STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• LegiaWwa

$50,000 to 1st
    $500 to 9th

46 matches

Ugh, DK.

But got some tickets to use, so I gotta play.

• OttawaCityMadman

@sox9 said...

Weird question, new to fantasy tennis. Does it every make sense in a cash LU (maybe even GPP) to have both sides of a match if you envision a 5-setter? After watching the Jarry loss and seeing how many points he still got —-does a Zverev+Albot in the same Lu make sense, or is it just too hedged? Obviously it depends price of those 2 players and how you construct the rest of the roster.

Its quite rare to have a losing score over 40pts or even 30 on DK. Much safer to chase an upset

• MotownGreek

@sox9 said...

Weird question, new to fantasy tennis. Does it every make sense in a cash LU (maybe even GPP) to have both sides of a match if you envision a 5-setter? After watching the Jarry loss and seeing how many points he still got —-does a Zverev+Albot in the same Lu make sense, or is it just too hedged? Obviously it depends price of those 2 players and how you construct the rest of the roster.

As previously mentioned, no, never pick both sides of a match. Additionally, if you’re playing cash, don’t pick any underdogs. Pick all favorites, which most likely means you’ll go very balanced with players in the $8k range on DK. You want 5/6 or 6/6 in cash, you just want a win, don’t care how many sets it takes.

• OttawaCityMadman

@afcangelo said...

Has anyone been able to find updated odds for Flipkens now that she’s playing Wang??

Right now I like Escobedo, Maria and Parmentier for dogs. Sonego could be an edge play as well for so cheap. Pegula too. Worried about Isner but I’ll chase the massive upside and play the chalk

yes just up on Odds P now. XWang is a tiny fave. But total coin flip match. Im on Escobedo as well

• Verbo

Flipkens is trap city. This Wang will be the best of all the Wang gang. She’s 6’0 and only 18. Has power to hang with Flipkens. Odds are about right.

• Pbasniper

@ted187 said...

1.9 on bet365 flipkens-wang

DK has Flipkens -106 and Wang -117 for what their odds are worth.

• afcangelo

Yea looking at -105 here myself. So it’s basically a flip at 6.7. Not the best but for that price point I’m okay with it. After Flipkens I maybe somewhat can get behind Sharma but Linette has been super girl lately, even though she’s gotta be wiped.

• Jenesaisblah

This Chung kid is the real deal, I’d be careful about playing Escobedo.

• Jenesaisblah

Sorry, double post.

• Ndepompei

@sox9 said...

Would not do it this early in the tournament with how many matches you can choose from. Makes a little more sense later in the tournament but still it limits upside too much

• afcangelo

After that moving down maybe some Fratangelo in GPP. Same with Krunic and Albot, Rublev I feel could be a trap. Parmentier because Pav has been mental. Maria because Kanepi isn’t near as good as the price. Osaka in cash. Isner chalk day everywhere. Kvitova in the 10k and possibly Bencic as well. Andrescu/Halep 1a/1b all the way up top

• Jenesaisblah

My punts Rublev and Vikhlyansteva

• sox9

@afcangelo said...

Has anyone been able to find updated odds for Flipkens now that she’s playing Wang??

Right now I like Escobedo, Maria and Parmentier for dogs. Sonego could be an edge play as well for so cheap. Pegula too. Worried about Isner but I’ll chase the massive upside and play the chalk

Pegula is favored 60:40

• sox9

@MotownGreek said...

As previously mentioned, no, never pick both sides of a match. Additionally, if you’re playing cash, don’t pick any underdogs. Pick all favorites, which most likely means you’ll go very balanced with players in the $8k range on DK. You want 5/6 or 6/6 in cash, you just want a win, don’t care how many sets it takes.

thx. everyone!

• MotownGreek

@Ndepompei said...

Would not do it this early in the tournament with how many matches you can choose from. Makes a little more sense later in the tournament but still it limits upside too much

Makes no sense even late in tournaments.

• Yeoman

@MotownGreek said...

Makes no sense even late in tournaments.

That’s the definitive response, because the only place it could ever even conceivably make sense is in cash on a very small slate. Since I never play cash, I couldn’t answer that for sure.

In a gpp it never, ever makes sense to match perfectly anticorrelated plays. You never want to do anything that pushes your lineup towards the center.

• BadAtBetting

After a nice day yesterday, hopefully I can do the same today. My thoughts on the day:

I really love Pegula today. She was my first lock.

Also really like RBA today. Great chance to be low owned among the other big names at the top but I think his chance of winning in straight sets is high.

I feel the same about Edmund except he’s likely to be a bit higher owned.

My low ceiling but high floor pick is Delbonis. The match has a pretty high chance of going 5 sets and for sure 4 in my opinion. For his price I like him a lot today too.

Take all of this as you want. Just some of my opinions on the slate.

• thetitanlb

I feel like Giraldo is a pretty solid play. He is playing really really well in the past few weeks and Bublik has been meh.

• Yeoman

@ezellmt said...

He was priced as if he was playing one of the best players in the world (Anderson).

Was he? It’s the first time since DFS tennis started that the U18 WC wasn’t the cheapest player by some distance. I thought his price was oddly high against Anderson; even against Lorenzi it still seemed on the high side given the -900 odds.

Last year it was Brooksby, who I’d at least seen play and think is one of the better players on that winner list. His price was the lowest we’d ever seen and he was only playing Millman—there were some “nobody can be this cheap, is this worth a flyer?” posts here and it’s why I took the trouble to look into U18 results in the first place. He lost 46 26 06.

The year before Kypson drew a qualifier, and a weak one at that, Menendez-Maceiras. 46 67 16. Mmoh lost to Chardy 46 46 16. Tiafoe, by far the best of these players, lost in straights to Chardy. Rubin got bageled. Altamirano only won five games. That’s 18 straight sets, and takes us back to 2012: Dennis Novikov won a match at the Open. So it can happen…

Whatever happened to Dennis Novikov, anyway?

The girls U18s have done better, for what it’s worth. That’s probably not a surprise. It’s also a more representative list of the top of US tennis: Evert, Austin, Davenport, Capriati. Kenin, more recently. If there’s a long stretch in there from 1990-2010 without notable players, I guess it’s because outside of the Williamses there wasn’t much going on in the US on the women’s side.

• Yeoman

@thetitanlb said...

I feel like Giraldo is a pretty solid play. He is playing really really well in the past few weeks and Bublik has been meh.

I saw Bublik lose to J.J. Wolf in Cincinnati. He’s not been right for a while now.

• JSteele

Is anyone else not a fan of the mid tier today? I like several sub 8k players. I think i’m going stars and scrubs a fair bit today. I can fit two top tier players with the value that I like today.

• BadAtBetting

@JSteele said...

Is anyone else not a fan of the mid tier today? I like several sub 8k players. I think i’m going stars and scrubs a fair bit today. I can fit two top tier players with the value that I like today.

I’m 100% going stars and scrubs. Lots of value under 8k today.

• Yeoman

@JSteele said...

I’m a bit worried this is going to be the chalk approach but I’m doing the same. Except for Kudermetova I think I’m fading the whole 7000-9000 range, at least on the early slate. There’s a whole lot I like in the 6s and one I like in the 5s.

• aliemeb

PEGULA 30%

• yisman

the FD 7.77 had overlay. DK didn’t have any. Still, only played the DK $15, didn’t get around to FD.

Made a late switch to Flipkens. 24.8%

• JSteele

Andreescu
    Chung
    Collins
    Pegula
    Riske
    Sharma

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.