STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• LegiaWwa

$50,000 to 1st
    $500 to 9th

46 matches

Ugh, DK.

But got some tickets to use, so I gotta play.

• sox9

Was Jarry a trap?

• ezellmt

RG Contributor

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@Yeoman said...

We have a different definition of “freak talent,” I suppose. We discussed this here a year ago; it’s rare for that U18 wild card to win a set at the Open.

Here are the winners from the ’0s, long enough ago to let us know how their careers turned out:

Philip King
    Alex Bogomolov
    Prakash Amritraj
    Robert Yim
    Scoville Jenkins
    Donald Young
    Michael McClune
    Austin Krajicek
    Chase Buchanan

Nobody there ever made top-32 (the cut line for a major seed); Young and Bogomolov at least had serviceable careers on the tour.

Looking at the whole list over the last 40 years, the best of the lot were probably Michael Chang, Tiafoe, Jack Sock, Justin Gimelstob. Stan Smith won it 55 years ago, but outside of him and Chang it’s not exactly a who’s who of American tennis.

Often those WCs face tougher competition. He was priced as if he was playing one of the best players in the world (Anderson). Instead, he faced a very average one having a terrible year. He was worth the punt consideration.

• ccchalfant

Jarry was a trap!

• OttawaCityMadman

What going on with Tsurenko match. My odds site has her cancelled against Barthal. But also playing Flipkins. But DK says she is out and Flipkins will be playing X Wang? is that correct?

• Jenesaisblah

@ccchalfant said...

Jarry was a trap!

It’s Jarry lol that match was always going to 5 sets.

• Jenesaisblah

If Keys wins I’ll have a 6/6 in the late slate.

• JSteele

Lol fed trap

• yisman

Federer must think he’s facing Nadal

• Jenesaisblah

Fed doesnt want to be there. This is how he looked when he lost to rublev too.

• Billychurch

@Jenesaisblah said...

Fed retires after Olympics next year, guaranteed

• LegiaWwa

@OttawaCityMadman said...

What going on with Tsurenko match. My odds site has her cancelled against Barthal. But also playing Flipkins. But DK says she is out and Flipkins will be playing X Wang? is that correct?

Twitter has it Flipkens vs Wang, I think Tsurenko withdrew. Not sure if all the sites have officially updated yet.

• LegiaWwa

@Jenesaisblah said...

As a Federer fan, I think that Wimbledon final took a lot out of him, especially the two match points he blew. Its unfortunate, but he might finally be done for.

• sox9

@sox9 said...

Was Jarry a trap?

Maybe one of the best trap plays this year after his opponent withdrew and everyone figured he had an easy draw. Instead an embarrassing choke.

• sox9

When do they add Jarry’s score to the FD results? Supposed to be after the match

• Jenesaisblah

@sox9 said...

Maybe one of the best trap plays this year after his opponent withdrew and everyone figured he had an easy draw. Instead an embarrassing choke.

He got 55 pts for a loss.. thats as much as some players get for a win. Nobody should be complaining about that.

• Jenesaisblah

Woot. Won $10 playing the late slate. The ones I always do my best in. Should probably just play those. I have no idea who I want to play tomorrow in the regular day slate. It looks like a gross one. So many players playing with injuries. Just don’t know which could be serious or not.

Is anyone chasing flipkens?

• tristanwolf

$15 dk gonna be rake free again tomorrow i bet

• depalma13

@tristanwolf said...

$15 dk gonna be rake free again tomorrow i bet

Doesn’t matter to me as all my players find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

• sportsnut11

Upset picks for today on either site that everybody likes…So far just looking, I am a fan of Albot. Zverev has been struggling lately. Especially on FD for $11. Also like most others I like Rublev at $13. Really opens alot up. Another cheap option in a kinda toss up match is Ivashka and Kokki. Kokki hasn’t don’t anything worldly to make me think Ivashka can’t beat him. Lastly is Bjorn against Simon. Never know which Simon you will get first round of a major.

• JSteele

@sportsnut11 said...

Upset picks for today on either site that everybody likes…So far just looking, I am a fan of Albot. Zverev has been struggling lately. Especially on FD for $11. Also like most others I like Rublev at $13. Really opens alot up. Another cheap option in a kinda toss up match is Ivashka and Kokki. Kokki hasn’t don’t anything worldly to make me think Ivashka can’t beat him. Lastly is Bjorn against Simon. Never know which Simon you will get first round of a major.

I like Astra Sharma. Last week winners haven’t been doing well so I’m considering fading Linette

• gvn2fly1421

Anyone know which Kyrgios is going to show up?

• sox9

Weird question, new to fantasy tennis. Does it every make sense in a cash LU (maybe even GPP) to have both sides of a match if you envision a 5-setter? After watching the Jarry loss and seeing how many points he still got —-does a Zverev+Albot in the same Lu make sense, or is it just too hedged? Obviously it depends price of those 2 players and how you construct the rest of the roster.

• wigg_ESEA

RG Overall Ranking

@sox9 said...

Weird question, new to fantasy tennis. Does it every make sense in a cash LU (maybe even GPP) to have both sides of a match if you envision a 5-setter? After watching the Jarry loss and seeing how many points he still got —-does a Zverev+Albot in the same Lu make sense, or is it just too hedged? Obviously it depends price of those 2 players and how you construct the rest of the roster.

Never play both players playing each other.

• afcangelo

Has anyone been able to find updated odds for Flipkens now that she’s playing Wang??

Right now I like Escobedo, Maria and Parmentier for dogs. Sonego could be an edge play as well for so cheap. Pegula too. Worried about Isner but I’ll chase the massive upside and play the chalk

• ted187

@afcangelo said...

Has anyone been able to find updated odds for Flipkens now that she’s playing Wang??

Right now I like Escobedo, Maria and Parmentier for dogs. Sonego could be an edge play as well for so cheap. Pegula too. Worried about Isner but I’ll chase the massive upside and play the chalk

1.9 on bet365 flipkens-wang

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.