

Wow Zverev got smoked.

• BadAtBetting

If Stan the man can win, I’ve got a 6/6. Figures I only played one lineup today and not in the line painter.

• skleni

I like Struff for the early slate, I don’t think you can afford to fade Nole

• LegiaWwa

Tied for 4th in the Line Painter. Funny cause I hated my lineup, felt way too chalky along the Vegas odds.

I’m on Struff and Nole as well. I liked Jabuer to help afford Nole, but now I read about her late injury vs Pliskova. Tough to differentiate on 8 game slate though.

• dw12290

@LegiaWwa said...

Tied for 4th in the Line Painter

Congrats!

• gwhuskyfan

Congrats on the Line Painter… of course just did the cheap contests yesterday. Went 6/6. How many points did you have to get in 4th?

• dw12290

@gwhuskyfan said...

How many points did you have to get in 4th?

It shows he had 452.85 points and only 6.10 points away from being tied for 1st place. 6.11 points and he would have had 1st. That’s close but a win is a win and congrats to him!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).