STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• LegiaWwa

$50,000 to 1st
    $500 to 9th

46 matches

Ugh, DK.

But got some tickets to use, so I gotta play.

• OttawaCityMadman

Gross X10. Got one ticket. Just hope to min cash

• Jenesaisblah

This is what happens when a website is run by fratboys. Total botch by DK.

• Undrafted

46 matches? I was going to dedicate Sunday to researching 25 matches. F THAT! One lineup and its grilling time!

• Jenesaisblah

Londero and Seppi are my punts. Also Mannarino.
    Edit: actually I don’t know. I mustn’t be so hasty to punt.

• sportsnut11

Well I don’t think anyone is going to have the same lineup haha. WTF is DK smoking. They could literally cut a few different skates throughout the first few days of the tournament with so many damn matches.

• JH822547

Absolutely no need to put 50K up to the winner, will obviously have a few shots at it, but would play more with a more balanced structure.

Will be locking in Sevastova.

• Cal_Naughton_Jr

Pshhh 46 matches on DK

Fanduel be like those are rookie numbers you gotta bump those up to 64

• Jenesaisblah

@JH822547 said...

Absolutely no need to put 50K up to the winner, will obviously have a few shots at it, but would play more with a more balanced structure.

Will be locking in Sevastova.

Agreed with Sevastova, but it’s still Sevastova so she could actually still lose to Genie. I am going all in on Seva anyway. She has been improving though. That may be a three setter.

• LegiaWwa

@sportsnut11 said...

Well I don’t think anyone is going to have the same lineup haha. WTF is DK smoking. They could literally cut a few different skates throughout the first few days of the tournament with so many damn matches.

With the NFL, they will break up a Sunday into 5 slates, but with tennis, there might be one late slate with a tiny tourney.

• Jenesaisblah

No Anderson, he has withdrawn.
    Lorenzi plays the 16 year old Svajda. I may play one lineup with Svajda. Am I crazy? Sounds crazy. I digress.

• Extravaganza

If Svajda ends up priced as a +300 or +400 underdog, I think he’s worth some dart throws just because he’s so ridiculously cheap. Otherwise, I think looking towards good players in tough (but winnable) matchups like the aforementioned Londero seems much more appealing.

I can see the appeal with Sevastova with how poor Bouchard is, but I am not really sold on the idea when we have plays like Djokovic and Medvedev for ~$1k more.

• Yeoman

I’m probably the only one but I like the big slates. Maybe it’s because I look at the schedule and figure out who I’m interested in before I look at the pricing instead of the other way around, and it’s irritating to me when the plays I like best aren’t included in the slate. Or maybe it’s because I like obscure plays. (He says as he clicks around trying to figure out which X. Wang is which…)

I understand the Svajda inclination but we’re talking about a guy that’s 5’9” 130 whose biggest win of the year was over Dragos Constantin Ignat.

• Yeoman

@Extravaganza said...

I can see the appeal with Sevastova with how poor Bouchard is, but I am not really sold on the idea when we have plays like Djokovic and Medvedev for ~$1k more.

I suppose my usual comment about Bouchard applies to her opponents as well. She draws attention; her opponents are probably overowned too.

I like the matches where FD doesn’t even have a picture for either player. Something like Kwon/Dellien, say.

• Rasmus

Love the 46 game slate, hate the payout strcture.

• dw12290

Have 3 tickets on FD and have no clue who to play. Might just put names in a hat and see who I pick. The payouts on both FD and DK are ridiculous and trying to get in the top 5 on either site will be no easy task.

• OttawaCityMadman

@Yeoman said...

I like the matches where FD doesn’t even have a picture for either player. Something like Kwon/Dellien, say.

Looked into this one. They look pretty even, ranking , body type. But Dellien is a clay court guy. I can see Kwon overwhlmed/choking being his first look at FM, but I dont know enough about him.

• Yeoman

@dw12290 said...

Might just put names in a hat and see who I pick.

I was thinking of doing that for FD’s late slate. The pricing basically forces everyone into the same small handful of lineups; it’s possible a single nuts lineup might tie for the entire payout zone. Maybe it makes sense to toss in something random and hope for the bizarre.

• Faucher

• Blogger of the Month

Kinda wish DK put all the matches up like FD did. A lot to like in the mid-range. Article is up, will keep up like I did with Wimbeldon.
    https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/fanduel-tennis-dfs-strategy-monday-august-26th-3105632

• Jenesaisblah

I’m high on Dart. Good hard court record. Her opponent does not. This draw doesn’t get any better for her, for her to reach the next round. This is it for her. She needs to take advantage.

• LegiaWwa

@Extravaganza said...

If Svajda ends up priced as a +300 or +400 underdog, I think he’s worth some dart throws just because he’s so ridiculously cheap. Otherwise, I think looking towards good players in tough (but winnable) matchups like the aforementioned Londero seems much more appealing.

Hes still a +900 underdog against Lorenzi, so theres zero value with Svajda.

• Billychurch

What do we think the chalkiest plays are going to be? My main goal is going to be avoiding most of them

• Rasmus

sdfgsdfg

• Yeoman

@Billychurch said...

What do we think the chalkiest plays are going to be? My main goal is going to be avoiding most of them

Make a list of all the players, go through this thread about 10:30 tomorrow and cross off every name mentioned. Make a lineup with what’s left, using about $49.4k or so.

• tristanwolf

i got 9 tix anyone know if we have to use them tomorrow? says expires the 27th so maybe good for tues?

• sports667

@LegiaWwa said...

Hes still a +900 underdog against Lorenzi, so theres zero value with Svajda.

Yup. I might throw him on a cheap big parlay though

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.